Enphase Envoy-S Solar Power Plugin (with Panel Monitoring)

Posted on
Wed May 03, 2017 8:01 pm
shmigator offline

Re: Enphase Envoy-S Solar Power Plugin (with Panel Monitorin

The plugins log settings are set to high. I restarted Indigo and ran it for a bit, but log looks the same.

Posted on
Thu May 04, 2017 12:16 am
GlennNZ offline

shmigator wrote:
The plugins log settings are set to high. I restarted Indigo and ran it for a bit, but log looks the same.

Ok- troubleshooting now.
Check - are you running 0.1.3?
Seems like you are running a really old version - given the logging.

Have checked - your version is logging things that shouldn't exist in version 0.1.3 and have checked github - the uptodate version is there.
Suspect you are running version 0.0.5 - which is the file library version.

See first page of thread:
Or here:
https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoEnphaseEnvoy/releases

Update - as per the thread - think that will fix issues.
Haven't ruled out a Indigo6 -> Indigo7 change - but let me know if still issues.

Glenn

Posted on
Thu May 04, 2017 8:10 am
shmigator offline

Yes !! not sure how I ended up on an older version,.
It all seems to be working now. Thank you.

Now to just figure out a cool way to show it on a control page ....
Attachments
enphaseProperties.png
Its Alive
enphaseProperties.png (87.71 KiB) Viewed 13096 times

Posted on
Thu May 04, 2017 7:37 pm
GlennNZ offline

shmigator wrote:
Now to just figure out a cool way to show it on a control page ....

Great to hear.

This is my control page - which also turns on/off pool heating depending on power production/usage.
(as essentially no point exporting power back to grid as no $)

Glenn
Attachments
Solar.jpg
Solar.jpg (186.31 KiB) Viewed 13070 times

Posted on
Fri May 05, 2017 9:26 pm
shmigator offline

That looks great.

I was thinking something similar but with colors kinda like a heat map.
Like the picture attached fore now, hoping I can figure something out with a much wider range of colors.

Panel+0.png
Minimal production
Panel+0.png (2.56 KiB) Viewed 13029 times

Panel+200.png
When producing High
Panel+200.png (2.98 KiB) Viewed 13029 times
Attachments
Legend.png
Legeng
Legend.png (9.7 KiB) Viewed 13029 times

Posted on
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:38 am
mclass offline

Great plugin thanks Glenn!

Just commissioned an 11 panel system and integrated with Indigo V7.1.1 using your plugin V0.1.6 which was quite straightforward. - thanks!!

However, having developed a control page for the system I am a bit puzzled by the results.

Referring to the attachment, I have displayed the output of each panel using the control panel custom state "Power Generated Watts" and the Envoy output using the "Power Production (watts)" custom states. You will note that the individual panel outputs reported by each of the IQ7 micro inverters do not sum to the production figure reported by the Envoy-S. The discrepancy seems higher than losses and metering errors that might occur.

On delving into the Custom States and other aspects of the plugin, there are also a few more queries:

- The Custom States listed for each of the panel devices do not correlate to the states presented when editing a control panel. Is this a plugin, Indigo or operator issue? For example, when designing the control panel I have selected the "Power Generated" device state although the Custom State on the panel device is "watts".

- The Custom States for the Envoy-S also do not correlate directly with the device states for the Envoy device on the control page. I am also a little confused by the states for daily figures. For example am I correct in assuming that the device states such as "Power Production Today (watts)" is actually in watthours and not watts?

- If I "Refresh Data Now" from the Plugin menu I get the following error for each panel device (just one is listed here, but all 11 panels generate the same error):
Code: Select all
Enphase Envoy Plugin            Error connecting to Device:Enphase SolarPanel 9Error is:key sourceXML not found in dict
   Error                           device "Enphase SolarPanel 9" state key powerStatus not defined (ignoring update request)

and need to reload the plugin to restore communications with the panels.

- If I check for plugin updates, I get the following error:
Code: Select all
 Enphase Envoy Plugin Error      Error in plugin execution MenuAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 208, in checkForUpdates
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EnphaseEnvoy.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 86, in checkForUpdate
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EnphaseEnvoy.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 178, in _prepareForUpdate
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EnphaseEnvoy.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 95, in getUpdate
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EnphaseEnvoy.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 120, in getLatestRelease
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EnphaseEnvoy.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 148, in _GET
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1053, in request
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1093, in _send_request
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1049, in endheaders
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 893, in _send_output
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 855, in send
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1274, in connect
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 352, in wrap_socket
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 579, in __init__
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 808, in do_handshake
SSLError: [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:590)

Any suggestions on one (or all!) of the issues raised above would be of great help!!

mclass
Attachments
Solar Control Page.jpg
Solar Control Page.jpg (171.2 KiB) Viewed 11766 times

Posted on
Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:28 am
GlennNZ offline

mclass wrote:
Great plugin thanks Glenn!
Just commissioned an 11 panel system and integrated with Indigo V7.1.1 using your plugin V0.1.6 which was quite straightforward. - thanks!!
mclass

Welcome!

Thanks for the feedback.

Working through your issues:
You will note that the individual panel outputs reported by each of the IQ7 micro inverters do not sum to the production figure reported by the Envoy-S. The discrepancy seems higher than losses and metering errors that might occur.

The panels can only be updated every 10 minutes or so, whereas the consumption/production is updated much more frequently (?60 seconds)
So there is often a difference depending on shading and what changes you might be experiencing in that time.
If you enabled debugging - you will see when the large panel data is pulled and can check then.
Should equal each other.

- The Custom States listed for each of the panel devices do not correlate to the states presented when editing a control panel. Is this a plugin, Indigo or operator issue? For example, when designing the control panel I have selected the "Power Generated" device state although the Custom State on the panel device is "watts".

By design.
Perhaps could be clearer.
But the control panel/trigger can have different longer explanations rather than just the states
But yes state watts = Power Generated

- If I "Refresh Data Now" from the Plugin menu I get the following error for each panel device (just one is listed here, but all 11 panels generate the same error):

Oops!
That is an error - which will get on and fix.
The update error is an known issue - have a fix which have added to other plugins and will add to enphase plugin as well.

Glenn

Posted on
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:16 am
GlennNZ offline

Below should fix those issues.
Plugin is probably due for a complete overhaul and bring up to Indigo 7 type logging... perhaps another day...

Let me know if any other issues/additions which would seem to make sense.

Cheers
Glenn

New Release

In Plugin Store and github.

https://www.indigodomo.com/pluginstore/105/

Fix for updating code. Add option to open Pluginstore
(checks against github releases)
Fix for Refresh Devices manually via menu
(Warning - cannot refresh envoy to frequently -- if hammer envoy will timeout and freeze; typically takes an hour or two to come back to life; worse case need to restart)

Add Last Communication state from Panel to Panel Device
(this is reported time by Panel to Envoy-S - not related to Plugin communication)
Can be used to check if micro-inverter issues

Posted on
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:43 am
mclass offline

Wow! That was quick, thanks.

I’m away from mr computer but will check ASAP.

Re the daily production, am I correct in assuming that this is watthr and not watts?

Thanks again!

mclass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:58 am
GlennNZ offline

mclass wrote:
Wow! That was quick, thanks.

I’m away from mr computer but will check ASAP.

Re the daily production, am I correct in assuming that this is watthr and not watts?

Thanks again!

mclass

No rush!

Yes I believe everything except immediate/Now usage is in watthours.

So today’s production, 7days production, today’s consumption , 7 days consumption in watt hours

Will update the trigger / control page descriptions next time

Glenn

Posted on
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:11 am
mclass offline

Thanks Glen! New version loaded & seems just fine.
And you’ve educated the Enphase Noobie as well

mclass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:16 am
mclass offline

Hi Glenn,

As per my previous post, your plugin and the control pages I have created are running well.

I am also running a Fronius system, that has the feature of being able to enter the "buy" electricity tariff and the export tariff, so you can report on the financial benefits of the pv system.

Have you/would you consider adding this feature to your Enphase plugin ie create a new custom state in $'s, based on tariffs entered in the Envoy device config menu?

Alternatively is there a simple way (other than writing a script) to perform arithmetic using Indigo custom device states and variables eg multiply the production today custom state from the Envoy by the tariff stored in a variable and place in another variable for display on a control page.

Thought I'd ask before applying my very limited Python skills to arrive at a more complex solution that might otherwise be more readily solved :roll:

Thanks!

mclass

Posted on
Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:25 am
GlennNZ offline

Okay.

Let me think on that one. Probably more complicated than first glance with different time of day (peak, off-peak, shoulder..) so probably needs to be calculated as happens which might be problematic/not sure have that data.

Also a few scripts I have turning pool heating/pump on/off depending on solar generation/exporting power. They work well. But would be a bit more accessible as a plugin device that might consider as well..

Glenn

Posted on
Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:36 am
mclass offline

Thanks!

My use case is relatively straightforward, as I don’t have a time of day tariff, but I understand that others may do.

Happy (and productive!) thinking :-)

mclass

Posted on
Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:31 am
GlennNZ offline

mclass wrote:
Thanks!

My use case is relatively straightforward, as I don’t have a time of day tariff, but I understand that others may do.

Happy (and productive!) thinking :-)

mclass

No problem.

Will probably add an separate enphase cost device and allow user definable variable for cost per kWh. Then this device can report $ and kWh for all states reported. Think todaykWh, 7dayskWh.

Anything more like time of use tariff, monthly, etc would require the plugin to constantly store the data and calculate this itself. Not impossible by any means but certainly adding a level of complexity that is probably outside day-day usage.

Glenn

Page 5 of 11 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11