indilinq - an alternative mobile app & plugin for indigo

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:17 am
PegnioLtd offline

indilinq - an alternative mobile app & plugin for indigo

Hello everyone,

We have recently released the indilinq plugin and mobile app for iOS devices (works better on an iPhone) that provides an alternative to indigo Touch.

Both the plugin and mobile app are FREE and without any adverts or need to register or provide personal details.

If you have the time please have a look and tell us what you think? We are open to improving it and adding more features based on demand...

More information here: <removed>
[MODERATOR NOTE: LINK REMOVED - NO LONGER POINTS iOS APP]

Thank you!

Pegnio Ltd

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:10 am
kw123 offline

Re: indilinq - an alternative mobile app & plugin for indigo

thanks for the new plugin, have downloaded it and installed. that was easy. Now I am trying to use it and have some questions, where should I post these.. here?

And looking at the plugin I see that the code is not open (.so files ) .
I understand that the technology is proprietary and you don't want to give away your intellectual property, but as this software has deep access to into my home I would like to have an understanding if it is kosher. Is there a way for e.g. Matt or Jay (after the proper agreements) to have a look at the underlying code to give an ok that nothing wrong is going on..

thanks so much for your contribution.

Karl

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:30 am
PegnioLtd offline

Hello Karl,

Thanks for trying indilinq out! We hope to have a sub-forum soon but open to all questions here.

We are happy to give source-code access to indigo domotics to validate that nothing bad or out of the ordinary is happening.

We made indilinq this way to ensure your privacy, security and that no information is collected or transmitted anywhere else apart from your Mac and your iPhone. It is your home, you should be 100% in control.

Regards,

Kostas

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:30 am
CliveS offline

whoops! I think I broke it......
:?
Reloading plugin "indilinq 1.0.5"
Starting plugin "indilinq 1.0.5" (pid 24407)
indilinq Error Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.pyx", line 1, in init plugin (plugin.c:32461)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/indilinq.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/autobahn/twisted/__init__.py", line 41, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/indilinq.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/autobahn/twisted/choosereactor.py", line 31, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/indilinq.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/txaio/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/indilinq.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/txaio/interfaces.py", line 30, in <module>
ImportError: No module named six

Stopping plugin "indilinq 1.0.5" (pid 24407)
Stopped plugin "indilinq 1.0.5"

CliveS

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:33 am
PegnioLtd offline

Thanks CliveS! No matter how much testing, something will be broken/missing and thank you for reporting!

This means a module dependency has not been installed, we will amend the plugin asap.

Our apologies for this!

Pegnio Ltd

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:47 am
PegnioLtd offline

The "six" module is now included in the plugin package so this error should disappear if you re-install the plugin. If there are any other issues with the plugin please let us know.

Thank you!

Pegnio Ltd

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:55 am
CliveS offline

I just noticed that the latest version on the app store is "Updated: Mar 09, 2017, Version: 1.0.6" but I have downloaded and installed Version: 1.0.5 !!

CliveS

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:00 am
PegnioLtd offline

Indeed the indilinq plugin is on v1.0.5 and the mobile app is on v1.0.6 as they follow different development & release paths as more features will be added and any code bugs fixed.

If there are any dependencies, meaning a minimum version of the plugin for the app to run this will be displayed when the app loads and on of course on the app store & our web site.

If it causes confusion of course we will be re-aligning the plugin and app versions.

Pegnio Ltd

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:01 am
autolog offline

PegnioLtd wrote:
We made indilinq this way to ensure your privacy, security and that no information is collected or transmitted anywhere else apart from your Mac and your iPhone. It is your home, you should be 100% in control.

Without seeing the source code, there is no way to know that this is the case. :wink:

I would not install it on my system on this basis - my 2 cents worth. :)

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:10 am
Different Computers offline

Oh please please please: tell me this iOS app enables direct location based triggering of Indigo!

And if it doesn't please tell me that this is #1 on your feature request list. Seriously, Home Remote kinda sort works, but its UI is just painful and unintuitive to the point I have to teach myself how to use it all over again any time I need to add or change something.

This is a big missing feature that your app could address and that would greatly encourage adoption. Frankly, easy, reliable presence detection is the single, solitary thing I find missing from the Indigo ecosystem. To make it work now requires some version of kludgy workarounds via IFTTT and Better Email, iBeacons, raspberry Pi beacons, the Ubiquiti AP plugin, and/or Home Remote.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:12 am
PegnioLtd offline

autolog wrote:
PegnioLtd wrote:

Without seeing the source code, there is no way to know that this is the case. :wink:

I would not install it on my system on this basis - my 2 cents worth. :)

We totally understand autolog and if there is any way to convince people that this is 100% true, we're open to suggestions, as not everyone will have the technical knowledge of going through the code of a plugin in Python and the mobile app in Swift.

Pegnio Ltd.

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:15 am
PegnioLtd offline

Different Computers wrote:
Oh please please please: tell me this iOS app enables direct location based triggering of Indigo!

And if it doesn't please tell me that this is #1 on your feature request list. Seriously, Home Remote kinda sort works, but its UI is just painful and unintuitive to the point I have to teach myself how to use it all over again any time I need to add or change something.

This is a big missing feature that your app could address and that would greatly encourage adoption. Frankly, easy, reliable presence detection is the single, solitary thing I find missing from the Indigo ecosystem. To make it work now requires some version of kludgy workarounds via IFTTT and Better Email, iBeacons, raspberry Pi beacons, the Ubiquiti AP plugin, and/or Home Remote.

We are more than open and happy to discuss new features! If you can provide a bit more information and what you mean by location based triggering then we can get our minds to see how it can be achieved.

I guess key thing is knowing where your 'home' indigo system is first and then understanding if you are going home or are 'in' your home?

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:22 am
Different Computers offline

PegnioLtd wrote:
We are more than open and happy to discuss new features! If you can provide a bit more information and what you mean by location based triggering then we can get our minds to see how it can be achieved.

I guess key thing is knowing where your 'home' indigo system is first and then understanding if you are going home or are 'in' your home?

Indigo doesn't know where my phone is without the workarounds mentioned. What I imagine is just like the iOS Find Friends app--in your app I would set a geofence to trigger the app to tell Indigo to execute something. For flexibility, that something should be able to be anything: action or device. And ability for multiple geofence actions would be ideal.

So it doesn't matter where the system is relative to the geofence: there are use cases for "tell Indigo I'm leaving work" as well as "tell Indigo I'm leaving my girlfriend's place" and "tell Indigo I'm leaving my house." And of course the reverse: "Tell Indigo I've arrived at home/work/whatever."

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:26 am
haavarda offline

Nice initiative. And this could rely have potential :)

After installing and some minutes of testing I am missing some things:

1 - The possibility to limit devices. I have a lot of devices that I dont need to be shown in the app. The same applies to rooms.
2 - The possibility to rename rooms. My folders in indigo are generic, and not necessarily they way they should be presented.
3 - The possibility to copy setup to another device.

Håvard

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:53 am
CliveS offline

Downloaded again from your web page link (3 times) deleted the plugin 3 times and reloaded but still have load failure.
Not sure what service_identity error is all about.

Starting PuDB debugging of plugin indilinq.indigoPlugin.
To set breakpoints add indigo.debugger() calls and reload debugger.

:0: UserWarning: You do not have a working installation of the service_identity module: 'No module named service_identity'. Please install it from <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/service_identity> and make sure all of its dependencies are satisfied. Without the service_identity module and a recent enough pyOpenSSL to support it, Twisted can perform only rudimentary TLS client hostname verification. Many valid certificate/hostname mappings may be rejected.
Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/indilinq.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/twisted/internet/base.py", line 417, in fireEvent
DeferredList(beforeResults).addCallback(self._continueFiring)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/indilinq.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 317, in addCallback
callbackKeywords=kw)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/indilinq.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 306, in addCallbacks
self._runCallbacks()
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/indilinq.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 649, in _runCallbacks
current.result = callback(current.result, *args, **kw)
--- <exception caught here> ---
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/indilinq.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/twisted/internet/base.py", line 430, in _continueFiring
callable(*args, **kwargs)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/indilinq.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/twisted/internet/base.py", line 1190, in _reallyStartRunning
self._handleSignals()
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/indilinq.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/twisted/internet/posixbase.py", line 295, in _handleSignals
_SignalReactorMixin._handleSignals(self)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/indilinq.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/twisted/internet/base.py", line 1156, in _handleSignals
signal.signal(signal.SIGTERM, self.sigTerm)
exceptions.ValueError: signal only works in main thread

CliveS

CliveS