Cynical Network: Can't configure send text action

Posted on
Thu May 16, 2013 9:33 pm
bmoraes offline

Cynical Network: Can't configure send text action

I'm trying to use Cynical Network (1.5.0) plugin to sent text to iTach Flex.

I can create the TCP Out device, and it gets connected. However whenever I create a "sent text" action I can't configure it. The "Edit Action Settings" button does not work. It does not open the configuration window.

I have tried to disable/enable the plugin several times, restart indigo, but it is not working.

Any help is appreciated!

Posted on
Fri May 17, 2013 4:23 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Cynical Network: Can't configure send text action

I moved the original post above over to Perry's sub-forum where hopefully he'll notice it.

Perry: I tried the steps above and this error is thrown in the Event Log:

Code: Select all
  Error (client)                  dialogForActionId() caught exception: PAXDialogControllerError -- A duplicate Field ID was found. Field IDs must be unique.
  Cynical Network Error           in getIOMConfigUiValues:
  File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/plug.py", line 310, in getIOMConfigUiValues
    return self._ui._start_ui((props, indigo.Dict()), cls, obj, dev)
  File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/configui.py", line 112, in _start_ui
    assert self._ui_values is None
AssertionError

So the Indigo dialog renderer isn't liking the XML returned from the plugin. I checked the Actions.xml file and it looks like all of the nodes have unique field ID attributes, but maybe your framework is adding some dynamic XML in there before it returns it to Indigo?

Posted on
Tue May 28, 2013 2:49 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

So the Indigo dialog renderer isn't liking the XML returned from the plugin. I checked the Actions.xml file and it looks like all of the nodes have unique field ID attributes, but maybe your framework is adding some dynamic XML in there before it returns it to Indigo?

Exactement. Yes, actions get a description field dynamically added on, and that particular plugin version also still had the manual version in its xml.

Fixed in 1.5.1 (now available). Thanks.
-- perry

Posted on
Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:05 pm
User187 offline

I too are having issues with this version of the plugin. I was reliably using this plugin (ver. 1.1.0.b1) with two iTachs to control some window covering integration modules in my home. Upgraded to Indigo 6, then noticed my Cynical Network plugin was no longer allowing me to open the configure text window. Upgraded the Cynical Network plugin (to ver. 1.5.1) and have now noticed that this version will not accept the exact same command(s) that I was previously using in the earlier version of this plugin. I believe it does not like the formatting that I am using, yet have tried every combination of formatting I can think of with no results. Lost control over all my motorized shades. :(
Last edited by User187 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:23 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

User187 wrote:
I too are having issues with this version of the plugin. I was reliably using this plugin (ver. 1.1.0.b1) with two iTachs to control some window covering integration modules in my home. Upgraded to Indigo 6, then noticed my Cynical Network plugin was no longer allowing me to open the configure text window. Upgraded the Cynical Network plugin (to ver. 1.5.1) and have now noticed that this version will not accept the same exact same command(s) that I was previously using in the earlier version of this plugin. I believe it does not like the formatting that I am using, yet have tried every combination of formatting I can think of with no results. Lost control over all my motorized shades. :(

I'm sad. What text are you trying to send, and what line ending are you using?

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:41 pm
User187 offline

Perry The Cynic wrote:
User187 wrote:
I too are having issues with this version of the plugin. I was reliably using this plugin (ver. 1.1.0.b1) with two iTachs to control some window covering integration modules in my home. Upgraded to Indigo 6, then noticed my Cynical Network plugin was no longer allowing me to open the configure text window. Upgraded the Cynical Network plugin (to ver. 1.5.1) and have now noticed that this version will not accept the same exact same command(s) that I was previously using in the earlier version of this plugin. I believe it does not like the formatting that I am using, yet have tried every combination of formatting I can think of with no results. Lost control over all my motorized shades. :(

I'm sad. What text are you trying to send, and what line ending are you using?

Cheers
-- perry

Hi Perry, I sent you an email last night with full details. In a nutshell, my device wants its commands in Hex. Typically I would use something like "FF 10 11 00 DD" which would equate to all shades paired to that controller going up. However, depending on the application I am using, the format could also take the shape of "\xff\x10\x11\x00\xdd" (which is the format I was using in ver. 1.1.0.b1 of your plugin). I have many actions already set up using this exact same format, and they still work. However, I just added another shade controller and when trying to build additional actions for this new device, again, using the exact same formatting, I get an error and cannot save the info in the text field. The field does not always highlight in red, it just refuses to save.

Regards,

Chad

Posted on
Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:47 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

However, depending on the application I am using, the format could also take the shape of "\xff\x10\x11\x00\xdd" (which is the format I was using in ver. 1.1.0.b1 of your plugin).

Got it. Fixed in version 1.6.1. Thanks for the report. (The bug was in the ConfigUI generation of the description, so existing actions were not affected.)

Cheers
-- perry

Page 1 of 1