time outs

Posted on
Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:57 am
Different Computers offline

Re: time outs

Standard Trigger window.

I can't disable sleek because it's a command line tool required by the HH plugin. I mean, I probably could disable it, but then HH doesn't run at all.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:22 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I didn't remember installing it when I installed the Harmony plugin but I guess I did. So, when you said you "did a new install" of sleekxmp, what does that mean exactly? And did this error only start after?

Do you mean that you got that error when clicking on the button that would open the plugin's dialog? It's very unlikely that leaving the Trigger edit window open has anything to do with it since it's not a modal dialog.

Do this: disable the Harmony plugin and reenable everything else and run it for a while. Open dialogs in other plugins periodically, etc. What we're trying to get to here is if the problem is isolated to when the Harmony plugin is running or whether there are other factors involved.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:37 am
FlyingDiver offline

Different Computers wrote:
Is it possibly a problem with sleekxmp? Did I spell that right? I just did a new install a few days ago.

I don't see how that package could be interfering with the client dialogs. But, just to check, what version did you install? Should be 1.3.1. Use "pip show sleekxmpp" to check.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:38 am
FlyingDiver offline

I can't disable sleek because it's a command line tool required by the HH plugin. I mean, I probably could disable it, but then HH doesn't run at all.

It's a Python library/module, not a command line tool. Installed with pip.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:45 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I haven't looked at the source for this plugin, but note that all Indigo callbacks into the plugin execute in the same thread: UI callbacks (validation, etc.), plugin defined actions and triggers, etc. So if there is an action that is blocking for some reason (waiting for an IP call to complete, waiting for hardware, etc.) then that can cause the UI callbacks to block as well. The solution is to either have short timeouts on all blocking calls or make sure they are executed in secondary threads (normally using a queue to pass the requests to the other thread).

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:53 am
howartp offline

Might there by an on-the-fly combobox being populated in code that's failing to return and thus populate that box in UI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:27 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, that's certainly possible.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:48 am
FlyingDiver offline

Which is why I asked DC to tell us what version of the sleekxmpp library he installed. No one else has reported these issues, so it's possible he's got a different version that's causing issues.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:04 am
howartp offline

Sorry, didn't know what the xmpp library was or how it related to this query so just throwing ideas out there. :-)

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:56 am

FlyingDiver wrote:
I don't see how that package could be interfering with the client dialogs. But, just to check, what version did you install? Should be 1.3.1. Use "pip show sleekxmpp" to check.

Progress. I'm running 1.3.2.

I'll research how to downgrade, but if someone knows, I'd appreciate a hint.

EDIT: Found it
Code: Select all
sudo pip install sleekxmpp==1.3.1
and yes, I uninstalled 1.3.2

It's taking a very long time for the plugin to start--like over a minute. Note the time stamps:
Code: Select all
Jul 15, 2017, 11:08:24 AM
   Enabling plugin "Harmony Hub 7.1.0"
   Starting plugin "Harmony Hub 7.1.0" (pid 3778)
   Started plugin "Harmony Hub 7.1.0"
   Harmony Hub                     Starting Harmony Hub

Jul 15, 2017, 11:09:35 AM
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request CalcDeviceFunc
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request CalcDeviceFunc
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request UiGetValues2
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request CallPluginFunc
   Error (client)                  dialogForActionId() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

I'm still messing with testing, but it looks like downgrading did not fix the issue. Yeah, something is still wrong, but now the symptom has changed a bit. Still long delays trying to edit any trigger that has an HH activity in it. Also, compare to the other screen shot. (But later, this trigger action dialog box just fails to open and results in the above log errors.)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 11.03.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 11.03.44 AM.png (39.84 KiB) Viewed 3809 times

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:43 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Sorry for asking the obvious, but are you sure you have the right IP address for your Hub? Did it get changed perhaps?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:46 am
FlyingDiver offline

It would also help if you turned on debug logging for the HH plugin.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:15 am

OK, I'm such an idiot.

Yeah, the hub's IP address had changed. I reserved it back to the old one in the HH plugin config--because I couldn't open the Configuration window of the plugin--but even after a reload the plugin still runs slowly, and the Action tab of a Trigger window still fails to open. I'll try restarting the hub to make sure it has picked up the new IP address.

Many apologies to all who offered help. Restarting the hub & it picking up a new IP address fixed the issue.
Last edited by Different Computers on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:17 am
FlyingDiver offline

You can always edit the prefs file if you can't get the config window to open. Disable the plugin first, of course.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:37 am
howartp offline

OK, I'm such an idiot.

Yeah, the hub's IP address had changed.

I hope you'll take this in the jest in which it's intended - would you like me to come and sort out all your IT/Networking issues for you? - By removing anything IT/Networking related from your house, including your username on these forums?! :-)

You seem to have more problems with IT than anyone's fair share!