Toggle action?

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:24 pm
Ramias offline

Toggle action?

I am starting to finally get into Control Pages and a good toggle button with my garage door would be pretty cool.

I know I could do a virtual device and variable and triggers to set this up, but that gets messy.

Any chance you can add a toggle action to the MyQ plugin?

Thanks

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:34 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Toggle action?

The MyQ device is now based on the Indigo Lock device class, which does not support the Toggle action.

Also, a toggle action is a little unsafe for my tastes. I think it's too easy for the Indigo representation of the door to get out of sync with the actual door, if there's an issue with the MyQ servers. Using a linked sensor helps with that, but I'm still leery of adding it to the plugin.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:35 pm
FlyingDiver offline

If you're going to do it yourself, an Action Group with a short Python script would be the easiest way to do it.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:58 pm
Ramias offline

Ok. Thanks for the quick response. I can do it with Python script that does the toggle. I have that with some other virtual devices.

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:34 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

FlyingDiver wrote:
Also, a toggle action is a little unsafe for my tastes. I think it's too easy for the Indigo representation of the door to get out of sync with the actual door, if there's an issue with the MyQ servers.

I'd second this. It always takes a LONG time (i.e. multiple minutes) before the plugin seems to get in sync with the door. Not sure where the issue is, but I did have a KeypadLinc button synced up to open/close the door, but honestly it was just too slow to be useful.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:45 am
FlyingDiver offline

jay (support) wrote:
I'd second this. It always takes a LONG time (i.e. multiple minutes) before the plugin seems to get in sync with the door. Not sure where the issue is, but I did have a KeypadLinc button synced up to open/close the door, but honestly it was just too slow to be useful.

Can you explain this a little more, Jay? Unless there's an issue with the request to the MyQ servers, the plugin does an update 30 seconds after it commands the door to open/close. So the states should sync up then. The newer version with the linked sensors will be almost immediate, but the logic for the out of sync trigger needs some work.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:49 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

It's when the door is operated manually (using the button on the wall, the remote, or Houselink buttons in the car). We rarely actually control the door from Indigo but rather like to have Indigo know the state. Seems like it's a good 5 minutes before it gets updated (and it seems like it sometimes never gets in sync if left on it's own). I haven't upgraded to the latest plugin though so it may be better now.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:10 am
FlyingDiver offline

jay (support) wrote:
It's when the door is operated manually (using the button on the wall, the remote, or Houselink buttons in the car). We rarely actually control the door from Indigo but rather like to have Indigo know the state. Seems like it's a good 5 minutes before it gets updated (and it seems like it sometimes never gets in sync if left on it's own). I haven't upgraded to the latest plugin though so it may be better now.

OK, that makes sense. If you're not using a linked sensor, it's a simple poll of the MyQ server. Which is 10 minutes by default.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Page 1 of 1