Security Camera Plugin

Posted on
Sat May 20, 2017 8:16 pm
kelmk offline

Re: Security Camera Plugin

How do I get this sucker to stop grabbing images constantly? I just want to grab a snapshot when motion is detected.
Thanks

Posted on
Wed May 24, 2017 8:48 am
bkmar1192 offline

kelmk wrote:
How do I get this sucker to stop grabbing images constantly? I just want to grab a snapshot when motion is detected.
Thanks

There is not currently a feature to do this. I'll add it to my backlog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed May 24, 2017 12:08 pm
kelmk offline

No worries. I ended up using Ffmpeg to grab a frame of the rtsp stream.

Posted on
Fri May 26, 2017 6:26 pm
bkmar1192 offline

So was thinking more about this and you could set up a camera, use the Disable action to stop the automatic image capture, then use the take snapshot action to take your snapshots.

Posted on
Mon May 29, 2017 6:51 am
Different Computers offline

bkmar1192 wrote:
my front door camera has a minimum sensitivity of 10 and a max of 40

Do you mean ten and forty, or point one and point 4? Because a newly set up camera has default values that I think are 0.01 and 0.25.

Do these values vary tremendously from camera to camera? Just trying to understand the value range I should experiment to get reasonable motion detection.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon May 29, 2017 11:38 am
bkmar1192 offline

Default was from an earlier version when the value was calculated differently. I'll add to the list of bug fixes. The min/max corresponds to the Pixel Diff and is a percent of pixels different. I use 10/40 because a car passing by is about 5-8% and sometimes the image doesn't fully load so 50%+ of it is black (different).

I usually take my laptop out and just monitor the Pixel Diff state as I walk around and see how it changes.

Posted on
Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:22 am
johnpolasek offline

Feature request:

"Single Step playback"...

When I thought about trying to use "play" on the Master3 image rather than copying every third image of a recording into my own directory and then displaying that as a 9 pane mosaic, I realized that over a satellite Prism connection, it takes about 5 seconds to paint even a small image, meaning I'm going to be missing a lot of frames if I just call for a playback and displaying the Master3.jpg no matt3er what I set for an update rate. So an option to advance (and maybe reverse) the image manually would let me scroll through them at leisure without creating my own 9 image mosaic as I am doing now.

Posted on
Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:37 am
bkmar1192 offline

Would you want to forward/reverse on recordings only or on the live feed as well? There would also need a pause action.

Posted on
Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:54 am
johnpolasek offline

Selfishly, *I* would only be using it on the recordings, but I can't speak for how others might want to use it. I haven't tried the "current image" option because (as I said, the sat uplink is slow as Tony Romo, which was why I created the static nine panel control page for whenever the driveway sensor trips. But being able to walk the recording would be far better and mean I could get rid of all the kludgey scripts I have to figure out your directory and img_ names to copy to my directory for display... But it seems that letting the current image get out of sync with real time might present a whole lot of problems for getting it back into sync later...

EDIT

Another place that would benefit would be to have an option to manually advance the carousel...When I played with it last night and this morning it works perfectly on the local WIFI network, but skips cameras remotely here at the office because of the time required to serve each image. If it just grabbed a single frame from each next camera in the queue on manual command and left it up till the next "advance" command, it would work a lot better for slow connections, Please remember that not all of us live in gigabit cities with universal LTE coverage; when you've got to deal with Hughesnet and 3G, things happen a lot slower.

Posted on
Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:03 pm

I don't understand why I keep seeing this error over and over:
Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 743, in MasterCamera
  File "plugin.py", line 380, in MasterImage
  File "plugin.py", line 45, in getSortedDir
OSError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoWebServer/video/Cam Breezeway/03 03 2017 17.39.20')
I mean, I get that the directory doesn't exist, but I don't understand why the plugin wants this particular directory, and why it isn't there, and why it doesn't add it if it has to have it.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:52 am
bkmar1192 offline

johnpolasek wrote:
Selfishly, *I* would only be using it on the recordings, but I can't speak for how others might want to use it. I haven't tried the "current image" option because (as I said, the sat uplink is slow as Tony Romo, which was why I created the static nine panel control page for whenever the driveway sensor trips. But being able to walk the recording would be far better and mean I could get rid of all the kludgey scripts I have to figure out your directory and img_ names to copy to my directory for display... But it seems that letting the current image get out of sync with real time might present a whole lot of problems for getting it back into sync later...

EDIT

Another place that would benefit would be to have an option to manually advance the carousel...When I played with it last night and this morning it works perfectly on the local WIFI network, but skips cameras remotely here at the office because of the time required to serve each image. If it just grabbed a single frame from each next camera in the queue on manual command and left it up till the next "advance" command, it would work a lot better for slow connections, Please remember that not all of us live in gigabit cities with universal LTE coverage; when you've got to deal with Hughesnet and 3G, things happen a lot slower.

Working on a new release that includes the above. Hopefully will have it out this evening.

Posted on
Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:58 am
bkmar1192 offline

Different Computers wrote:
I don't understand why I keep seeing this error over and over:
Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 743, in MasterCamera
  File "plugin.py", line 380, in MasterImage
  File "plugin.py", line 45, in getSortedDir
OSError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoWebServer/video/Cam Breezeway/03 03 2017 17.39.20')
I mean, I get that the directory doesn't exist, but I don't understand why the plugin wants this particular directory, and why it isn't there, and why it doesn't add it if it has to have it.

The plugin "builds" all of the Master images if you are using it or not. The plugin is set to display a recording that does not exist. If you switch to a different recording it should cause the error to go away.

I am working on anew release and will add some error checking on playing recordings.

Posted on
Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:34 am

The plugin is set to display a recording that does not exist

As far as I know, I don't have any recordings AT ALL. Could this be a snapshot? How could I make this stop? It seems to trigger when motion is detected.

Posted on
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:56 am
bkmar1192 offline

Workaround until I get home tonight and update the plugin, is to create a recording on your breezeway camera. Then run the action to play a recording and run recording #1.

Posted on
Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:56 pm

Triggered Breezeway recording, then stopped it.

I see a created folder named 06 07 2017 17.54.04 now, with stills in it.

Is that supposed to be the recording? I have never messed with recording before.