Cynical Network Variable Problems

Posted on
Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:24 pm
screen offline

Cynical Network Variable Problems

Hi, I recently added a couple new network connections via the plugin and have started experiencing some weird behavior. I have 6 cynical network devices, 2 are TCP IN, 4 are TCP OUT. I'm not sure what I've changed cause I've been tweaking a lot but recently I've started receiving the following error very frequently:

Code: Select all
Cynical Network Error           in runConcurrentThread: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/debugging.py", line 46, in diagnostic_log
    yield
  File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/debugging.py", line 56, in diagnose_call
    return method(*args, **kwargs)
  File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/asynplugin.py", line 51, in runConcurrentThread
    self.run()
  File ".../Server Plugin/asyn/inject.py", line 49, in run
    asyn.Controller.run(self)
  File ".../Server Plugin/asyn/controller.py", line 88, in run
    item._can_read()
  File ".../Server Plugin/asyn/selectable.py", line 227, in _can_read
    result = scan(self._rbuf, self.callout)
  File ".../Server Plugin/asyn/scan.py", line 68, in scan
    callout(ctx, *m.groups())
  File ".../Server Plugin/asyn/core.py", line 136, in callout
    results = [cb(ctx, *args) for cb in list(self._callbacks)]   # latch callback list
  File "plugin.py", line 145, in _event
    debug("match", event, event.lastinput, event.lastinput_var)
  File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/attr.py", line 269, in __get__
    return self._eval(self._variable(obj).value)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'value'

Cynical Network Error           plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

I've also noticed a new variable called 'None' that is getting updated with random networking response lines. I have a variable defined in each device instance. The error above seems related to this. I am running v1.1.0b1.

I've tried restarting the plugin, restarting Indigo, blanking and then resetting the variable names in all of the devices. I'm not quite sure what to look at next or what other information would be useful.

Posted on
Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:37 am
screen offline

Re: Cynical Network Variable Problems

I haven't had a chance to work on this issue much since posting but I did get to try a couple of things. I've been able to silence the plugin errors by disabling a few of my Cynical Network devices. The last one that silences the errors is a TCP IN device and I've tried deleting and recreating the device to see if that would help. Perry, any idea what else I could look into on this one?

Posted on
Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:53 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

I haven't had a chance to work on this issue much since posting but I did get to try a couple of things. I've been able to silence the plugin errors by disabling a few of my Cynical Network devices. The last one that silences the errors is a TCP IN device and I've tried deleting and recreating the device to see if that would help. Perry, any idea what else I could look into on this one?

Screen, Is that still a problem for you?

Posted on
Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:01 pm
screen offline

I believe it is however I've had to work around it a bit by not using cynical network for a few things. I determined that if I added a catch all variable to every single cynical network trigger that prevents the None variable from being created but I haven't take not further to see if I could get my new listeners to work. I'm planning to upgrade soon, that would be a good chance to revisit this if you have some pointers.

Page 1 of 1