Cynical SecuritySpy: Integrate SecuritySpy with Indigo

Posted on
Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:43 am
Data offline

Re: Cynical SecuritySpy: Integrate SecuritySpy with Indigo

Hello all, im trying to get this to work , but i see i have only indigo 4 running with the latest ss, is that gonna work or not ?

Also it says here on the site double click the plugin to unzipp, and then click the installer for the plugin but all i see is a content folder and no installer .

Hope somebody can help me out, i want this to work asap since my house got broken into this weekend, and the ss camera worked but there were no lights going on, so the picture was not good enough for the police, and this plugin could have fixed that.

Thanks

Posted on
Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:54 am
Perry The Cynic offline

I am sorry to hear about your break-in.
Hello all, im trying to get this to work , but i see i have only indigo 4 running with the latest ss, is that gonna work or not ?

You need Indigo 5 for plugins to work at all. Indigo 4 will not do.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:07 am
Data offline

Ok thank you.

Posted on
Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:21 am
Data offline

I Just bought the upgrade to version 6, but now i see that is a beta, will it work with the 6 or do you recommend getting the 5 version untill 6 is out of beta ?

Posted on
Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:43 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 6 is quite stable (though I'll let Perry address which is better for the current version of his plugin). We automatically generated an Indigo 5 code when you purchased the upgrade if you want to use it instead - just go to the registration code recovery page and it'll email you all of your codes including the one for Indigo 5.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:56 am
Data offline

Yes i saw that in the email too, but thanks for the support, ill wait and see waht perry says.

Posted on
Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:11 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

I Just bought the upgrade to version 6, but now i see that is a beta, will it work with the 6 or do you recommend getting the 5 version untill 6 is out of beta ?

In my experience, the Indigo beta releases are pretty stable. I am running my house on Indigo 6 right now. The only issues are usually in the brand-new stuff (which of course includes some changes to how plugins interact with Indigo).

The latest version of Cynical SecuritySpy seems to work with the latest Indigo beta for most users. At least I'm not drowning in complaints right now. So unless you're actively risk averse, you might want to give it a try.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:08 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Perry,

There is a user on this thread that is getting the error:

Code: Select all
<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: invalid version number '6.0.0 b5'

I thought that was fixed in the latest plugin, but according to the poster he is using 1.1.0b4 of the plugin. Any thoughts?

Posted on
Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:03 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

I thought that was fixed in the latest plugin, but according to the poster he is using 1.1.0b4 of the plugin. Any thoughts?

Version 1.1.0b4 of Cynical SecuritySpy definitely has that fix in it. I can't offhand think of a reason why it wouldn't work, and the error shown is exactly the pre-fix behavior.

(For what it's worth, the problem is/was that I'm using distutils.StrictVersion to compare Indigo's version against whatever the plugin says its minimum supported version is, and StrictVersion does not like spaces in version strings. So my fix was to simply remove all spaces from the version number Indigo reports about itself. I trust you haven't started adding tabs or backspaces in there. :-))

Or is it another plugin we're talking about?

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:43 pm
Data offline

I updated to indigo6 and run the installer of the plugin, i created a server with my login info of SS, but it stays on unavailable, and when i try to greate a camera device the list stays blank even do there are 2 cams connected to the SS server.
I must be doing something wrong but i dont know what it is.

Posted on
Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:44 pm
Data offline

Ow there was an update, now it says ready, now for setting up the cams ;-).

Posted on
Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:00 pm
Data offline

Camera's are visible in the list now, and i set it up so that when motion is detected it should set lights to on, but its not doing it.
When i click execute now from indigo interface the trigger works.
Should i do something in the SS set up in the action tab?
The only option i can see that could do something is run script, but there is no script available.

Posted on
Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:05 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

Camera's are visible in the list now, and i set it up so that when motion is detected it should set lights to on, but its not doing it. When i click execute now from indigo interface the trigger works.

Make sure the camera is actually active. No events will be generated for a passive camera.
Should i do something in the SS set up in the action tab?

The settings in the SecuritySpy action tab are irrelevant to this. You could set up an action there to convince yourself that SecuritySpy is really seeing motion, though.
The only option i can see that could do something is run script, but there is no script available.

Those are scripts in SecuritySpy, quite unrelated to Indigo scripts. You can invoke them through the plugin, but unless you added scripts to SecuritySpy, there won't be any (as you found).

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:10 pm
Data offline

Hi Perry, first of all thanks for the quick reply.
I can see in the SS camera overview, that the camera is seeing movement because i have it set up so that it will record a movie when it does, and i can see that happen.
I was expecting to see the lights go on when it would start recording/see movement but nothing is happening, and yes the camera is on active.
Any suggestions on were too look next ?

Posted on
Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:26 pm
Data offline

set up made in the trigger tab in indigo is :

Trigger=type>Cynical securityspy event>Event= camera motion.
Condition= always
Actions = Type= control light/appliance device action
Action= Turn On
Device = the light

When i click execute action now from within indigo it works, so it must be that the communication between SS and indigo is not working at the moment.

In the device list the state of the cams says active and the server says ready,so i would think that they can see each other.

Ow and i'm running 10.7.5 as a system , and both indigo and securityspy are running on the same machine if that makes any difference