Security Camera Plugin

Posted on
Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:29 pm
bkmar1192 offline

Re: Security Camera Plugin

Thanks this is very helpful.

As an FYI - there is an on/off and toggle action that you can apply to each camera. Don't worry about it now what you sent will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:41 pm
bkmar1192 offline

Different Computers wrote:
Can you turn off all but one camera and then turn on logging for a bit and send time the output?

Also, try turning on one camera at a time to see if it is an issue with a specific camera.

Can you send a list of the files created in the base folder. I want to make sure it is creating all of the needed files correctly.

I'm beginning the process of doing all this. But as to line 2 & 3: how would this affect the creation of Master1/2/3 and as I mentioned already, there are no Master 1/2/3 files in the video folder.

List of the video folder:
Code: Select all
Archive (folder) (this is empty. I have no archive actions)
Cam Breezeway (folder)
    CurrentImage.jpg
    20-some constantly changing images from the appropriate  cam
    NotActive.jpg
   OrigImage.jpg
Cam C2 (Folder)
    contents as for the Cam Breezeway folder
Cam Cherry (folder)
Cam FrontYard (Folder)
CarouselImage.jpg

And finally, by "turn off" do you mean disable Indigo communication? Because I don't see any other way to do something like that short of deleting the camera.

In response to your question about line 2 and 3.

Line 2 - it is possible, although not likely, that one camera is erring out when it attempts to create the master image which is impacting the ability for the other cameras to do the same. Turning the camera off uses a standard saved file to show "offline" which would illuminate any file copying issues

Line 3 - the program uses different files for copying versus displaying to try and reduce the image not found error. Just want to make sure all of the required files are being created correctly.

Posted on
Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:08 pm
bkmar1192 offline

OK - I have an idea of what might be happening. I'll need to make an update to fix the issue but here is a possible work around:

1) Create an Action group that does the following:
a) Runs the Record Camera action of one of your cameras( doesn't matter which one)
b) Runs the Play action, use the camera you selected from above, and select Video 1 as the recording to play
2) Run the action group

I think that will set the recording to play for the master image and will allow the code to run without error.

Posted on
Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:44 pm
Different Computers offline

Created this group and it ran without error.

But I hadn't put the recording on any control page, and I've actually only been using the plugin for live monitoring, so I don't know what it's supposed to do. Did a video window just open on my remote server?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:21 pm
bkmar1192 offline

No - all it does is switch what the Master 2 image is showing. Check you master images now - I think they should be generating correctly.

Posted on
Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:48 pm

Ok, some success! running that did in fact generate new, working Master 1/2/3.jpg files.

But here's the new wrinkle: Master2.jpg seems to stick to 1 camera no matter what.

Master 1 and Master3 are exactly the same, apparently all the time. Generating a motion situation on another camera doesn't cause any switch.

Somehow I think I may not be using some of this plugin right. Is there a guide?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:54 pm

And yet another wrinkle: the camera carousel option is now stuck with the images that were saved when I first ran that command.

And never mind. In testing recording, I managed to turn off all the cameras.

I don't see how to STOP recording. Just start it.
Last edited by Different Computers on Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:38 pm
bkmar1192 offline

Here is the link to the documentation.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:31 am

I think I'm finally getting my head around how master camera actions work in relation to the 3 master.jpg files.

So now a new issue makes itself evident: even when I set a camera's motion sensitivity to .001, and when I see the pixel difference for the device jump as high as 77+, the camera never flips over to Motion Detected=true.

What sort of values should I be looking for to figure out why this isn't happening? It looks like even though pixeldiff is getting large, FramesDiff never goes above 1, and goes above 0 only rarely.

I'm not in raw image mode.

Posted on
Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:05 am
bkmar1192 offline

Be sure you are setting both the minimum and maximum sensitivity. my front door camera has a minimum sensitivity of 10 and a max of 40. This will capture a car or person entering my driveway but not a car driving past. Setting max to 40 eliminates of odd periodic blank or half blank image produced by my cameras.

You can set this to 0/100 to capture all changes. I'd only do this for testing.

Another thing to check is the number of frames in a row. You can set this to 1 for testing purposes. This determines how many frames in a row have to be within the min/max range before it triggers motion.

Posted on
Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:48 pm

I'd like to take a moment to thank @bkmar1102 for this plugin. I've now turned off Evocam completely, and really, I'm doing everything that I could think of that SecuritySpy would have. It's definitely the most processor intensive thing on my Indigo Mac, but then, it's doing a LOT of image manipulation and analysis all the time.

I still have a few oddities happening with motion detection and with the carousel seeming to prefer some cameras over others as it rotates, but these are tiny issues compared to the reliable image serving I've got happening 24/7 now.

Thanks!

And here's a kudo link: viewtopic.php?f=133&t=18150

Posted on
Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:51 pm
bkmar1192 offline

Re: Security Camera Plugin - version 1.5.2

Version 1.5.2 Released - See announcements for details

Changes on how images are processed:
- Option to specify the JPG compression (original, high, medium, low)
- Sizing of the image keeps the original aspect ratio versus scaling. Black bars will show either above/below or left/right of the original image

File type camera:
- Ability to pull an image from a local file

Misc Changes:
- Select to use urlib or urlib2 for image capture
- Simplified some of the configuration setup

Posted on
Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:02 am

What's the number that SC puts on the bottom right of each processed image? I'm guessing it's the motion detection value.

Posted on
Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:16 am
whmoorejr offline

"Read Me" request. Could you consider updating the plugin's read me file to include configuration options...

Some folks may not want to take full advantage of the plugin for various reasons... it's a process achieved elsewhere or system resource considerations.....

This could include, for example, the advantages / disadvantages of different image manipulation settings.... better quality, but more system resource intensive, etc.

Recording versus not recording...
viewing only verses motion triggering...

I plan to jump into the plugin completely next week to fully test it with my setup but my concern is always with over tasking the computer that is my automation server, PLEX, iTunes, iPhoto, Shared document server and now security cameras. Most of my current "motion" is triggered via motion detectors within proximity to my cameras (minimal system impact over video motion detection).... just to explain my hesitancy to incorporate VMD.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:08 pm
bkmar1192 offline

I'll work in updates to the readme file over the next few days.

Some general performance info: I have 8 cameras all doing motion detection and recording and the plugin runs at about 40 CPU cycles.

Recording has very little impact on CPU - it is just copying a series of photos into a directory.

I don't have the exact numbers in front of me but motion detection also has a minimal impact.

What I have seen have the most impact on CPU is the dimensions of the final saved file. The plugin creates several copies of the image and the smaller the image the less the computer has to work.

I'll do some more specific performance testing this weekend and post results.

Page 8 of 13 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13