Security Camera Plugin

Posted on
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:12 pm
bkmar1192 offline

Re: Security Camera Plugin

Yes, that is the "recording." Recording is just a series if images that the plugin loops through. If you run play action on that recording it should stop throwing errors.

I am busy working on some error checking to avoid that issue. However, I have some other enhancements I am working on as well so the next release is not quite ready yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:33 am
johnpolasek offline

Speaking of error handling and in regards to the discussion in control panel:

http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=18462

When I created the small 135x96 thumbnail devices, I initially tried to simply duplicate the 1024x768 devices I already had in place and just change the image size in the copy, but the duplicates never created a directory for the new devices, so I did have actually do a New Device in order to accomplish that. Also, I am currently going back to the camera URL as the data source, Would it be better to go to the 1024x768 device's CurrentImage file instead, or is there too much of a chance of having that error out if the 1024 image is still being converted when the 135 camera attempts to access the file? Or is the OriginalImage file always in place?

Posted on
Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:43 am
bkmar1192 offline

Not sure why the duplicate didn't work. It checks for the folder every time the device starts so maybe the device startup doesn't run the same when you copy it. Might have worked to restart the plugin to force the device to fully restart.

First to answer your question, when it grabs the image it saves to a temp file then when done it copies to the OriginalImage file. The local file copy is much faster so it avoids a file not found while it is downloading from the camera. So you could point to the original file.

That said, I am finishing up an update that handles the lower res image within the plugin. There will be new Master Image that will have a toggle to switch between a high res and low res version of the image.

I was hoping to have it out earlier this week but life has gotten in the way... :)

Some of the other features: pause/frame forward and back on recordings, manual advance carousel, a low res carousel, and a few bug fixes.

Posted on
Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:07 pm
Different Computers offline

The SC plugin helps protect from this by not making it necessary to port forward the cameras affected, but it's still alarming. Especially as I own 3 of Foscam!

https://arstechnica.com/security/2017/0 ... -controls/

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:39 pm

So another thing.

I think I get what minimum sensitivity is. A threshold below which motion is not detected.

But what is maximum for? Not sensing motion if someone shines a flashlight into the camera?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:46 pm
bkmar1192 offline

Really just there to fine tune to your needs.

There are times when either a) the camera glitches the image b) the image doesn't fully load. In those situations you have a very high number of pixels change. The max setting is to remove some of these false positives.

I've also had spider webs in front of camera - which look really big when they right on the lens. Add a bit of wind and I was getting a bunch of false positives.

Posted on
Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:37 am
bkmar1192 offline

1.6 - Bandwidth Release

Snapshots:
- Ability to specify the resolution of images when using the snapshot action
Master Image:
- New Master Image that can toggle between high and low resolution.
Carousel:
- Low resolution carousel.
- Pause camera loop
- Manual forward camera loop
Recordings
- Play/Pause Recording
- Forward/backward frames in recordings
- Flag to show if a recording has been played before
Bug fix
- Fixed issue when trying to play a recording and the recording does not exist

Posted on
Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:09 am

Just installed 1.6.

Code: Select all
   Upgrading plugin Security Camera to newer version 1.6 (previous version moved to trash)
   Loading plugin "Security Camera 1.6"
   Starting plugin "Security Camera 1.6" (pid 8721)
   Started plugin "Security Camera 1.6"
   Security Camera                 Checking for update
   Security Camera                 Running the current version of Security Camera
   Security Camera Error           Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 605, in runConcurrentThread
KeyError: 'key RecordingPause not found in dict'

Security Camera Error           plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

and repeat.

Posted on
Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:22 am
bkmar1192 offline

Open and save the plugin.

Posted on
Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:43 am

Looks like that did it! Thanks.

Posted on
Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:05 am

Has the way the Carousel Image works changed in 1.6?

I'm not getting rotating images any more. I'm watching the plugin do its thing, and the camera images are updating, the Carousel image is updating, but it stays on one camera. I've tried reloading the plugin.

Posted on
Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:44 am
bkmar1192 offline

Another item to add to the bug list :)

There is a new action that allows you to pause the loop and you can loop through manually. I neglected to set the default to run the loop. If you run the action it should start the loop again.

Posted on
Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:26 pm

OK, cool feature I haven't started messing with.

But when I try to create a Toggle Carousel action, it makes me select a camera. Will any camera do? Say I'm stopped on Cam 4, and want the carousel to start again, but the action is Toggle Carousel on Cam FrontYard.

Edit: Looks like the answer is no. So maybe you and I are using the Carousel differently. I think of the carousel as a rotation of all cameras and regularly have it up as the primary display of my cams. Am I doing something you didn't anticipate? Because whether or not the images rotate seems like sort of a global Security Camera status, not something per camera.

Edit 2: maybe snapshots aren't working any more either.

Posted on
Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:37 pm
bkmar1192 offline

Shouldn't matter which camera you select - I'll remove that. Toggling Carousel stop on the current image, Toggle Carousel Loop will stop at the current camera but continue updating the image. Next Carousel Camera will advance to the next camera.

Snapshot will now allow you to select different resolutions. If you have actions that use the snapshot action you may need to go in and specify the resolution.

Posted on
Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:37 am
johnpolasek offline

bkmar1192 wrote:
Really just there to fine tune to your needs.

I've also had spider webs in front of camera - which look really big when they right on the lens. Add a bit of wind and I was getting a bunch of false positives.

And I have mud swallows who like to cruise by with great irregularity and tree branches that the wind blows... which is why I use other triggers (motion sensors, door open switches, and the drive way alert to signal my recordings rather than counting on motion triggers.