Security Camera Plugin

Posted on
Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:39 pm
bkmar1192 offline

Re: Security Camera Plugin

I don't think so - the plugin performs a URL get of a single image file. RTSP is a video stream.

If your camera can post single shot images to a local ftp site in theory you should be able to then pull from that image. A bit kludgy and you would get a bit of lag, and I haven't actually tested this but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:11 am
johnpolasek offline

Hmmmm, does anyone know of a background app for droids to allow grabbing snapshots off their camera? Looking at the 3D printed droid holder post in Success Stories and Kudos
http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=17727 makes me wonder if in addition to being a super control device, the beasts could also be unobtrusive security cams...

Posted on
Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:55 am
Different Computers offline

I tried a bunch of free android apps that do cam stuff, and none of them were reliable for me.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:05 am
jltnol offline

I don't think so - the plugin performs a URL get of a single image file. RTSP is a video stream.

Pretty much what I thought.. THANKS

Posted on
Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:16 pm
martinc offline

I thought I had the plugin set up as the read me but I don't see my image within my control page. I do see the download image in the folder so its getting to the computer.

WebServer 127.0.0.1/++image?cameraNum=1&width=160&height=120 load error: unknown url type: 127.0.0.1/++image?cameraNum=1&width=160&height=120
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 4.14.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 4.14.15 PM.png (300.16 KiB) Viewed 3876 times

Posted on
Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:19 pm
bkmar1192 offline

On your control page enter the address to the local file versus to your camera. The link should be something like:

file:///Library/Application%20Support/Perceptive%20Automation/Indigo%207/IndigoWebServer/video/[Camera Name]/CurrentImage.jpg

Posted on
Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:11 am

What determines when the camera carousel functionality swaps between cameras? I see it happening, but it seems to favor displaying one camera over another.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Don't do as I did folks: double check when testing by pasting to and from the URL bar of your browser to make sure that you haven't added "http://" in the configuration URL.

I had 2 cameras not working because of that problem.

On the other hand I can now finally confirm that Foscam C1 and C2 cameras work with Security Camera--when you get the URL right!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 1.35.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 1.35.57 PM.png (257.49 KiB) Viewed 3862 times

Posted on
Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:35 pm

Different Computers wrote:
What determines when the camera carousel functionality swaps between cameras? I see it happening, but it seems to favor displaying one camera over another.

Anyone? Is it choosing whatever image has motion most recently?

Posted on
Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:38 pm
whmoorejr offline

I believe the carousel just rotates through all the cameras at a 3 second interval. (motion doesn't affect this)

For a motion driven control page, I think you would create triggers for each camera (on motion detected equals true)

(It looks like you can trigger off Pixel Difference too.... don't know if that would be a bigger resource hog to do that)

Next do a "Master Camera" action for that camera from that trigger.

Now use Master1.jpg as the refreshing image URL for a control page.

Mine also triggers to start a timer, at the end of the timer, that triggers a separate Master Camera action to go to my default front door camera.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:23 am
bkmar1192 offline

Yes, the carousel does just loop through the available cameras.

I hadn't actually thought of the use case above (switching cameras on motion detection) I might have to add that in my control page this weekend.

Happy to hear the plugin is working for people.

Posted on
Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:21 pm

I've checked every setting I can think of and all 3 of my cameras are set exactly the same. Further, two of them are almost the same model--Foscam C1 & C2.

Yet the C1 only shows a picture occasionally on carousel rotation, sometimes less than 1 every 3 times it should (Which means I'll see each of the other two cameras at least twice before I see the misbehaving C1.). It also pops up as "Offline" sometimes, yet when I use the same URL to access it, it's fine. It doesn't suffer from connectivity problems in any other situation.

Any idea how I can troubleshoot this?

Posted on
Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:43 am

Occurs to me I should explain this differently.

3 cameras in the plugin. All reachable via the same URL I entered in the plugin.

Expected behavior of the carousel image rotation: 1. 2. 3. 1. 2. 3.1. 2. 3.1. 2. 3. etc.

Actual behavior: 1. 2. 1. 2. 1. 2. 1. 2. 3. 1. 2. 1. 2 etc.

All camera devices are configured the same way.

Posted on
Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:21 am
bkmar1192 offline

What version are you running. I uploaded a new version about a week ago that handles the URL request a bit differently. Wasn't in regards to your specific problem but would be a first step.

I'll take a look tonight and see if I see anything in the code.

Posted on
Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:04 pm

I'm now running the current 1.5.1.

No change, plus now I get this when I enable the plugin:

Code: Select all
   Started plugin "Security Camera 1.5.1"
   Security Camera                 Checking for update
   Security Camera                 Running the current version of Security Camera
   Security Camera Error           exception in deviceStartComm(Cam Breeze Way): list index out of range
   Security Camera Error           exception in deviceStartComm(Cam C2): list index out of range
   Security Camera Error           exception in deviceStartComm(Cam FrontYard): list index out of range

Page 6 of 13 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13