Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:03 pm
gregjsmith offline

Re: Group Trigger plugin

It works. Thanks.

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:36 am
terrydew offline

Any plans to add non true/false states for variables?

Terry

"give a mouse a cookie and he is going to want a glass of milk" :D

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:48 am
berkinet offline

terrydew wrote:
Any plans to add non true/false states for variables?

Actually, I have already finished variable true/false support. I just haven't gotten around to posting it yet. :oops:

I have also been thinking about allowing the use of some numeric values (0 = False, non-0 = true) and text (on/off) to mimic Indigo. I'll see if I can get that done as well.

I'll try to get that done today and post a link here.

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:45 pm
berkinet offline

It was actually easier than I thought... A new Group Trigger Plugin beta, 0.9.11, is now available from dropbox.

The plugin now supports use of Indigo variables as trigger sources as long as the variable value conforms to the following (case is not significant):
    true or false
    non-0 or 0
    on or off
    yes or no
    closed or open

Note: a non-0 value must be a valid integer or floating point number. It may not contain any non-numeric characters. Also, variables will not appear in the trigger source selection menu unless they already have a valid value.
Last edited by berkinet on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:11 pm
terrydew offline

Actually I was thinking of a user defined number or text for the on and off values. After looking again, it would appear to be pretty complex to do on a variable by variable basis. I know not what I ask, but what about two (one for ON one for OFF) user defined values (either text or number) for all variables used in the group trigger. For example the user could define "closed" to be "true" and "open" to be false.

Just a thought. :D

Terry

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:21 pm
berkinet offline

terrydew wrote:
Actually I was thinking of a user defined number or text for the on and off values... ...For example the user could define "closed" to be "true" and "open" to be false.

That could be done. But, I am not sure of the value unless the process that created and maintained the variable's value could not be altered Can you provide a use case?

OTOH, adding closed and open makes sense, I just added that and updated beta 0.9.11.
closed = true
open = false

Thanks for the comment.

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:44 pm
berkinet offline

Must be @terrydew's lucky day, again. While I am not convinced custom true/false test values have all that much benefit, they sure can't hurt. So, without further ado, version 0.9.12 is now available on dropbox. See the first post in this topic for more information.

The option to set one pair of true/false values is now available in the plugin config. These values are global and will be available to any devices created with the plugin. If users find this feature valuable let me know. And, also let me know if there is a need for more custom values pairs.

I will also look into adding custom true/false value pairs on a device-by-device basis. But, that is a lot more complex because of the way the variable list is populated.
Last edited by berkinet on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:18 pm
terrydew offline

Downloaded using dropbox link but it was still version 0.9.11?

I was just thinking it would be more flexible. For example "active"/"passive" (securityspy) or "triggered"/"normal" (caddy). At the device level would provide the max flexibility. At the trigger level would require the group trigger to be composed of varibles of the same type i.e. all cameras or all security.

A use would be if any of my motion detectors fire while I am on vacation then do something. Or if any of my cameras go active.

I think this plugin is super and added a lot of capability to indigo.

Thanks for the quick response :)

Terry

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:29 pm
berkinet offline

DOH, I forgot to bump the version number. But, if you have the option for custom var values, it's .12.

I'll give some thought on how best to implement your other ideas.

Thanks.

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:36 pm
terrydew offline

Got it and it worked.

Thanks

Posted on
Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:50 am
bbruck offline

I've been playing with this trying to figure out a use case for it, and two things cross my mind.

First, I have areas of my house where there are multiple motion detectors, and this seems like a perfect situation. So if ANY of my basement motion detectors is activated and it's night time, then a light might come on. Is this the sort of situation you envisioned?

Second, I'm thinking of a simple "presence awareness" use. That is, if a basement motion detector is activated, then a variable can be set to true, which could then be displayed in a control page with a delay of - say - 5 minutes to reset to false. Then assuming the person's motion is detected again within that period, the variable stays true. I'm guessing this is what you were thinking of as a way to defeat the ademco motion detectors' on-then-instantly-off behavior. I'm having a little trouble with the "off after 5 minutes" logic however. What I want is this:

If none of the three motion detectors have detected motion in the last five minutes, set the variable BasementOccupied to False.

I'm guessing if we had an "ALL" condition for the trigger rather than an ANY condition, we could set the variable to False after a 5 minute delay, but that's the only simple way I can think of to do it. Thoughts?

BTW - buglet? When choosing Use Action in this Trigger, I still see Process Trigger Conditions? - shouldn't this latter be suppressed in this case as per the documentation or did I read it wrong?

Posted on
Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:38 am
berkinet offline

bbruck wrote:
...First, I have areas of my house where there are multiple motion detectors, and this seems like a perfect situation. So if ANY of my basement motion detectors is activated and it's night time, then a light might come on. Is this the sort of situation you envisioned?

Exactly.

bbruck also wrote:
...Second, I'm thinking of a simple "presence awareness" use... ...I'm having a little trouble with the "off after 5 minutes" logic however. What I want is this:

If none of the three motion detectors have detected motion in the last five minutes, set the variable BasementOccupied to False.

Unfortunately the Indigo Auto-off after in Actions is only applicable to Devices. But, you can actually take advantage of that to achieve your end. First, create a dummy device - Make it an X10 relay dev, like an appliance controller, using a house code and device number that is not used in your system. (That's easy if you don't use X10). Then have the group trigger turn that device on as its On Action, and select the On Action Auto-off after [ ] minutes option. (There is no Off Action). Now you can use the device in your control page for the occupancy display, or, if you need a variable set, create 2 triggers based on the state of the dummy device to set/reset a variable.

I have been considering creating an Auto-off option to the Group Trigger plugin and will probably go ahead and add that.

and bbruck also wrote:
BTW - buglet? When choosing Use Action in this Trigger, I still see Process Trigger Conditions? - shouldn't this latter be suppressed in this case as per the documentation or did I read it wrong?
Documentation error. I'll get that fixed. The option still applies even if the Action is contained in the Trigger.

Thanks for the comments.

Posted on
Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:22 am
berkinet offline

New bata with auto-Off now available

Beta 0.9.13 is now available on dropbox

This release contains a new Auto-Off feature. A timer will automatically execute an Action Group or Trigger Action after a user configured delay. There are two delay options. One is resettable, the timer is reset any time an On event is received. The other is fixed and the delay will start on the first On event, and will not be reset on additional On events.

See the first post in this topic for more information.

Release notes:
    v 0.9.13 Jan 17, 2012
  • Added resettable and fixed automatic off options.
  • Revised trigger config dialog for new auto-off functions

Posted on
Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:25 am
bbruck offline

Wow!!! You're the Man!!!

Posted on
Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:26 am
bbruck offline

How about another enhancement - have it totally control the new fanlinc?

(Seems like all someone has to do in your threads is wish for an ice cream cone or a 747 and one magically appears the next day, so I thought I'd just add that as a wish.)
:D