Netatmo plugin discussion

Posted on
Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:51 pm
Albatros offline

Re: Netatmo plugin discussion

I have this error in the log since v6.0. I updated a few days ago.

Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = <urlopen error The read operation timed out>
Netatmo Plugin Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Some others have reported this as well. Is their a solution

Posted on
Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:10 am
berkinet offline

Albatros wrote:
I have this error in the log since v6.0. I updated a few days ago.

Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = <urlopen error The read operation timed out>
Netatmo Plugin Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Some others have reported this as well. Is their a solution

Did you mean v6 of Indigo? As far as I know there are no known bugs with this plugin. There are occasional timeouts caused by network issues. But, the plugin handles those. I'd suggest you double check the Indigo Netatmo devices and then, if you still have problems, delete the devices and the plugin and install again.

Posted on
Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:11 am
berkinet offline

steveoidm wrote:
Just set this up and all seems ok other than this error in the log every 10 minutes. Is this a known issue?

device "Outdoor Netatmo" state key batteryLevel not defined (ignoring update request)

Try deleting and re-adding your "Outdoor" Device in Indigo.

Posted on
Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:24 am
berkinet offline

mheathcote wrote:
Does anyone know if a plugin for the Netatmo Welcome camera is available, or being worked on? I've just installed one & would like to integrate it via their API.

I do have a coding background so if anyone has a basic framework to use their API with Indigodomo, I could have a go at creating something .....

My needs for now are pretty basic : I want to be able to trigger a snapshot upload from the camera (which is already configured to save directly to my Dropbox) when motion is detected from a third party device (I have that bit already - used to have a basic Foscom IP camera that took the photo for me, but it died on me, and I got a Welcome instead).

Thanks!

Unfortunately the camera API has little in common with the Weather Station. For the Weather Station, I used the Python code from @philippelt on the Netatmo forums. (See: https://github.com/philippelt/netatmo-api-python) Perhaps there is some similar work available for the camera, though I have not seen any mention of something like that. At the very least, you should be able to use the authentication code from @philippelt's work

Good Luck!

Posted on
Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:40 pm
MarcoGT offline

Does the plugin also work with the Netatmo thermostat?
I am thinking to buy it but I want to be sure, at least to set home/away mode.

Posted on
Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:31 pm
berkinet offline

MarcoGT wrote:
Does the plugin also work with the Netatmo thermostat?...

Unfortunately, no. The thermostat uses a completely different API

Posted on
Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:49 am
MarcoGT offline

Ok, thanks; but I can do it using IFTTT :mrgreen:

Posted on
Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:51 am
davinci offline

I am still getting the mentioned error:

Code: Select all

While the plugin recovers, this is probably an error that shouldn't show up in the log. Especially if you monitor your logs for serious errors.

Posted on
Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:15 am
berkinet offline

davinci wrote:
I am still getting the mentioned error:

Code: Select all
While the plugin recovers, this is probably an error that shouldn't show up in the log. Especially if you monitor your logs for serious errors.

This is caused by a failure to reach the Netatmo server -probably caused by a network problem. While annoying, the message is fundamental correct and does indicate a serious problem.

Posted on
Mon May 08, 2017 2:57 pm
itopota offline

Hello, i didn't find a valid link for download the plugin
Berkinet please can you help me?
Thankyou
Enrico

Posted on
Wed May 10, 2017 1:35 am
berkinet offline

itopota wrote:
Hello, i didn't find a valid link for download the plugin
Berkinet please can you help me?...

The link is now: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3q1C ... Hp6NDQ5Nmc

Sorry for the delay in posting this.

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 5:33 am
haakon offline

Hi, does the 10 minute update intervals mean that a Netatmo station with rain gauge is unable to trigger a rain alarm instantly?

I am looking for a weather station to help me control my awnings and sprinkler. To retract the awnings if there is rain, et cetera.

Haakon

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 12:36 pm
berkinet offline

haakon wrote:
Hi, does the 10 minute update intervals mean that a Netatmo station with rain gauge is unable to trigger a rain alarm instantly? ...

Unfortunately, I think you will need a local rain gauge of some type. The Netatmo service requires the information pass through their cloud and they only poll the local stations every 10 minutes.

You might try a rain detector like is used for an irrigation system. Here is an example from Amazon. But, even these will take some time to register the rainfall. Typically, they have a sponge inside and as the sponge gets wetter, it allows a current to flow. A real rain gauge, usually based on a tipping bucket, will cost more.

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 1:51 pm
Asconasny offline

if you want instant rain detection you could use something like this http://rainsensors.com together with a fibaro universal sensor, arduino or even a raspberry pi using Karls plugins.
a guy in norway have used it with great success. Link is in Norwegian but guess google translate would do its magic. https://www.hjemmeautomasjon.no/forside/guider/homeseer/lag-din-egen-regnsensor-r14/

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 2:25 pm
haakon offline

Thanks for those great suggestions! A rain sensor like that seems much better suited for things like awnings. Heading for Ebay ...

Page 16 of 26 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 26