Timeclock device?

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:53 pm
gt3mike offline

Timeclock device?

Hi -

Is there a way to set up the RR2 Timeclock as an Indigo device? The use case would be to monitor the Timeclock state (Away, Home, etc) for use as part of a condition statement for an action.

Thanks,
Mike

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:29 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Timeclock device?

You can't set it up as a device, but you can create triggers that will fire whenever the Lutron repeater sends out a Timeclock message. You could set some variables based on those triggers to use as conditionals.

As I recall, I tested that the functionality works, but I don't have any in use at this time. I don't use Timeclocks, as I do all time-related processing in Indigo.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:38 pm
gt3mike offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
I don't use Timeclocks, as I do all time-related processing in Indigo.

That makes sense. Hadn't occurred to me. I'll have to think about it. Thanks!

Posted on
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:39 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Release 7.1.0 (currently in Beta) will have support for Timeclock Event devices. Which will make it slightly easier to create triggers based on the time clock event firing.

But keep in mind that events don't have state. The event goes off, the repeater does some actions that are associated with that event, and that's it. If you want to maintain some sort of state based on various events firing, then you need to have the triggers update a state variable as needed.

If there's some other functionality you want to be associated with the events, create an issue on the GitHub page.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1