ad2usb plugin discussion

Posted on
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:23 pm
gt3mike offline

Documentation

Can someone please point me to the most recent documentation for this plugin? I didn't realize any existed, as none came with the plugin when I downloaded it.

Posted on
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:21 pm
Professor Falken offline

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

I just spent a while searching around, but I can't find it either. Before the plugin store became part of the Indigo website, the plugin/updates were available via dropbox links. But those all appear to be dead now. The version before the current one was on Google Drive, and I just downloaded and unzipped to see if any explanatory files were in there, but they weren't.

I could be wrong, but I think on those old dropbox ones there were text or readme files that went over installation and initial configuration. I am almost positive that at one point there were some explanations. What's weird is, the current thread (that we are writing in) starts with an update. So there must have been earlier threads. I did find a few older ones (before the plugin even had this name), but none of the documentation you are looking for. Sorry.

Posted on
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:25 pm
gt3mike offline

I actually found a very detailed quick reference guide from 2011 or 2012, but I also found a much more recent post from berkinet saying the doc is terribly out of date. So maybe the really old doc is all there is. It is helpful in setting context, at least.

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:30 am
berkinet offline

gt3mike wrote:
...I went all the way back to a really old firmware (circa 2012 or before) to get rid of the A-- at the end of the first data segment, but I am still seeing the plugin errors in Indigo....
I am back where I can look into the problem and I can't find any issues with the message stream you are receiving. As noted earlier, this looks like the plugin was misconfigured to start with.

I suggest you delete the plugin and it's preference file
Code: Select all
 /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.berkinet.ad2usb.indiPref
Then, restart Indigo and then re-install the plugin. Then, first create a panel device and then a zone.

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:04 am
gt3mike offline

berkinet wrote:
gt3mike wrote:
...I went all the way back to a really old firmware (circa 2012 or before) to get rid of the A-- at the end of the first data segment, but I am still seeing the plugin errors in Indigo....
I am back where I can look into the problem and I can't find any issues with the message stream you are receiving. As noted earlier, this looks like the plugin was misconfigured to start with.

I suggest you delete the plugin and it's preference file
Code: Select all
 /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.berkinet.ad2usb.indiPref
Then, restart Indigo and then re-install the plugin. Then, first create a panel device and then a zone.

I followed your instructions, and I've made positive progress. Here's where things stand:

I'm running the currently shipping AD2PI firmware 2.2a.8.8. I removed the plugin and preferences, restarted Indigo, reinstalled and configured the plugin, and added a keypad and zone.

When I start the plugin, I'm not seeing any errors. The keypad and the zone show clear. If I fault the zone, both the keypad and zone show faulted. Then when I clear the zone, both the keypad and zone show clear. So far, so good, yes?

Here's the first problem I see .If I fault a zone that isn't defined in Indigo, I start getting these errors in the log every couple of seconds. They continue until I restart the plugin, regardless of whether I clear the faulted zone.

AD2USB Alarm Interface Error Error on line 791
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error: 19

Is this to be expected?

Thanks,
Mike

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:13 am
berkinet offline

gt3mike wrote:
...Here's the first problem I see .If I fault a zone that isn't defined in Indigo, I start getting these errors in the log every couple of seconds. They continue until I restart the plugin, regardless of whether I clear the faulted zone.

AD2USB Alarm Interface Error Error on line 791
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error: 19

Is this to be expected?
In basic mode it may throw errors on undefined zones. Add the missing zones and see if the messages disappear.

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:28 am
gt3mike offline

I added the missing zone and restarted the plugin, and now I don't see errors if I fault that zone. That makes sense.

Next I switched the plugin to advanced mode, and now when I restart the plugin I see the following:

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:21:36 AM
Reloading plugin "AD2USB Alarm Interface 1.6.0"
Stopping plugin "AD2USB Alarm Interface 1.6.0" (pid 90775)
AD2USB Alarm Interface panelMsgRead: Connection Closed:
AD2USB Alarm Interface runConcurrentThread Process completed, Restarting
Stopped plugin "AD2USB Alarm Interface 1.6.0"
Starting plugin "AD2USB Alarm Interface 1.6.0" (pid 90778)
AD2USB Alarm Interface Log level preferences are set to "Normal".
Started plugin "AD2USB Alarm Interface 1.6.0"
AD2USB Alarm Interface Plugin setup completed. Ready to open link to the ad2usb in Advanced mode.
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error exception in deviceStartComm(Basement Door): local variable 'zoneBoard' referenced before assignment
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error exception in deviceStartComm(Kitchen Sink Window): local variable 'zoneBoard' referenced before assignment

AD2USB Alarm Interface ad2usb opened for communication at socket://192.168.0.115:10000

Now the keypad device still reflects faults in either zone, but the zone devices ignore faults and remain clear. What next?

Thanks,
Mike

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:31 am
berkinet offline

gt3mike wrote:
I added the missing zone and restarted the plugin, and now I don't see errors if I fault that zone. That makes sense.

Next I switched the plugin to advanced mode, and now when I restart the plugin I see the following:...

You must reconfigure each zone for advanced mode as well as setup relay emulation. In short, don't use it unless you have some special requirements that can't be met by basic mode.

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:39 am
gt3mike offline

berkinet wrote:
gt3mike wrote:

Next I switched the plugin to advanced mode, and now when I restart the plugin I see the following:...

You must reconfigure each zone for advanced mode as well as setup relay emulation. In short, don't use it unless you have some special requirements that can't be met by basic mode.

OK, so my choices are to leave it in basic mode and create devices for each alarm zone (to eliminate continuous error messages if I fault an unknown zone), or switch to advanced mode with all of the complication that entails. Correct?

Thanks,
Mike

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:42 am
berkinet offline

gt3mike wrote:
...OK, so my choices are to leave it in basic mode and create devices for each alarm zone (to eliminate continuous error messages if I fault an unknown zone), or switch to advanced mode with all of the complication that entails. Correct?
Not really. You should create a Indigo zone for every real zone in any case. Though, you might be able to get by in advanced mode if you don't do that. However, I would not recommend that. Why not just create an Indigo zone for each real zone? That way you can use any zone as a trigger for Indigo actions.

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:37 pm
gt3mike offline

berkinet wrote:
Not really. You should create a Indigo zone for every real zone in any case. Though, you might be able to get by in advanced mode if you don't do that. However, I would not recommend that. Why not just create an Indigo zone for each real zone? That way you can use any zone as a trigger for Indigo actions.

You're right. I'll most likely create a device for each zone. Although the use cases I have in mind right now only require knowledge of the panel's arming status, I can easily see benefits to being able to trigger on individual zones.

Before I set up the zones, is there any sort of reference that would spell out for me what use cases require advanced mode?

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:47 pm
berkinet offline

gt3mike wrote:
berkinet wrote:
...Before I set up the zones, is there any sort of reference that would spell out for me what use cases require advanced mode?

Advanced mode may be a tiny bit faster. But, the main reason is the ability to monitor wireless devices that are not enrolled in the panel.

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:54 pm
gt3mike offline

berkinet wrote:
Advanced mode may be a tiny bit faster. But, the main reason is the ability to monitor wireless devices that are not enrolled in the panel.

Perfect - got it. Thanks.

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:09 pm
gt3mike offline

Next issue. The "Read AD2USB Config" function doesn't appear to be working properly.

Here's the plugin config screen. Note that the keypad address is showing as "A" and Virtual LRR is "On". Neither is correct.

Untitled 2.png
Plugin config
Untitled 2.png (330.55 KiB) Viewed 89 times

Here's the Mono app config screen. The values on this screen match the values that I set on the Web UI on the Pi.

Untitled.png
Mono app config
Untitled.png (357.71 KiB) Viewed 89 times

Here is some debug log output. Any ideas?

AD2USB Alarm Interface ConfigButtonPressed Called
AD2USB Alarm Interface ConfigButtonPressed: Received: UiValuesDict : (dict)
ad2usbAddress : 192.168.0.115 (string)
ad2usbCommType : IP (string)
ad2usbConfigRead : (string)
ad2usbDeduplicate : true (bool)
ad2usbEmulationLabel : (string)
ad2usbEmulationSpace : (string)
ad2usbExpander_1 : false (bool)
ad2usbExpander_2 : false (bool)
ad2usbExpander_3 : false (bool)
ad2usbExpander_4 : false (bool)
ad2usbExpander_5 : false (bool)
ad2usbKeyPadAddress : (string)
ad2usbLrr : false (bool)
ad2usbPort : 10000 (string)
ad2usbRelLabel : (string)
ad2usbSerialPort : (string)
ad2usbVirtRelay_1 : false (bool)
ad2usbVirtRelay_2 : false (bool)
ad2usbVirtRelay_3 : false (bool)
ad2usbVirtRelay_4 : false (bool)
ad2usbZxpLabel : (string)
infoLabel : (string)
isAdvanced : false (bool)
logArmingEvents : false (bool)
logUnknownDevices : false (bool)
makeSpace1 : (string)
makeSpace2 : (string)
makeSpace3 : (string)
modeNotes1 : (string)
msgControl : 0 (string)
msgTestFail1 : (string)
msgTestFail2 : (string)
msgTestSuccess : (string)
panelPartitionCount : 1 (string)
pcSep1 : (string)
pcSep2 : (string)
restartClear : false (bool)
sectionLabel1 : (string)
sectionLabel2 : (string)
sectionLabel3 : (string)
showDebugInfo1 : 4 (string)
simpleSeparator1 : (string)
simpleSeparator2 : (string)
simpleSeparator3 : (string)
updaterEmail : --------@-----------.com (string)
updaterEmailSubject : apcupsd plugn update available (string)
updaterEmailsEnabled : true (bool)
updaterLastCheck : 1519054720 (real)
v0 : (string)
v1 : (string)
v2 : (string)
v3 : (string)
AD2USB Alarm Interface ConfigButtonPressed: the url is:socket://192.168.0.115:10000
AD2USB Alarm Interface ConfigButtonPressed: created new connection
AD2USB Alarm Interface ConfigButtonPressed: readline:!>
, 0
AD2USB Alarm Interface ConfigButtonPressed: readline:!CONFIG>MODE=A&CONFIGBITS=ff05&ADDRESS=18&LRR=N&COM=N&EXP=NNNNN&REL=NNNN&MASK=ffffffff&DEDUPLICATE=N
, 5
AD2USB Alarm Interface ConfigButtonPressed: the raw config is:MODE=A&CONFIGBITS=ff05&ADDRESS=18&LRR=N&COM=N&EXP=NNNNN&REL=NNNN&MASK=ffffffff&DEDUPLICATE=N
AD2USB Alarm Interface ConfigButtonPressed: the split config is:['MODE=A', 'CONFIGBITS=ff05', 'ADDRESS=18', 'LRR=N', 'COM=N', 'EXP=NNNNN', 'REL=NNNN', 'MASK=ffffffff', 'DEDUPLICATE=N']
AD2USB Alarm Interface ConfigButtonPressed Completed with valid config

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:25 pm
berkinet offline

gt3mike wrote:
Next issue. The "Read AD2USB Config" function doesn't appear to be working properly. ...

You loaded a very old version of the firmware. You need to go back to a newer version.