Enphase Envoy-S Solar Power Plugin (with Panel Monitoring)

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:39 pm
vic13 offline

Re: Enphase Envoy-S Solar Power Plugin (with Panel Monitorin

For the old Envoy system, the default username and password are unfortunately both "admin".

However, it doesn't seem as though the Envoy and Envoy-S have the same capabilities. I tried hardcoding the login to "admin", and it still says that the device is offline.

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:45 pm
GlennNZ offline

vic13 wrote:
For the old Envoy system, the default username and password are unfortunately both "admin".

However, it doesn't seem as though the Envoy and Envoy-S have the same capabilities. I tried hardcoding the login to "admin", and it still says that the device is offline.

Yep (unfortunately). You can't get the production.json detailed info (net consumption the most useful for trigger power usage)
But seems like you can get panel from /inventory one above - provided you can find the password for this older envoy.

I'll have a look at a new device type (Envoy Legacy) to pull the basic info and if can find the password (will be the same for all devices) then the panels as well

Glenn

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:54 pm
vic13 offline

GlennNZ wrote:
vic13 wrote:

Yep (unfortunately). You can't get the production.json detailed info (net consumption the most useful for trigger power usage)
But seems like you can get panel from /inventory one above - provided you can find the password for this older envoy.

I'll have a look at a new device type (Envoy Legacy) to pull the basic info and if can find the password (will be the same for all devices) then the panels as well

Glenn

The password is also "admin". It's not secure butbI'm not sure if changing it will have any adverse effects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:57 pm
GlennNZ offline

vic13 wrote:
GlennNZ wrote:
vic13 wrote:

Glenn

The password is also "admin". It's not secure butbI'm not sure if changing it will have any adverse effects.

You sure?

What is the output when you put the ../production/inverters into a browser as above
?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:15 pm
vic13 offline

That page doesn't work. It returns ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. The../production page has a table with production for current, today, pas week, and since installation

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:18 pm
GlennNZ offline

vic13 wrote:
That page doesn't work. It returns ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. The../production page has a table with production for current, today, pas week, and since installation

Well you must have a different one?

You have tried:

http://ip/production.json
&
http://ip/backbone/application.js?version=04.02.43
&
http://ip/inventory.json

?

Glenn

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:26 pm
vic13 offline

The json pages give a page not found error, and the application.js give something like the following. The Envoy software version is R3.12.34 (2e8bfe). I'm guessing all the new features aren't supported.

/*!
* @license Backbone-Envoy 2.1.8 (2015-04-15)
* (c) 2011-2015 Enphase Energy Inc.
*/
;
/*!
* jQuery JavaScript Library v1.10.2
* http://jquery.com/
* Includes Sizzle.js
* http://sizzlejs.com/
* Copyright 2005, 2013 jQuery Foundation, Inc. and other contributors
* Released under the MIT license
* http://jquery.org/license
* Date: 2013-07-03T13:48Z
*/
(function(window,undefined){var readyList,rootjQuery,core_strundefined=typeof undefined,location=window.location,document=window.document,docElem=document.documentElement,_jQuery=window.jQuery,_$=window.$,class2type={},core_deletedIds=[],core_version="1.10.2",core_concat=core_deletedIds.concat,core_push=core_deletedIds.push,core_slice=core_deletedIds.slice,core_indexOf=core_deletedIds.indexOf,core_toString=class2type.toString,core_hasOwn=class2type.hasOwnProperty,core_trim=core_version.trim,jQuery=function(selector,context){return new jQuery.fn.init(selector,context,rootjQuery)},core_pnum=/[+-]?(?:\d*\.|)\d+(?:[eE][+-]?\d+|)/.source,core_rnotwhite=/\S+/g,rtrim=/^[\s\uFEFF\xA0]+|[

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:27 pm
GlennNZ offline

Can you attach all that output - the pages are in there and I'm getting good at looking..

Zip it - rename to .txt and attach

Thanks

Meanwhile I'm adding a Envoy Legacy device (well I have already) just fiddling with logic of two main devices.

If you download this Beta 0.1.0 Version
It Has a Envoy Legacy Device:
Create one - and will pull data:
(Hopefully we can figure out panel data for these models and will add that later)

https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoEnphas ... master.zip

Glenn

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:44 pm
GlennNZ offline

See above - for Version with some support.

Thanks for the pages of JavaScript! :shock:

Yours does seem to have:
IP/api/v1/production/inverters

IP/inv

IP/api/v1/production <--- Which we know and works

Try the inverters page again - Bollar above presumably has the same one - (checking now.. yours is actually version 2.1.8 and his 2.1.12)
Typically with that page - it needs a password which is not the standard admin or indeed anything standard. The new model is envoy and the last 6 digits of the serial number - hence the plugin needs the serial number to access.

Glenn

Posted on
Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:12 am
GlennNZ offline

A internet search suggest this might be part of the answer for password for legacy Envoy
https://thecomputerperson.wordpress.com ... mment-1466

GET /api/v1/production/inverters HTTP/1.1
Host: 10.0.0.177
Connection: keep-alive
Authorization: Digest username="installer", realm="enphaseenergy.com", nonce="XXXXXXXXXX", uri="/api/v1/production/inverters", response="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX", qop=auth, nc=00000014, cnonce="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

Good luck!

Thanks

Glenn

Posted on
Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:22 pm
lindauer offline

Hi Glenn, I am having problems with the plugin device being offline.

Thank you creating this plugin. The plugin is communicating with my Envoy-s I can see it in the logs. However the Envoy device in the device list shows "offline". If I check one of the varible it also shows "offline". I am getting a index out of range error in the debug logs in red. My Indigo is running v7 on a 10.10.5 on a Mac mini.

I am attaching logs:

Enphase Envoy Plugin Debug MainLoop: Envoy:
Enphase Envoy Plugin Debug Found configured device: Envoy
Enphase Envoy Plugin Debug Envoy is enabled.
Enphase Envoy Plugin Debug Envoy: Time Since Device Update = 61
Enphase Envoy Plugin Debug Online: Refreshing device: Envoy
Enphase Envoy Plugin Debug getTheData PRODUCTION METHOD method called.
Enphase Envoy Plugin Debug Result:{u'production': [{u'activeCount': 32, u'wNow': 303, u'readingTime': 1484494980, u'type': u'inverters', u'whLifetime': 1799748.9794444444}, {u'whToday': 137.262, u'pwrFactor': 0.53, u'readingTime': 1484494980, u'activeCount': 1, u'rmsVoltage': 248.215, u'reactPwr': 490.766, u'whLifetime': 1321326.262, u'apprntPwr': 596.966, u'wNow': 316.044, u'type': u'eim', u'whLastSevenDays': 116064.262, u'rmsCurrent': 4.81}], u'consumption': [{u'varhLagLifetime': 913691.045, u'rmsVoltage': 248.132, u'pwrFactor': 0.35, u'whToday': 6075.567, u'vahToday': 8331.054, u'varhLeadLifetime': 912659.572, u'varhLeadToday': 4580.572, u'readingTime': 1484494980, u'activeCount': 1, u'varhLagToday': 4093.045, u'vahLifetime': 2530344.054, u'reactPwr': 402.82, u'whLifetime': 1756854.567, u'apprntPwr': 3780.981, u'wNow': 1337.481, u'type': u'eim', u'whLastSevenDays': 161357.567, u'rmsCurrent': 15.238}]}
Enphase Envoy Plugin Debug Saving Values method called.
Enphase Envoy Plugin Error Saving Values errors:list index out of range
Enphase Envoy Plugin Debug check thepanels called

Thanks
Mark

Posted on
Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:21 pm
GlennNZ offline

Thanks for the feedback

Working on a fix.

It seems your Envoy (?Model) doesn't report the same information as mine. In particular it appears netConsumption isn't reported and you also have no storage reports interestingly enough.

Given the online updating I find this strange as would think they all should be on same version.

Will add quite a few more checks to the data received and post a update on github later today.

Glenn

Posted on
Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:43 pm
lindauer offline

Great,

FYI if it helps: According to the info I found on the web site the model is "800-00547-r05 (Envoy-S-Metered-NA)". This system went into service Nov16.

Thanks
Mark

Posted on
Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:01 pm
GlennNZ offline

lindauer wrote:
Great,

FYI if it helps: According to the info I found on the web site the model is "800-00547-r05 (Envoy-S-Metered-NA)". This system went into service Nov16.

Thanks
Mark

It may be that I'm reporting across 3-phase:

If you are still there - Can you try putting in webbrowser and posting output.
http://IPENVOY /production.json
&
http://IPENVOY /production.json?details=1

and post the reply or PM if prefer (shouldn't be any identifiable data)

Thanks

Glenn

Posted on
Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:49 pm
GlennNZ offline

Have posted 0.1.2 Update:
(on GitHub page)

Hopefully to address the different data structure that you have (and have found others)
Should calculate netConsumption as not given (my version reports two consumption data total and then net)

Very hard to test without your Envoy - post any issues and will fix asap

Glenn