Control Page Problem

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:03 am
wormhole offline

Control Page Problem

So when I use the harmony remote, or harmony iOS app to start an activity or do something, i see stuff in the event log, however, when going to the control page and clicking on buttons that start activities or send commands to the harmony hub i get the following errors:

Code: Select all
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request CalcDeviceFunc
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request UiGetValues2
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request CallPluginFunc
Error (client) dialogForActionId() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request UiGetValues2
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request CallPluginFunc
Error (client) dialogForActionId() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

However, when using the Harmony App or physical remote the following shows up in the logs

Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Family Room: messageHandler: Event state notify, activityId = 6172546, activityStatus = 3
Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Family Room: messageHandler: Event startActivity, done = 1, total = 2, deviceId = 14954047
 Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Family Room: messageHandler: Event startActivity, done = 2, total = 2, deviceId = 14953632
 Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Family Room: messageHandler: Event state notify, activityId = -1, activityStatus = 0
 Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Family Room: messageHandler: Event startActivityFinished, activityId = -1, errorCode = 200, errorString = OK
 Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Family Room: messageHandler: Event state notify, activityId = -1, activityStatus = 0

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:05 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Control Page Problem

Go through and edit the control page button actions. I think in all the messing around they lost their connection to the correct hub device.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:15 am
wormhole offline

Appreciate the continued help and apologies for the issues.

The errors above are in fact the log output when trying to edit the control panel buttons....

Here is the log from just now trying to select a control panel button and edit:

Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request CalcDeviceFunc

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:25 am
FlyingDiver offline

Quit the Indigo client and restart it, then try the control page buttons again.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:32 am
wormhole offline

I am sure this is frustrating for you so i appreciate the continued help however i did as you suggested and get the following error in the log when trying to edit the activity

Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request UiGetValues2
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request CallPluginFunc
   Error (client)                  dialogForActionId() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:33 am
FlyingDiver offline

Can you delete the action and recreate it?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:36 am
wormhole offline

I thought maybe the control page was just dorked, so i tried to create a complete new test page and create a button that started an activity...first lines below are using iOS app to start activity, error lines are when trying to create the button.

Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Family Room: messageHandler: Event state notify, activityId = 6172546, activityStatus = 3
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Family Room: messageHandler: Event startActivity, done = 1, total = 2, deviceId = 14954047
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Family Room: messageHandler: Event startActivity, done = 2, total = 2, deviceId = 14953632
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Family Room: messageHandler: Event startActivityFinished, activityId = -1, errorCode = 200, errorString = OK
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request UiGetValues2
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request CallPluginFunc
   Error (client)                  dialogForActionId() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:38 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Delete the old Hub Device and create a new one. Then try to create an action group that sends a Start Activity command to the hub. Don't use a control page.

Need to reduce the number of moving parts to pin this down.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:54 pm
wormhole offline

OK, i'll give that a shot and report back, thanks.

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:21 pm
wormhole offline

So I deleted both Hubs that were setup, tried creating a new one, when i got to the "Model" drop down it hung Indigo again and the following was output in the log:

Harmony Hub Debug Harmony Hub - Family Room: messageHandler: Event state notify, activityId = 6172546, activityStatus = 3
Harmony Hub Debug Harmony Hub - Family Room: messageHandler: Event startActivity, done = 1, total = 2, deviceId = 14954047
Harmony Hub Debug Harmony Hub - Family Room: messageHandler: Event startActivity, done = 2, total = 2, deviceId = 14953632
Harmony Hub Debug Harmony Hub - Family Room: messageHandler: Event state notify, activityId = -1, activityStatus = 0
Harmony Hub Debug Harmony Hub - Family Room: messageHandler: Event startActivityFinished, activityId = -1, errorCode = 200, errorString = OK
Harmony Hub Debug Harmony Hub - Family Room: messageHandler: Event state notify, activityId = -1, activityStatus = 0

After it stopped hanging i then typed in the name and hit "Edit Device Settings", it hung again and the following was output in the log:

Error (client) runDialogForDevice() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

Maybe the plugin is corrupted and i should start over?

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:23 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Yeah, I would delete the plugin and the preferences file and then start from scratch.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:30 pm
wormhole offline

OK, something to report. So instead of enabling/re-enabling/disabling the plugin from the "Plugins" Indigo menu, and directly doing it through the plugin on the list, which always caused the errors of being unable to properly shut down, i went to Plugins/Manage Plugins, and disabled, then re-enabled the plugin, and now adding back the Hub isn't hanging Indigo, and I'm able to create activities and buttons without an issue (and turn on and off activities).

However, again, enabling/disabling via the Plugin in the drop down, vs doing it via "Manage Plugins" creates the same problem.

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:32 pm
FlyingDiver offline

wormhole wrote:
However, again, enabling/disabling via the Plugin in the drop down, vs doing it via "Manage Plugins" creates the same problem.

Ok, that's just weird. And something that the plugin has no control over. That's all done by Indigo. Matt? Jay? Any ideas?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:49 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Are you running Homebridge Buddy by any chance? And are you on macOS Sierra?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:51 pm
wormhole offline

If Homebridge is a plugin then no, i'm not sure what that is.

Regarding the OS, its Yosemite 10.10.5