MyQ and door sensors?

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:06 pm
roquej offline

Re: MyQ and door sensors?

If you are using alarm sensors, the plugin doesn't provide those as valid sensors. This issue has come up with the Cynical Behavior plugin and it was addressed.

Any chance to get alarm sensors to show?

Thank you!

JP

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:10 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Sure. What's the actual device type for the sensors? If it's custom, does it have an onOffState?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:14 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I just read the (long) thread in Perry's forum on Cynical Behaviors, about using the IO-Link and other non-sensor sensor devices. Then I looked at Perry's code. Ouch.

Basically, you have a similar issue to Bollar. He's got IO Links attached to his doors, which also aren't simple "sensor" devices. I have some idea how to deal with this, but it's not trivial. And I can't just steal Perry's code, because all his plugins are based on his own device model and frameworks, with a lot of the behavior that I need buried deep down in the frameworks. Similar to RogueProeliator's code.

Anyway. It's on my list of things to do. In the short term, as mentioned in that thread, the work around is to use a Virtual Device. A pain to set up, but it should work.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:57 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The I/O-Linc device type, as you all have noticed, is unique. It pre-dates Indigo's device grouping capabilities and is used by the I/O-Linc as well as several of the INSTEON multi-I/O (EZIOxyz modules). Eventually here I would really like to get those migrated over to the newer sensor style devices but it is a pretty big task since it impacts devices, states (and thus triggers and conditions), actions, and control pages.

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:22 pm
FlyingDiver offline

For those of you who want to try using non-sensor devices (IOLinks, etc) as a linked sensor for MyQ, I've got something for you to play with:

https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-M ... e/releases

This plugin allows you to set up a "Masquerade" sensor device that tracks some state within another Indigo device. When you create the Masquerade device you specify the "base" device, a state on that device, and a match string. If the base device state matches the provided string, the Masquerade sensor device will be "On". Otherwise it'll be off. You can also specify a reverse mode where the Masquerade device will be "On" if the base device state does not match the provided string.

It's a lot like Virtual Devices without having to create variables and scripts. More limited too, but that's ok.

If this works for people, I'll probably add Masquerade devices that look like relays and locks. Those will have to be bi-directional, which will complicate things a bit.

I expect this will have uses outside the MyQ world too.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:06 pm
blueballsius offline

The Masqurade plugin is a fantastic idea. thank you. I am using the iolinc for garage sensor and Chamberlain MyQ. I just setup the iolinc as a sensor in Masquerade and then created a device using the MyQ plugin and then created an action using the MyQ plugin to open the garage, but i'm getting the following error:

Dec 3, 2016, 6:44:12 PM
Action Group Garage Door Closed (MyQ)
MyQ Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 388, in changeDeviceAction
KeyError: key not found in database

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:09 pm
FlyingDiver offline

What version of the MyQ plugin are you running? Can you turn on debugging logging and repeat the error?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:38 pm
blueballsius offline

Looks like it's my login?

Dec 3, 2016, 7:36:22 PM
Action Group Garage Door Open (MyQ)
MyQ Debug changeDevice: Garage Door (MyQ), state = 1
MyQ Debug myqLogin: {"ReturnCode":"203","ErrorMessage":"The username or password you entered is incorrect. Try again. (203)","CorrelationId":"c7930821-7a63-484e-b52d-92532d0edea9"}
MyQ Debug myqLogin failure: Bad return code: The username or password you entered is incorrect. Try again. (203)
MyQ Debug changeDevice: Bad return code: Unauthorized (216)

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:49 pm
blueballsius offline

i think i fixed the login error but am now getting the following:

MyQ Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 92, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 366, in getDevices
ValueError: NameNotUniqueError

MyQ Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:27 pm
FlyingDiver offline

blueballsius wrote:
i think i fixed the login error but am now getting the following:

MyQ Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 92, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 366, in getDevices
ValueError: NameNotUniqueError

MyQ Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Make sure each of your doors has a different name in the MyQ app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:41 pm
blueballsius offline

i only have 1 garage door, actually.

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:33 am
FlyingDiver offline

blueballsius wrote:
i only have 1 garage door, actually.

Hmm. OK. I'll look at that today.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:18 am
FlyingDiver offline

Version 7.1.3 is available to download: https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-M ... tag/v7.1.3

I haven't tagged this as production yet, so it won't update automatically. But I think I'm pretty close.

The main reason I'm not calling this production code yet is that I think there's a timing/race condition that could cause erroneous "Door out of sync" events. That would happen if the linked sensor reports a chance in state but MyQ doesn't have the matching state yet. There's a window of time after a movement is commanded (up or down) where I would expect those to be out of sync. It's figuring out how long that is and how not to trigger events during that window I'm still working on.

@blueballsius -

I'm not 100% sure what was causing your errors, but this version has a number of improvements that could help things. Please install and try your devices again. If they don't work, please delete the devices and then run the "Update Device Status" menu item to recreate them. Try your open/close actions. Then add the linked sensors and start again.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:22 am
roquej offline

Re: MyQ Plugin discussion

Ended up calling Liftmaster support and they did something that got rid of the 2017 error. The plugin is now working ,but getting the following error in the log, when it executes:

Script Error embedded script: 'key name chamberlainAppID not found in database'
Script Error Exception Traceback (most recent call shown last):
embedded script, line 6, at top level
KeyError: 'key name chamberlainAppID not found in database'

"Liftmaster" is selected in the plugin.

By the way, had to use your Masquerade plugin or I would get dozens of errors. However, when you do a "send status update", getting the error:

Masquerade Error plugin does not define method actionControlSensor

It doesn't matter which "State to Masquerade" you select, the same error shows in the log. I am using a ad2usb sensor from my Vista 20P alarm panel.

As always, thank you for the great plugin!

JP

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:43 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: MyQ Plugin discussion

Are you running an embedded script that calls the MyQ plugin? Please post the code you're using to do that. Because I don't use the key "chamberlainAppID" anywhere in my plugin.

The fact that you can even do "Send Status Request" to a Masquerade Sensor device is a bug in my code. Sensor devices are one way. If you need to update the Masquerade device, send the status request to the underlying (base) device. Any changes will get reflected in the Masquerade device.

Alarm panels (as well as IOLinc) devices are exactly what I had in mind for Masquerade.

Moved this to the MyQ and Sensors thread.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)