ad2usb plugin discussion

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:11 pm
wideglidejrp offline
User avatar
Posts: 385
Joined: Jan 15, 2012
Location: Danbury, CT

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

Just updated to the 1.5.5 plugin. I have been having a problem, see below, and hoped the update would fix it. It has not. Any suggestions?

Started plugin "AD2USB Alarm Interface 1.5.5"
AD2USB Alarm Interface Plugin setup completed. Ready to open link to the ad2usb in Basic mode.
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error startComm: Could not open connection to the IP Address and Port entered socket://192.168.86.75:10000
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error The error message was: Could not open port socket://192.168.86.75:10000: [Errno 65] No route to host
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error startComm: Failed connection to socket://192.168.86.75:10000. Will retry in 10 seconds

Posted on
Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:00 am
berkinet offline
User avatar
Posts: 2830
Joined: Nov 18, 2008
Location: Berkeley, CA, USA & Mougins, France

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

wideglidejrp wrote:
Just updated to the 1.5.5 plugin. I have been having a problem, see below, and hoped the update would fix it. It has not. Any suggestions?

Started plugin "AD2USB Alarm Interface 1.5.5"
... ...
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error startComm: Could not open connection to the IP Address and Port entered socket://192.168.86.75:10000
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error The error message was: Could not open port socket://192.168.86.75:10000: [Errno 65] No route to host
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error startComm: Failed connection to socket://192.168.86.75:10000. Will retry in 10 seconds
The error messages you posted indicate a communications problem between your Indigo machine and the AD2USB host - are they on different systems? To test, open a terminal window on the Indigo Mac and then try...
Code: Select all
telnet 192.168.86.75 10000
You should start seeing the raw output from the AD2USB, otherwise you should get an error message. If you cannot connect, I'd make sure everything is connected (Ethernet is always better than Wi-Fi) and that you have the right address and port entered.

Posted on
Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:11 am
wideglidejrp offline
User avatar
Posts: 385
Joined: Jan 15, 2012
Location: Danbury, CT

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

Hi. Thanks for responding. I believe it has been two years this week since we chatted about one of your other plugins. It seems my raspberry pi is comatose. The hub does not see it. I have a call into Sean at Nutech.

Posted on
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:56 am
scs offline
Posts: 18
Joined: Nov 28, 2014

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

I have questions about the sequence of events to use the Insteon open/close sensors on my garage doors to create a zone for my alarm

Config:
Mac Mini running Yosemite, Indigo 7.0 and AD2USB ver 1.5.5
AD2Pi device (latest) , LAN connection.
Ademco Vista 128BP , single partition, 9 zones

I've created the Alarm panel in the Indigo devices, and this is working OK , I can see state changes in the Indigo IOS app when zones are faulted.
I see where I can create either a
Alarm zone:
Zone group:
Indigo managed virtual zone:

but I don't know what the difference is between these 3 (please explain) , or how to add Insteon sensors so the zone has something to monitor.


Also getting a rash of this :
2017-07-20 10:50:48.768 AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error:7
2017-07-20 10:50:55.764 AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error:7
2017-07-20 10:51:02.844 AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error:7
2017-07-20 10:51:09.678 AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error:7
2017-07-20 10:51:16.677 AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error:7
2017-07-20 10:51:23.677 AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error:7
2017-07-20 10:51:30.573 AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error:7
2017-07-20 10:51:37.531 AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error:7
2017-07-20 10:51:44.385 AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error:7
2017-07-20 10:51:51.384 AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error:7
2017-07-20 10:51:58.344 AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error:7
2017-07-20 10:52:05.123 AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error:7
2017-07-20 10:52:12.375 AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error:7

Any help would be appreciated.
scs

Posted on
Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:37 am
berkinet offline
User avatar
Posts: 2830
Joined: Nov 18, 2008
Location: Berkeley, CA, USA & Mougins, France

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

scs wrote:
...I see where I can create either a
Alarm zone:
Zone group:
Indigo managed virtual zone:

but I don't know what the difference is between these 3 (please explain) , or how to add Insteon sensors so the zone has something to monitor.

...Also getting a rash of this :
2017-07-20 10:50:48.768 AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error:7

An alarm zone is an Indigo device that tracks a Zone already established in your alarm panel. It may be one or more sensors depending on how your panel was wired. This is the most common AD2* device and you will probably want to create one for each actual zone in your panel.
A zone group gives you the ability to create meta zones that will trigger based on any activity in the component zones. I don't find this all that useful, but some users really wanted it.
An Indigo managed virtual zone creates an alarm zone based on Indigo logic and device states. To create such a zone you would also need to program the panel and the AD2* device. For example, you could have a zone based on someone turning on the kitchen light.

The errors you are seeing are probably because you have not created any zones.

Posted on
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:27 am
Japple55 offline
Posts: 191
Joined: Sep 26, 2015
Location: Florida

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

Just started receiving this error. Indigo 7.03 on plugin v1.5.3. Reloading the plugin doesn't help. Any idea what is causing it? Would the beta 1.5.5 resolve it?

AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error:invalid literal for int() with base 10: '0ca'

[EDIT] This seems to be occurring only when I disarm from Away mode; from Stay mode it functions normally. The screen alternates between "Alarm Canceled" and "Disarmed Chime - ready to arm." If I enter the code again, the Alarm Canceled message goes away, along with the log error. Will need to get the manual out to understand what's happening. It's been working fine for a long time, until just recently.
TIA,

Jim

Posted on
Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:13 pm
hamw offline
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mar 31, 2008

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

Got the Ademco 5800 PIR wireless Infrared sensors working. I set them up in the Ademco 128 FBP as Zone Type 27 as opposed to the usual Zone 04 Interior Follower; this way they do not set off the alarm if set to "Armed Away." Not sure if they are supervised. Furthermore, while I did set them up in the panel, since the Ademco hears all kinds of wireless devices, maybe they can just be enrolled in the AD2USB plugin without enrolling in the Ademco?

In the AD2USB plugin, I set them up as Device Type: Alarm Zone, Zone Number 40 (as I enrolled them in the Ademco panel this matches the zone assignment), Wireless Loop Number 1, and then the Wireless Tag. So far they appear to be working as advertised. I did not have to set up any virtual zone boards etc.

AD2USB Alarm Interface Zone: 40 - Zone Patio Motion RF Wireless 40 state changed to: (Faulted)
SQL Logger adding column "onoffstate_ui" to table device_history_140120226 ("Zone Patio Motion RF Wireless 40")
AD2USB Alarm Interface Zone: 40 - Zone Patio Motion RF Wireless 40 state changed to: (Clear)
AD2USB Alarm Interface Zone: 40 - Zone Patio Motion RF Wireless 40 state changed to: (Faulted)
AD2USB Alarm Interface Zone: 40 - Zone Patio Motion RF Wireless 40 state changed to: (Clear)

Thanks again for a great plugin!

Posted on
Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:39 pm
hamw offline
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mar 31, 2008

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

Regarding firmware type and the plugin, I upgraded to 1.5.5. I tried to get the plugin to read the board and got this message:
AD2USB does not support autoconfig.png
AD2USB does not support autoconfig.png (30.46 KiB) Viewed 468 times

I am using telnet to connect via ser2sock at 127.0.0.1 with an appropriate port. Whole thing works fine otherwise. Any suggestions?

BTW, I can telnet to get my stream and get this from MonoGui log:
Starting ad2usbgui build #2.0.3841.17210
Socket Listening on 0.0.0.0:15003 listenPort 15003

And mono GUI can find the AD2USB at "4" , but the alarm panel stream does not start in the MonoGui log panel or display status in the alarm panel. Any thoughts?

Posted on
Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:31 pm
berkinet offline
User avatar
Posts: 2830
Joined: Nov 18, 2008
Location: Berkeley, CA, USA & Mougins, France

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

Japple55 wrote:
...This seems to be occurring only when I disarm from Away mode; from Stay mode it functions normally. The screen alternates between "Alarm Canceled" and "Disarmed Chime - ready to arm." If I enter the code again, the Alarm Canceled message goes away, along with the log error. Will need to get the manual out to understand what's happening. It's been working fine for a long time, until just recently.
The problem may be caused by going directly from Away to Stay mode. I am not sure the plugin understands that message sequence. Try Away -> Cancel-> Stay and see if that works better.

Posted on
Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:33 pm
berkinet offline
User avatar
Posts: 2830
Joined: Nov 18, 2008
Location: Berkeley, CA, USA & Mougins, France

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

hamw wrote:
Regarding firmware type and the plugin, I upgraded to 1.5.5. I tried to get the plugin to read the board and got this message:
AD2USB does not support autoconfig.png

I am using telnet to connect via ser2sock at 127.0.0.1 with an appropriate port. Whole thing works fine otherwise. Any suggestions?

BTW, I can telnet to get my stream and get this from MonoGui log:
Starting ad2usbgui build #2.0.3841.17210
Socket Listening on 0.0.0.0:15003 listenPort 15003

And mono GUI can find the AD2USB at "4" , but the alarm panel stream does not start in the MonoGui log panel or display status in the alarm panel. Any thoughts?

That is an odd one. Did you upgrade the AD2* recently?

Posted on
Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:15 pm
hamw offline
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mar 31, 2008

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

No, I did not upgrade the board in at least a few years. I have the IP connection settings in the monogui set up with the proper IP port. Maybe I need to reinstall mono GUI?

Posted on
Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:50 pm
Japple55 offline
Posts: 191
Joined: Sep 26, 2015
Location: Florida

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

berkinet wrote:
Japple55 wrote:
...This seems to be occurring only when I disarm from Away mode; from Stay mode it functions normally. The screen alternates between "Alarm Canceled" and "Disarmed Chime - ready to arm." If I enter the code again, the Alarm Canceled message goes away, along with the log error. Will need to get the manual out to understand what's happening. It's been working fine for a long time, until just recently.
The problem may be caused by going directly from Away to Stay mode. I am not sure the plugin understands that message sequence. Try Away -> Cancel-> Stay and see if that works better.


Berkinet,
Either I didn't explain the problem clearly enough, or I don't understand your response.
I've programmed the alarm keypad to use the AWAY key (F1) and STAY key (F2) to be single press function keys (no need to enter the user code to set the alarm mode).
When I manually set the alarm to STAY mode using the keypad, and then clear it the next morning by entering the user code, the display reads "Disarmed Chime - ready to arm" and no errors are generated in the log.
When I manually set the alarm to AWAY mode using the keypad, and then clear it on my return by entering the user code, the display alternates between "Alarm Canceled" and Disarmed Chime - ready to arm." That is when the plugin starts generating the errors, and continues to do so until I re-enter the user code again. At that point, the display only reads"Disarmed Chime - ready to arm." So there is something about the "Alarm Canceled" message that the plugin doesn't like.

Again these are manual entries at the keypad; I'm not executing actions via Indigo.

Posted on
Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:28 pm
scs offline
Posts: 18
Joined: Nov 28, 2014

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

berkinet wrote:
scs wrote:
...I see where I can create either a
Alarm zone:
Zone group:
Indigo managed virtual zone:

but I don't know what the difference is between these 3 (please explain) , or how to add Insteon sensors so the zone has something to monitor.

...Also getting a rash of this :
2017-07-20 10:50:48.768 AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error:7

An alarm zone is an Indigo device that tracks a Zone already established in your alarm panel. It may be one or more sensors depending on how your panel was wired. This is the most common AD2* device and you will probably want to create one for each actual zone in your panel.
A zone group gives you the ability to create meta zones that will trigger based on any activity in the component zones. I don't find this all that useful, but some users really wanted it.
An Indigo managed virtual zone creates an alarm zone based on Indigo logic and device states. To create such a zone you would also need to program the panel and the AD2* device. For example, you could have a zone based on someone turning on the kitchen light.

The errors you are seeing are probably because you have not created any zones.


OK, thanks.
While experimenting, I saw how I can create zones in the indigo devices and watch them get faulted as my wife walks around the house . Cool.
I'll have to play around with a zone group and see I can use that as well.
As far as a virtual zone, it looks like I have to use a state-change from an indigo device to trigger an action on the virtual zone. ... that zone also needs to be programmed as a zone in the AD2Pi, and then trips a programmed zone in the panel . just a touch of Rube Goldberg, eh? :) Effective nonetheless.

I understand the AD2Pi can emulate a zone expander on Vista panels, but I haven't been able to verify if my panel is compatible with the type of zone expander that the AD2Pi emulates.

Thanks
Steve

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:53 am
berkinet offline
User avatar
Posts: 2830
Joined: Nov 18, 2008
Location: Berkeley, CA, USA & Mougins, France

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

hamw wrote:
... Maybe I need to reinstall mono GUI?
The MonoGUI should have no effect on the plugin unless you have opened the AD2* directly in the GUI. In that case, you will have contention for the USB port and the results are unpredictable. Always go through ser2sock... but, IU suspect you already know that.

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:55 am
berkinet offline
User avatar
Posts: 2830
Joined: Nov 18, 2008
Location: Berkeley, CA, USA & Mougins, France

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

Japple55 wrote:
...When I manually set the alarm to AWAY mode using the keypad, and then clear it on my return by entering the user code, the display alternates between "Alarm Canceled" and Disarmed Chime - ready to arm." That is when the plugin starts generating the errors, and continues to do so until I re-enter the user code again. At that point, the display only reads"Disarmed Chime - ready to arm." So there is something about the "Alarm Canceled" message that the plugin doesn't like....

That seems likely. It will be a while before I can look at the problem. However, I don't know why you are seeing that message in the first place. It seems inappropriate to the actions you are taking.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests