Roomba Plugin - Discontinued

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:53 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Roomba Plugin - Discontinued

https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-R ... tag/v0.0.1

Based on Bollar's scripts as posted in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=138&t=17271

1. Create Roomba Device
  2. Enter IP address. Plugin will check if the robot is reachable at that address.
  3. Use the "Get Credentials" Menu Item (Plugsins -> Roomba -> Get Credentials) to authenticate to the Roomba.
  4. Use the plugin defined Actions to control your Roomba

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:19 pm
Bollar offline

Re: Roomba Plugin - first test release

Neat.

I don't know if this is your problem or not, but...
Code: Select all
   Action Group                    Test Roomba Plugin
   SQL Logger                      creating table device_history_1033922261 for "Roomba"
   SQL Logger Error                exception trying to create table device_history_1033922261 ("Roomba")
   SQL Logger Error                duplicate column name: id
   SQL Logger Error                CREATE TABLE device_history_1033922261 ( id #AUTO_INCR_KEY, ts TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "batpct" INTEGER, "cycle" TEXT, "day" TEXT, "errorcode" TEXT, "errortext" TEXT, "expirem" INTEGER, "flags" INTEGER, "id" INTEGER, "mssnm" INTEGER, "notready" INTEGER, "phase" TEXT, "rechrgm" INTEGER, "sqft" INTEGER, "theta" INTEGER, "time" TEXT, "x" INTEGER, "y" INTEGER, "devicestatus" INTEGER, "devicestatus_docked" BOOL, "devicestatus_running" BOOL, "devicestatus_unknown" BOOL);
   SQL Logger Error                exception trying to insert row into table device_history_1033922261 ("Roomba") -- unable to modify table
   SQL Logger Error                no such table: device_history_1033922261
   SQL Logger Error                INSERT INTO device_history_1033922261 ("batpct", "cycle", "day", "errorcode", "errortext", "expirem", "flags", "id", "mssnm", "notready", "phase", "rechrgm", "sqft", "theta", "time", "x", "y", "devicestatus", "devicestatus_docked", "devicestatus_running", "devicestatus_unknown") VALUES (%s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s);

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:30 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Don't think that's my code.

Do you have another device with the same name?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:32 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Oh, wait. I bet the SQL logger has an "id" key, and the plugin also has a state with that name. I'll change the name of the state in the plugin.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:37 pm
Bollar offline

Well no, but I don't think it's the device. I already have a variable named 'id' so that's probably the issue.. It would be helpful (for me at least), if you renamed 'id' to something else.

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:48 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Bollar wrote:
Well no, but I don't think it's the device. I already have a variable named 'id' so that's probably the issue.. It would be helpful (for me at least), if you renamed 'id' to something else.

I think it's the SQL logger itself.

SQL Logger Error                exception trying to create table device_history_1033922261 ("Roomba")

The error is while it's creating a device history table, which would have all the states in it. So I don't think it's actually protecting the column names. I think it's using the raw state names as column names, which is dangerous programming technique.

Yeah, I just checked. That's exactly what it's doing. Bad programmer. :)

I'm changing that state to "rID". I'll wait until tomorrow to push an update in case there are any more bug reports tonight.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:02 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Oops. :mrgreen:

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:50 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Roomba Plugin - beta tests

v0.0.2 released. Use internal updater or get from https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-R ... tag/v0.0.2

Changed state ID to rID to remove conflict with SQL Logger.
Enabled Trigger processing.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:55 am
Bollar offline

Hm, curious:

Roomba                          Starting Roomba
   Error                           device "MyRoomba" state key rID not defined (ignoring update request)
   SQL Logger                      creating table device_history_1033922261 for "MyRoomba"
   SQL Logger Error                exception trying to create table device_history_1033922261 ("MyRoomba")
   SQL Logger Error                CREATE TABLE device_history_1033922261 ( id #AUTO_INCR_KEY, ts TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "batpct" INTEGER, "cycle" TEXT, "day" TEXT, "errorcode" TEXT, "errortext" TEXT, "expirem" INTEGER, "flags" INTEGER, "id" INTEGER, "mssnm" INTEGER, "notready" INTEGER, "phase" TEXT, "rechrgm" INTEGER, "sqft" INTEGER, "theta" INTEGER, "time" TEXT, "x" INTEGER, "y" INTEGER, "devicestatus" INTEGER, "devicestatus_docked" BOOL, "devicestatus_running" BOOL, "devicestatus_unknown" BOOL);
   SQL Logger Error                exception trying to insert row into table device_history_1033922261 ("MyRoomba") -- unable to modify table
   SQL Logger Error                INSERT INTO device_history_1033922261 ("batpct", "cycle", "day", "errorcode", "errortext", "expirem", "flags", "id", "mssnm", "notready", "phase", "rechrgm", "sqft", "theta", "time", "x", "y", "devicestatus", "devicestatus_docked", "devicestatus_running", "devicestatus_unknown") VALUES (%s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s);
   Roomba                          Checking for updates...
   Roomba                          No updates are available

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:10 am
Bollar offline

As far as testing goes, it did begin and pause/dock based on triggers I had previously setup.

It would be great if you could push the error / not ready in the same Plugin trigger, so I don't have to create a separate trigger for each error / not ready I want to track. I currently have one trigger for errors and one for not readys and each stores the latest numerical value and associated text.

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:49 am
FlyingDiver offline

Bollar wrote:
Hm, curious:

Roomba                          Starting Roomba
   Error                           device "MyRoomba" state key rID not defined (ignoring update request)
   SQL Logger                      creating table device_history_1033922261 for "MyRoomba"
   SQL Logger Error                exception trying to create table device_history_1033922261 ("MyRoomba")
   SQL Logger Error                exception trying to insert row into table device_history_1033922261 ("MyRoomba") -- unable to modify table
   Roomba                          Checking for updates...
   Roomba                          No updates are available

You need to edit the device to get it to pick up the new state definition. I spent some time last night trying to figure out how to do that automatically, and wasn't able to.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:58 am
FlyingDiver offline

Bollar wrote:
As far as testing goes, it did begin and pause/dock based on triggers I had previously setup.

It would be great if you could push the error / not ready in the same Plugin trigger, so I don't have to create a separate trigger for each error / not ready I want to track. I currently have one trigger for errors and one for not readys and each stores the latest numerical value and associated text.

The logic for the triggers (as of now) is:

If NotReady == 16, do the binFull trigger actions
If NotReady == 7, do the binMissing trigger actions

Are you saying that you would prefer:

if NotReady != 0, do NotReady trigger

And then you could just save or log the value?

And the same for ErrorCode != 0?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:10 am
Bollar offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Bollar wrote:

The logic for the triggers (as of now) is:

If NotReady == 16, do the binFull trigger actions
If NotReady == 7, do the binMissing trigger actions

Are you saying that you would prefer:

if NotReady != 0, do NotReady trigger

And then you could just save or log the value?

And the same for ErrorCode != 0?

Probably. I want to be able to send the message to Pushover, along with the descriptive text and I would prefer not to create a new trigger for each error state. Currently I have a trigger to send a Pushover message with the contents of roombaErrorText whenever roombaError >0 (in my version of the code).

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:16 am
FlyingDiver offline

Well, you could do that now with a trigger based on the device state instead of a specific plugin action. But I can certainly add a generic trigger based on any non-zero value of the state. What have you seen happening with the error value? What's the relationship between the two?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:55 pm
Bollar offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Well, you could do that now with a trigger based on the device state instead of a specific plugin action. But I can certainly add a generic trigger based on any non-zero value of the state. What have you seen happening with the error value? What's the relationship between the two?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, or we're misunderstanding each other. What I want is to be able to send the specific error or not ready message to Pushover without having to create a trigger for each type of event that the plugin can report. That's what I currently do with my script.
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_3276.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3276.jpeg (43.97 KiB) Viewed 5391 times