Netatmo plugin discussion

Posted on
Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:14 am
autolog offline

Re: Netatmo plugin discussion

Anyone else getting read operation timed out errors when the plugin tries to connect too the Netatmo server?

Started at about 14:20 or there abouts (UK time)

Posted on
Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:27 am
autolog offline

Typical, as soon as I post the question, I check the Indigo log and it has now resolved itself :?

So it was out for about an hour.

Good news I guess :D

Posted on
Wed May 25, 2016 2:35 am
peteinau offline

Hi,

Would it be possible to get the forecast on the netatmo site in the plugin? I'd like to be able to do some notifications based on what the temperature is going to get down to over night and what the weather is like tomorrow.

Thanks,
Pete

Posted on
Wed May 25, 2016 3:02 am
jeremyjjr offline

Hi Pete,

Have you checked out the other available weather plugins that other users have contributed over the years? A number of these offer real time and forecast data - might be worth checking one of those out before building out this plugin further?

http://www.indigodomo.com/library/?keywords=weather

Jeremy.

Posted on
Mon May 30, 2016 10:33 am
MarkZ offline

Unauthorised Application Name

I've just tried to Create an App at Netatmo. https://dev.netatmo.com/dev/createanapp

Following the instructions and using:
Name: netatmoIndigo
Description Indigo Netatmo plugin

I click the "I accept Netatmo APIs Terms and Conditions" and press Create App and then receive an error message "Unauthorised Application Name - Please Check our developers guidelines for more info"

Any idea what might be happening here and what I need to do to create the app?

Cheers

Mark Z

Posted on
Mon May 30, 2016 10:46 am
berkinet offline

Re: Unauthorised Application Name

MarkZ wrote:
I've just tried to Create an App at Netatmo. https://dev.netatmo.com/dev/createanapp

Following the instructions and using:
Name: netatmoIndigo
Description Indigo Netatmo plugin

I click the "I accept Netatmo APIs Terms and Conditions" and press Create App and then receive an error message "Unauthorised Application Name - Please Check our developers guidelines for more info"

Any idea what might be happening here and what I need to do to create the app?

Cheers

Mark Z
I suspect they don't want you using their name, netatmo, in your application title. But, I have not checked the specifics.

Posted on
Mon May 30, 2016 11:47 am
autolog offline

I think all the App Names have to be unique as far as Netatmo are concerned and NetatmoIndigo is already in use - you could make it NetatmoMarkZ for example - I had to do something similar :)

Posted on
Tue May 31, 2016 4:51 pm
wiery offline

Running latest version of plugin but the battery value is the same for each of the modules, doesn't match up to estimated value from Netatmo site.

Posted on
Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:03 am
autolog offline

Just got myself a Netatmo Wind Gauge. :D

Would it be possible to be able to configure the Wind Gauge to measure in 'mph' rather than 'km/h'?
Being in the UK we still measure speed in Miles per Hour. :wink:

I like to measure my rain in 'mm' rather than 'inches' and my temperature in 'Centigrade' rather than 'Fahrenheit' which is why I can't alter the global plugin setting of 'Metric'.

Posted on
Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:18 am
autolog offline

wiery wrote:
Running latest version of plugin but the battery value is the same for each of the modules, doesn't match up to estimated value from Netatmo site.

I am running version v0.6.0 of the plugin.

My Netatmo Account (via the website) is showing this:
netatmo.png
netatmo.png (15.1 KiB) Viewed 4465 times

The status values from the plugin is showing:
  • Study
    • Battery Level: 77%
    • rf_status: 66
  • Ensuite
    • Battery Level: 75%
    • rf_status: 73
  • Master
    • Battery Level: 73%
    • rf_status: 74
  • Outdoor
    • Battery Level: 90%
    • rf_status: 86
  • Rain
    • Battery Level: 84%
    • rf_status: 73
  • Wind
    • Battery Level: 91%
    • rf_status: 71

So it seems to more-or-less agree (assuming a lower rf_status value is equal to a stronger signal) and the battery symbols taking a broad brush approach. :)

Posted on
Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:11 am
stoney offline

Plugin errors when starting

I just set up my Netatmo plugin v0..6.0, but it logs errors when it starts. From the debug log:

Netatmo Plugin Debug Entered: Funct runConcurrantThread
Netatmo Plugin Debug Entered: Funct readNetatmo
Netatmo Plugin Debug Found Netatmo device 'Outdoor Temps' (Outdoor) for station:Outdoor Temp
Netatmo Plugin Debug Added Netatmo device 'Outdoor Temps' to update list
Netatmo Plugin Debug DONE: got here wth netatmoDict:{u'Outdoor Temp': {u'Outdoor': <indigo.Device object at 0x69e91f0>}}
Netatmo Plugin Debug Queryng Netatmo station:Outdoor Temp
Netatmo Plugin Debug Received Netatmo station authorization:<lnetatmo.ClientAuth instance at 0x69ddcd8>
Netatmo Plugin Debug Received Netatmo station data:<lnetatmo.DeviceList instance at 0x6ac7fd0>
Netatmo Plugin TTL set to:3600 seconds
Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'items'
Netatmo Plugin Stopping Netatmo device read loop
Netatmo Plugin Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

I've created an app for it successfully and entered the Client ID and Secret. The module name matches the name on the Netatmo webpage.

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Thanks.

Posted on
Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:13 am
berkinet offline

Re: Plugin errors when starting

stoney wrote:
I just set up my Netatmo plugin v0..6.0, but it logs errors when it starts. From the debug log:

... ...Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Thanks.
Before going any further, please read through this thread and check similar posts to yours. The problem you are reporting is almost always caused by a configuration error. If you can't find the problem, post back.

Posted on
Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:26 am
Shutter offline

How is the wind gauge? I heard there was some inaccuracy with it's measurements depending on air temperature fluctuations.

Posted on
Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:49 am
mheathcote offline

Does anyone know if a plugin for the Netatmo Welcome camera is available, or being worked on? I've just installed one & would like to integrate it via their API.

I do have a coding background so if anyone has a basic framework to use their API with Indigodomo, I could have a go at creating something .....

My needs for now are pretty basic : I want to be able to trigger a snapshot upload from the camera (which is already configured to save directly to my Dropbox) when motion is detected from a third party device (I have that bit already - used to have a basic Foscom IP camera that took the photo for me, but it died on me, and I got a Welcome instead).

Thanks!

Posted on
Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:13 am
steveoidm offline

Just set this up and all seems ok other than this error in the log every 10 minutes. Is this a known issue?

device "Outdoor Netatmo" state key batteryLevel not defined (ignoring update request)

Page 15 of 26 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 26