ad2usb plugin discussion

Posted on
Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:24 pm
ELWOOD offline

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

Upgraded to Sierra and indigo 7 a few months back and my ad2usb and my Honeywell Vista128 have been
working just great.

Posted on
Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:05 am
evilsofa offline

Excellent, will take the plunge friday night after backups happen!

Posted on
Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:35 pm
dz1rfj offline

HI - Just trying this out tonight on a Vista 20-P. I was able to get the Nutech virtual panel to arm, disarm the panel. Closed that app (because only one app can talk to USB adapter at a time, right?)

I installed the plugin. Got a panel made at address 19 called Adt_Keypad .. Made a trigger to fire on any adt_keydadp/Alarm state changed, and I can see that device turn red, and the trigger works when I open zone 4.

I want to create a device for each zone. I tried every possible option for my back door, which is zone 4. I tried calling it 4, 04, but cannot get it working when I open that zone.

Is this related to not using the IP option and the Ser2Sock protocol ?

I am using 1.5.5 of the plugin, but cannot seem to find a corresponding documentation file in that zip file. I did see a document in the 1.0 zip file, but the screens seemed different and so I disregarded. I am hoping there is a walkthrough somewhere I did not see. The dropbox site appears down.

Thanks!

Posted on
Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:40 pm
dz1rfj offline

wow...

I changed to basic, and using 04 worked, but would still love to see the most current documentation of someone could send me the link. thanks!

Posted on
Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:56 pm
Professor Falken offline

Is there any way to monitor a state change for a motion sensor when the alarm is armed in STAY mode?

It seems that once the alarm is armed in a mode that ignores the inside follower zones (like motion detectors) the zones which are in Indigo won't fault. Is there some other state or device I need to create to be able to see detected motion on these at night, when the alarm panel itself is ignoring them, or is that impossible?

Thanks. Great plugin!

Posted on
Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:29 pm
berkinet offline

Professor Falken wrote:
Is there any way to monitor a state change for a motion sensor when the alarm is armed in STAY mode?

It seems that once the alarm is armed in a mode that ignores the inside follower zones (like motion detectors) the zones which are in Indigo won't fault. Is there some other state or device I need to create to be able to see detected motion on these at night, when the alarm panel itself is ignoring them, or is that impossible?

Thanks. Great plugin!
If you watch the raw data stream from the AD2* (use telnet from a terminal window) watch to see if any messages are transmitted when you move while the alarm in in STAY mode.

Posted on
Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:56 pm
jltnol offline

So I'm getting ready to move into a new house... well, new for me, and while I've had a great success with the ad2usb plugin interfacing with my alarm system previously, I don't see where to download the plugin. The dropbox location on this forum

viewforum.php?f=22. says File Not Found

Any ideas where it may be hiding?

Posted on
Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:26 am
berkinet offline

jltnol wrote:
So I'm getting ready to move into a new house... well, new for me, and while I've had a great success with the ad2usb plugin interfacing with my alarm system previously, I don't see where to download the plugin. The dropbox location on this forum

viewforum.php?f=22. says File Not Found

Any ideas where it may be hiding?

Unfortunately, Dropbox longer supports public folders. I am looking for another way to share the plugin.

Posted on
Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:53 pm
automaton offline

Yes, I need to upgrade as well. I'm on 1.5.4a... not sure what is the current version. My version has started slipping into an error state (with error panelMsgRead: Error:222) every couple of days. A reload of the plug-in gets it working again for another few days. Any ideas?

Posted on
Mon May 01, 2017 11:51 pm
mssearch offline

Hello there,

Just getting started with my Indigo 7 Trial and was wondering where to acquire the most up to date version of this plugin? I had previously trialled Indigo 6 for a while but eventually left due to lacking the AD2USB hardware to get my alarm integrated. Now, I've purchased the AD2USB hardware and am excited to get things rolling!

Noticed that you mentioned issues with Dropbox so I though I might suggest Google Drive as a storage location if you haven't found one yet.

Anyhow...thanks in advance for your kind direction!

Posted on
Wed May 03, 2017 6:38 am
berkinet offline

mssearch wrote:
...Noticed that you mentioned issues with Dropbox so I though I might suggest Google Drive as a storage location if you haven't found one yet....

Ok. I resurrected my Google Drive and have posted the ad2usb plugin v1.5.5 there.

Let me know if this works for you.

Posted on
Wed May 03, 2017 2:07 pm
mssearch offline

berkinet wrote:
Ok. I resurrected my Google Drive and have posted the ad2usb plugin v1.5.5 there.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks Berkinet!

The Google Drive link worked great! Really appreciate all of the assistance you've provided to others throughout this thread as I was able to navigate my way to a successful installation by reading through all of the others questions.

EDIT: Please disregard the question below, although I'll leave the content just incase someone else experiences a similar issue. After further research it appears that the keypad address that the AD2PI was assigned to was somehow programmed to multiple partitions. After reprogramming it to Partition 1 it appears that all is well in this for world... for now :D

I do have one small question regarding what might be an issue with my Vista 20p Panel configuration as opposed to the plugin. I noticed that if a particular sensor is left in a faulted state, for example a Honeywell 5816 attached to a window that is left opened, the panel and sensor continuously alternate between Ready/Clear state and Fault/Faulted until the zone is fully cleared (i.e. The window is closed).

output_ban9GI.gif
output_ban9GI.gif (33.12 KiB) Viewed 972 times

I checked both the raw output in the logs as well as telnet and directly on my physical keypad and all of these act the same way. My physical keypad shows exactly what is depicted in Indigo so this certainly does not appear to be any fault of the plugin but perhaps an issue with the panel configuration.

This isn't a huge deal until you create a trigger based upon a zone faulting... as a quick test, I made a trigger that wrote a custom message to the log when the window was opened and a separate trigger that would write a custom message to the log when the window was closed. When the window is left open the log (as I anticipated) begins to fill with my custom messages regarding the window being opened/closed even though the window hasn't physically been closed. Again, not a huge deal when simply writing a message to the log but potentially quite problematic if one were to want to turn on a light when a door was opened and off when it was closed. You'd end up with quite the strobe effect...

Alas, I'm hoping that there is either a known work around or perhaps a configuration setting I can change on my panel to fix this issue?

Thanks again for the incredible amount of work you've put into this plugin as well as taking the time to help others with it!

Posted on
Wed May 10, 2017 8:41 am
automaton offline

Berkinet,
I've been using the plugin for a long time. Sometime in the last few months, it has developed a pattern of falling into an errored state and repeated the following error codes:

panelMsgRead: Error:218
or
panelMsgRead: Error:222

If I reload the plugin, everything goes back to normal for a day or two. I've upgraded to the latest version posed on google drive, no change.

Any thoughts or troubleshooting tips?

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 12:41 pm
berkinet offline

automaton wrote:
...I've been using the plugin for a long time. Sometime in the last few months, it has developed a pattern of falling into an errored state and repeated the following error codes:
panelMsgRead: Error:218
or
panelMsgRead: Error:222
If I reload the plugin, everything goes back to normal for a day or two. I've upgraded to the latest version posed on google drive, no change.

Any thoughts or troubleshooting tips?
The problem may be due to the firmware you are running. Nutech has been slowly changing aspects of the firmware, creating incompatibility with the plugin. I can't really support the new settings without leaving older installations behind. However, there is little to gain for users of the ad2usb plugin from these changes. They are mostly to support other applications. If you recently upgraded your firmware you might want to try a downgrade.

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 9:32 pm
automaton offline

My firmware is actually quite old, v2.2a. The plugin ran without issues for a long time, with this issue starting last year sometime. I'm still on Indigo 6 at this time.