Phidgets Plugin Discussion

Posted on
Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:37 am
berkinet offline
User avatar
Posts: 2830
Joined: Nov 18, 2008
Location: Berkeley, CA, USA & Mougins, France

Re: 8/8/8 board error

Post moved to Phidgets discussion topic
Yves1922 wrote:
i just installed El Captain and now have a fidget error . might just be a coincidence ;-(
... ...
Phidgets Plugin Error interfaceKit: Wait for Attach time exceeded for device Phidget 1019 (Hub)
Phidgets Plugin Error interfaceKit: Will continue waiting for 15 minutes
Phidgets Plugin Error TempSensor: Wait for Attach time exceeded for device phidgets-Temperature
Phidgets Plugin Error TempSensor: Will continue waiting for 15 minutes

It looks like your 1019 InterfaceKit is not responding. Do you see it in the System Preferences>Phidgets control panel and do you have the Phidgets web service turned on?

Posted on
Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:59 pm
Yves1922 offline
Posts: 14
Joined: Oct 26, 2011
Location: Plaisance, Québec

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion

Yes the web service is running.
All sensors attached to the phidget does not work. The hub portion seems to be ok as I have a dSC board attach to it that works.

Posted on
Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:54 am
berkinet offline
User avatar
Posts: 2830
Joined: Nov 18, 2008
Location: Berkeley, CA, USA & Mougins, France

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion

Yves1922 wrote:
Yes the web service is running.
All sensors attached to the phidget does not work. The hub portion seems to be ok as I have a dSC board attach to it that works.

If you cannot see the analog inputs or the digital inputs and outputs in the Phifdgets preference pane, the problem is probably with your phidgets drivers. Try updating them.
( http://www.phidgets.com/docs/Software_O ... em_Support )

If you do see the inputs and outputs, then the problem lies elsewhere. Hard to say where though. I am on 10.11.5 with no problems.

Posted on
Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:30 pm
Wizard Sleeve offline
Posts: 15
Joined: Feb 11, 2008
Location: Berkshire, United Kingdom

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion

Hi does this support the 8 Channel Advanced servo controller (1061) can't seem to see it in the options for adding a device.

Thanks

Lee

Posted on
Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:52 pm
Yves1922 offline
Posts: 14
Joined: Oct 26, 2011
Location: Plaisance, Québec

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion

Berlinet,
I emailed phidget and this is what they told me... I guess I will have to wait for them to fix it :-(

"There are still some issues with El Capitan that have yet to be resolved. We have been looking into it but the issue appears to be with El Capitan's new USB stack so there isn't much we can actually do. We are looking for a work around but in the mean time I can only suggest that you revert to an older version of OS X."

Yves

Posted on
Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:45 am
berkinet offline
User avatar
Posts: 2830
Joined: Nov 18, 2008
Location: Berkeley, CA, USA & Mougins, France

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion

Yves1922 wrote:
Berkinet,
I emailed phidget and this is what they told me... I guess I will have to wait for them to fix it :-(

"There are still some issues with El Capitan that have yet to be resolved. We have been looking into it but the issue appears to be with El Capitan's new USB stack so there isn't much we can actually do. We are looking for a work around but in the mean time I can only suggest that you revert to an older version of OS X."

Yves
This problem does not affect Phidgets connected to a non-el-cappitan computer (Mac/Linux/Windows). If you have a Phidgets SBC, RaspberryPi, or some older non-10.11.x Mac load the phidgets libs and web-service on that platform and connect your Phidgets to that and you will be in good shape.

Posted on
Tue May 16, 2017 7:37 pm
madscientist offline
Posts: 69
Joined: Jan 05, 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion

What is the status of the Phidgets plugin? The link to the version 0.6.5 plugin is not working. Is there a newer version?

Posted on
Wed May 17, 2017 9:22 am
berkinet offline
User avatar
Posts: 2830
Joined: Nov 18, 2008
Location: Berkeley, CA, USA & Mougins, France

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion

madscientist wrote:
What is the status of the Phidgets plugin? The link to the version 0.6.5 plugin is not working. Is there a newer version?


The latest version of the Phidget plugin is now available on Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3q1C ... C1qRGtSU2M

Posted on
Wed May 17, 2017 9:44 am
madscientist offline
Posts: 69
Joined: Jan 05, 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion

Many thanks!

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:12 am
berkinet offline
User avatar
Posts: 2830
Joined: Nov 18, 2008
Location: Berkeley, CA, USA & Mougins, France

Important Notice

:arrow: This plugin only works with the Phidget version 2.1 libraries. DO NOT UPGRADE to the v2.2 libraries! Doing so will break the plugin.

The v2.2 libraries add support for a new range of Phidget devices. But, in doing so, the entire architecture of the API was changed. Supporting this new architecture is not trivial and it is unlikely I will be able to add 2.2 support before the end of 2017 - if at all.

Posted on
Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:39 pm
freshwuzhere offline
Posts: 80
Joined: Apr 05, 2012

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion

Question for Berkinet:

THANK YOU FOR THE AWESOME PLUGIN! I have one phidgets SBC and like it a lot with a relay and temperature sensor to open my skylights. A few issues with the wifi but GREAT when used wired.

My question is: - I need to buy a couple more phidget type devices for various applications. Is this still the correct technology to go with - or is Raspberry Pi or something else the way to go?

I like the sensors that are available with phidgets pre-matched and debugged - is the technology getting old?

Ian

Posted on
Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:30 am
berkinet offline
User avatar
Posts: 2830
Joined: Nov 18, 2008
Location: Berkeley, CA, USA & Mougins, France

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion

freshwuzhere wrote:
...My question is: - I need to buy a couple more phidget type devices for various applications. Is this still the correct technology to go with - or is Raspberry Pi or something else the way to go?

I like the sensors that are available with phidgets pre-matched and debugged - is the technology getting old?


Well, you actually asked 2 questions! v :wink:

1) You can use the RPi with Phidget boards and sensors. There are a couple of routes. First route: just install the Phidget libs (v2.1) and the Phidget web-service on the RPi and it will act like an SBC - expert, IMHO, it will be more reliable. Of course, you do lose the SBC web based management interface. But, depending on your unix capabilities, that may not be much of a loss. Second route: Use software like VirtualHere on the RPi to mount the USB Phidget on the Mac and then treat them locally on the Mac.

Most of the original Phidget sensors are still current and quite usable. They work, I se no reason to change. Also, I do not like wireless devices, just one more thing to go wrong. The new Phidgets VINT devices seem to add a lot of flexibility, but not necessarily any more power. Also, the plugin is not (yet) compatible with the VINT devices. If the original Phidget meet your needs, I'd stick with them. There is not really anything better out there, just mostly things that feature IOT integration -- and that is exactly what you have when you use Phidget with Indigo.

Posted on
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:38 pm
landry offline
Posts: 6
Joined: Jul 30, 2017

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion

Hello
i just received the sbc3 and got it up in running . i the installed the plug in and can only see sbc2 option in device set up. Will sbc3 be supported? The network settings are still using phidget 2.1.

Posted on
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:49 pm
BlaineM offline
Posts: 22
Joined: Jan 13, 2012

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion

landry wrote:
Hello
i just received the sbc3 and got it up in running . i the installed the plug in and can only see sbc2 option in device set up. Will sbc3 be supported? The network settings are still using phidget 2.1.

SBC2 is what you'll want to use. All of the same features as what's available on the SBC3.

Posted on
Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:53 pm
berkinet offline
User avatar
Posts: 2830
Joined: Nov 18, 2008
Location: Berkeley, CA, USA & Mougins, France

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion

BlaineM wrote:
...SBC2 is what you'll want to use. All of the same features as what's available on the SBC3.

Correct. The label SBC2 is just an alias for the 1018 InterfaceKit anyway. You could also use that. Also, if you actually attach other USB Phidgets to the SBC, you will need to define them using their Phidget model number and IP Address.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests