Pause / Play commands - can lights be controlled?

Posted on
Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:45 am
docp offline

Pause / Play commands - can lights be controlled?

Hello

Thank you for this plugin - it is great. I was wondering if it is possible to initiate indigo events based on pause / play actions - I have searched through the threads but can't find an answer to this question -

At the moment I can have the lights dim when an activity is started or stopped. Is it possible to have the lights brigthen when the pause button is pressed?

Thanks!

Posted on
Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:34 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Pause / Play commands - can lights be controlled?

Not easily, no. The hub doesn't communicate individual button presses to other clients. Only activity changes and automation controls.

I think what some users are doing is setting up Control Pages that they use to control their AV equipment, and pause/play buttons send both light and AV equipment commands.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:13 pm
GlennNZ offline

docp wrote:
Hello

Thank you for this plugin - it is great. I was wondering if it is possible to initiate indigo events based on pause / play actions - I have searched through the threads but can't find an answer to this question -

At the moment I can have the lights dim when an activity is started or stopped. Is it possible to have the lights brigthen when the pause button is pressed?

Thanks!

Depends on what you are playing on - as far as I'm aware there are plugins for plex, emby, Kodi and Roku? (Probably others that I've missed). With these plugins playback, pause events can be captured and lights dimmed etc.

(Thanks a lot for Harmony plugin - all going well)

Glenn

Posted on
Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:16 am
docp offline

Thank you for the reply. The Plex plugin in excelltent and I have got this working (thank you to the author). I can't seem to find a kodi plugin however. The media box I want to buy uses kodi so ideally this is what I need. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Posted on
Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:15 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I wrote a Kodi plugin for myself a while ago but have long since stopped using Kodi and just use Plex with my Apple TV now. If you want I could post it up for you to play with, it worked quite well when I was using it.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:54 am
docp offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I wrote a Kodi plugin for myself a while ago but have long since stopped using Kodi and just use Plex with my Apple TV now. If you want I could post it up for you to play with, it worked quite well when I was using it.

Hi there

Thank you very much for the offer - it is very kind of you. I have also decided to settle with plex. The available plugin works pretty well I think.

Thank you again!

Page 1 of 1