BlueIris Indigo Plugin

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:06 pm
CliveS offline

Re: BlueIris Indigo Plugin

Just re-reading this thread from the start now that I have BI setup and running and got to the bit about triggers using either Basic or Digest Authentication.
I don't want to use curl so I I need Basic Authentication but where do I change this in Indigo and which of the two is best and will give less hassle in the future?

"For Indigo with Basic Authenication (not Indigo's default):"

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:14 pm
GlennNZ offline

BlueIris Indigo Plugin

CliveS wrote:
Just re-reading this thread from the start now that I have BI setup and running and got to the bit about triggers using either Basic or Digest Authentication.
I don't want to use curl so I I need Basic Authentication but where do I change this in Indigo and which of the two is best and will give less hassle in the future?

"For Indigo with Basic Authenication (not Indigo's default):"

To disable Digest/Enable Basic: See Here: DIscussion about pros/cons etc.
viewtopic.php?t=1590

It is more a failing of BI that it doesn't allow digest web authentication on these calls (it is fairly easy to do in c#).

[edit: had reports that the web alert basic setup is working in indigo - so would try that first - does have a test button to see. If working should have log entry that variable was changed; and device should alter to show motion)

It is possible Ken may add it at sometime in the future.

Glenn
Last edited by GlennNZ on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:16 pm
GlennNZ offline

Beta Version 0.5.0

For those keen to try/test have updated Plugin to allow creation of Animated Gifs. (Currently its a separate Branch DevImageIO - but will release Beta in releases tab soon)

This as above pictures enables per camera animated gifs to be sent - and then the plugin creates a animated gif of the recent events.
Essentially this is captured live - image at a time and then package/converted and sent. So if capturing 30 seconds of time - will take 30 seconds plus to send.
Hence best kept to 5-15 seconds or so. The options should be well commented. The images are in the same directory, but a new directory for each Camera is created.

The way I have done this is to use two external calls - one to build-in Sips app to convert jpg to Gif. The next is to package gifiscle within the plugin and this is called to create the Anims. Separate threads are created so there is no main-thread time impact for this.
There are no additional libraries required (I hope....)

Options:
These can then be sent via imsg very easily with the following Applescript action group.
Code: Select all
delay 5
tell application "Messages"
   set myid to get id of first service
   set theBuddy to buddy "toemailaddress" of service "E:fromemailaddress note the E:"
   send POSIX file "/Users/Username/Documents/Indigo-BlueIris/CameraNameShort/Animated.gif" to theBuddy
end tell

Would suggest this is best in a external script given the time to run aspects. Delay above depends on how long images are captured for.

To Do:
- Add action group to disable triggering overall/per camera; Add Custom Device State for Camera whether Plugin Triggering is enabled
This will be different to diabling/turning off motion at BI server end - will just effect whether the plugin runs triggers.
For example- home and don't want to get animgif's about motion; but still happy for BI to continue to record.

- Consider separate trigger post Animated gif creation - Avoid the need to add any delay to image sending.

Glenn

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:37 am
neilk offline

Glenn,
I just double checked as I didn't recall switching to basic authentication (if I had realised you could it would have made my DoorBird Integration at lot simpler). My motion triggers are working just fine without adding the configuration file/change to the webserver. I am fully up to date with BI versions on 4.6.9.4 x64 Not sure what else would be allowing this to work, other than perhaps digest has been added silently as the release notes are not the most comprehensive for BI.
Just about to try the beta for the animation now and will keep you posted, I plan trying it with pushover and a curl script I have working to send images (outside the plugin but trivial enough).
Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:49 am
GlennNZ offline

neilk wrote:
Glenn,
I just double checked as I didn't recall switching to basic authentication (if I had realised you could it would have made my DoorBird Integration at lot simpler). My motion triggers are working just fine without adding the configuration file/change to the webserver. I am fully up to date with BI versions on 4.6.9.4 x64 Not sure what else would be allowing this to work, other than perhaps digest has been added silently as the release notes are not the most comprehensive for BI.
Just about to try the beta for the animation now and will keep you posted, I plan trying it with pushover and a curl script I have working to send images (outside the plugin but trivial enough).
Thanks,
Neil

Thanks - that’s good news if others report the same. (the web alert obviously quicker & easier to set up). Still not sure the security implications of Basic - as it seems the reflector doesn’t count? So surely only matters if opened up server/port to internet?

Let me know how you go with the changes - have updated the branch with a few other non-released changes. Mainly additional of action groups to enable/disable Animated gif creation per camera, and a seperate overall ‘don’t run any triggers on this camera’. Mainly so can keep BI settings unchanged/recording etc. as needed, but turn off triggers or animated gifs as you want.

Let me know how you go as the more feedback the better

Glenn

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:55 am
neilk offline

Glenn,
The GIF creation worked first time, less successful was Pushover. I did a simple hardcoded script to push the animated gif and that worked fine, but the Pushover client doesn't show the GIF animation, just the first frame.

I then tried your AppleScript, and it worked perfectly (once I figured out how to create an AppleScript that is, the only wrinkle was I had to use my mobile number not email, but suspect that is because of the address book on my indigo mac )

On the authentication I don't think it is a huge issue as I use the reflector, I think it was a bigger issue for those that used port forwarding. Regardless now thinking about it we managed to get it working for Professor Falken without making the change as well (sometimes ignorance is bliss) so it does look like the latest versions of BI may have addressed this.

I will play more with the settings etc now. I also need now to better tune my triggers as I have just got a nice animation of the sun bouncing off the car. As I wasn't using the triggering up until now, false positives were better than missed activity

Thanks again for all of your work on this.

Neil

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:09 am
GlennNZ offline

BlueIris Indigo Plugin

neilk wrote:
Glenn,
The GIF creation worked first time, less successful was Pushover. I did a simple hardcoded script to push the animated gif and that worked fine, but the Pushover client doesn't show the GIF animation, just the first frame.

I then tried your AppleScript, and it worked perfectly (once I figured out how to create an AppleScript that is, the only wrinkle was I had to use my mobile number not email, but suspect that is because of the address book on my indigo mac )

On the authentication I don't think it is a huge issue as I use the reflector, I think it was a bigger issue for those that used port forwarding. Regardless now thinking about it we managed to get it working for Professor Falken without making the change as well (sometimes ignorance is bliss) so it does look like the latest versions of BI may have addressed this.

I will play more with the settings etc now. I also need now to better tune my triggers as I have just got a nice animation of the sun bouncing off the car. As I wasn't using the triggering up until now, false positives were better than missed activity

Thanks again for all of your work on this.

Neil

Fantastic to hear! Please keep testing. I had some feedback earlier via PM that Pushover doesn’t as yet support animated gifs (bug or some such; that may be addressed)

The latest version on github page/branch DevImageIO removes a few annoying log messages and a few minor bugs. Plus adds a PluginTriggerEnabled for each Camera (defaults to on) and a action event to change. Eg; can in bulk stop triggering on some cameras. And a Action to enable/disable Animated gif creation for selected cameras.

Seem to recall DaveL posted here somewhere about a test website for Authenication - I did register it as useful - will see if can find and test BI out via web alerts. ! Found viewtopic.php?f=108&t=19891

Glenn

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:58 am
Seeker offline

alerts are working perfectly and instantly once i followed the proper setup instructions.

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:15 pm
Professor Falken offline

I can not wait to try this out. Hopefully in the next day or two.

It has taken me this long to get a decent windows box, reestablish a (now purchased) BI instance, upgrade my router, figure out how to do a VPN/DDNS to safely use BI from afar, then fix all the home networking things I broke while completely overhauling our LAN (TIVOs sharing video over MOCA are particularly finicky when they start getting new IP addressees). I think I mostly have it back to copacetic now, so I should be able to get back to the IP cameras that started this whole thing Who knew this would be such a project?!?

Thanks again for working on this plugin, I am really looking forward to installing it.

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:09 pm
CliveS offline

Professor Falken wrote:
figure out how to do a VPN/DDNS to safely use BI from afar.

Look at Teamviewer, I am using it to control my BI box and Indigo in the Artic UK from sunny Perth in Oz on my MacBook, no VPN required, just use a strong username/password and set them both up for remote access via password. Works on Mac and Windows and is free for home use.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:57 pm
chase offline

Look at Teamviewer, I am using it to control my BI box and Indigo in the Artic UK from sunny Perth in Oz on my MacBook, no VPN required, just use a strong username/password and set them both up for remote access via password. Works on Mac and Windows and is free for home use.

I am NOT a fan of teamviewer . I think the simple (and controlled) solution is to vpn into your home network and use MS remote desktop to control your PC.

I use apple's screen sharing with my ubnt router's VPN as I am running a win10 VM for BI on my Mac Pro. Super reliable and does not count on a 3rd party screen sharing solution. But I use MS remote desktop on the Mac all day long for work (logging into remote PC's and RDP servers) and works awesome.

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:59 pm
Seeker offline

working great! but i need to think through how to handle outside floodlights being triggered by camera motion. it works, but when the floods turn off that also triggers the motion. they were stuck in an endless loop for a while!

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:33 pm
GlennNZ offline

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

The Animated Gifs - I thought were a bit gimmicky - but actually are much, much better than getting a static image (!) Quite liking them just need to sort out the amount!
Have a few additions coming - mainly an action group to create a AnimGif per camera - so can run this when needed; rather than having camera on all the time.

Also have been thinking about whole Digest/Basic Authentication issue and believe the simplest way forward is to include a httpserver in the plugin.

Relatively simple, can run in another thread and will use this for the BI triggers. This means will be same for all, will be quicker, future proof, remove using the variables (get rid of those logs messages). With this approach can also use the motion off/motion on from BI - leave the camera motion on until motion ends (rather than end after a certain period of time which is behaviour now)
Seems like the best way forward.

Glenn

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:16 am
GlennNZ offline

BlueIris Indigo Plugin

Another Beta 0.6.0

(last major change I promise; sorry if hassle from devices/triggers/actions...)

see here:
https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin ... ree/Server
&
https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin ... /releases/

GitHub Readme has been updated to reflect these new bits and pieces

Major changes

- Animated GIF support; working well ...
- Add action to create Gif per Camera(s) when run - can then be sent etc. as required; rather than generated with each trigger (although that is also possible with Camera Setting)
- Add PluginTriggeringEnabled setting for Cameras to True/False - if set to False with Action Camera will not trigger within Plugin.

Major change is plugin built in Http Threaded Server

In Plugin Config select port to use and then will start its own server on this port.
Will need to reconfigure BlueIris Server web requests/alerts to this server

Code: Select all
When Triggered
http://IndigoIP:4556/&CAM/&TYPE/&PROFILE/True
POST text: Indigo

Request again when trigger is reset
http://IndigoIP:4556/&CAM/&TYPE/&PROFILE/False
POST text: Indigo

see here:

This is more robust, avoids dependency on variables and the subscription to variable changes that was needed. I suspect overall is more light weight.
Allows triggering on start and stop motion (in future) also sends the reason for trigger e.g. external, test, audio etc..
And as a plus removes the Web Server log entries - which were harmless but a bit annoying.

Still testing currently... but so far so good, the more testing the better - thanks...But will likely merge with main branch and update release soon.

Glenn
Last edited by GlennNZ on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:17 am
rhanson offline

neilk wrote:
I did a simple hardcoded script to push the animated gif and that worked fine, but the Pushover client doesn't show the GIF animation, just the first frame.

I confirmed with the Pushover devs that indeed the phone apps display just the first frame, currently. The web client (which I'm sure no one uses), does render animations.

Since I'm impatient, I just ended up sending myself an MMS. But GlennNZ reported that iMessage works great, too, if you're on iOS.

GlennNZ -

Great stuff here. Thanks for doing the animations, they are indeed helpful!

Page 5 of 11 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11