Error communicating with the network device

Posted on
Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:04 pm
stevemac00 offline

Error communicating with the network device

I set up the server device and a camera device. Server status is "ready" and Camera is "active".
I can use applescript and change sensitivity and other params as needed but when I try to do this from an Action Group in Indigo, I get the following error:
Garage Camera 10,835 Error communicating with the network device "Garage"

Also, I notice if I try to change motion sensitivity, Indigo logs
Camera Motion=20
but the change never occurs in SecuritySpy yet I can do this fine in Indigo with Applescript.

Posted on
Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:41 pm
moyse offline

Re: Error communicating with the network device

I guess you never got a reply to this? I'm seeing exactly the same thing now. I had it working before, but had to re-install almost everything as my drive died.

Indigo sees SS, because if I create a new camera device, the pulldown shows the names I have in Security Spy. I have http access enabled. I'm not really sure what else it could be

Cynical SecuritySpy Error Front Drive - Camera 10,835 Error communicating with the network device "Driveway"

Posted on
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:07 pm
stevemac00 offline

I no longer use SS. I was disatisfied with the motion trigger anyway.
If you have Hikvision, it's very easy to use all the superior built in capabilities.

Posted on
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:18 pm
artpics offline

stevemac00 wrote:
I no longer use SS. I was disatisfied with the motion trigger anyway.
If you have Hikvision, it's very easy to use all the superior built in capabilities.

how have you integrated hikvision cameras with indigo. :D

Posted on
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:39 pm
stevemac00 offline

Depends on what you want.
To display in touch, simply use the streaming url
http://user:pass@10.0.0.99/Streaming/Channels/1/picture
Make the refresh whatever you want.
I use small sizes then upon clicking the image, go to full screen with a fast refresh.

I use motion and intrusion detection and have them record substream directly to my indigo Mac with a separate disk partition for each camera.

I don't use any triggering for motion because I couldn't find a good use for it but you can use built in notification or you could create a Automator daemon to watch the partition for any recording and AppleScript a trigger in indigo.

Probably not courteous to continue this thread off topic so if you have other questions, just use the PM.

Posted on
Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:04 am
moyse offline

Back on topic... (though I'm interested in moving away from SS myself, and will look into this)

I really don't understand this. I can trigger both of my cameras using an Action from Indigo and they record just fine. Yet my logfile is constantly spammed with these errors. Perhaps it intermittently loses connection? Turning on debugging in preferences doesn't stop them.

Posted on
Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:21 am
stevemac00 offline

Well, I'll hazard a guess that your Mac is overloaded and can't keep up. Try reducing the image quality from the camera and see if that makes a difference.

Posted on
Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:39 am
moyse offline

Thanks - this was exactly it. Reducing the FPS of the cameras has entirely eliminated these warnings.

Posted on
Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:13 pm
philipbasile offline

I have an LTS Security NVR and Cameras. The cams are CMIP3042W-28 which are 4mp turret cams made by hikvision for LTS.
The NVR is its own subnet which keeps the camera traffic off my regular home network. I use my sonicwall firewall/router which supports up to 4 subnets to route between my primary 192.168.2.x network and the 192.168.10.x camera network thru the NRV. LTS told me this wouldn't work but it works fine.

I spent about a week on the phone with LTS getting the right syntax for the URLs to work. First you have to turn on the snapshot feature in the camera - Advanced:Storage:Snapshot.
I have the snapshot being saved every 2 seconds.

Then I use a refreshing URL in indigo. The snapshot URL is http://[username]:[password]@[ip address]/streaming/channels/1/picture?resolution=320x240

the resolution could also be 704x480 for this 4mp camera. right now I have the indigo refresh set to 4 secs.

Works fantastic!

Page 1 of 1