Tempted...very tempted

Posted on
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:15 pm
trevorsmith offline

Tempted...very tempted

Tempted by this hub.....trying to get TV watching as wife-friendly as possible. I get that this can be used to set up input source, volume etc etc,. However, I need to know if it will integrate with my existing telly kit:

non-smart TV
Humax Freesat box
Roku 3
Echo
<some soundbar or other soon!>

I'll be getting Echo integration going so we can ask Echo to turn on the TV and set it up to, say, the Roku HDMI input. However, could I get it to a situation where I can ask Echo to play specific titles within Plex? eg say "Echo, play House Of Cards on Plex" or similar, or even "Echo play BBC iPlayer" (which would need to tell Roku to switch apps to the iPlayer app)

Posted on
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:18 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Tempted...very tempted

You should look at the Logitech web site for specifics on what devices the Harmony Hub can control. If the Harmony can't control it, but Indigo can using some other plugin, then you're probably in good shape.

Voice control of Plex is outside the scope of this plugin. I believe there's a Plex plugin that might do that.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:02 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I'll be getting Echo integration going so we can ask Echo to turn on the TV and set it up to, say, the Roku HDMI input. However, could I get it to a situation where I can ask Echo to play specific titles within Plex? eg say "Echo, play House Of Cards on Plex" or similar, or even "Echo play BBC iPlayer" (which would need to tell Roku to switch apps to the iPlayer app)

You can to some degree but it takes a bit of meshing applications and skills together... using the Alexa plugin you could create a few virtual switches to do a bit - like having the Roku plugin change applications. To get deeper integration such as specific titles on Plex, you will need to check out Plex's Alexa Skill.

Adam

Posted on
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:43 pm
trevorsmith offline

Thanks all.... I didn't think to look for a Plex skill.

Page 1 of 1