Periodicly no response from HUB

Posted on
Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:30 am
haavarda offline

Periodicly no response from HUB

So I have taken the step fully and pulled the cord of my Vera. I have created new actions for all my harmony control.
The strange thing is that sometimes the harmony is not reacting when I run a activity. It is not showing any errors. Every time I run a activity it says
Code: Select all
,errorCode = 200, errorString = OK
I am also having issues to sync the HUB, but after a reload of the plugin it is syncing. When I was running the Harmony app for Vera it was rock solid, but I dont know the difference between the to plugins...

Any tips on how to investigate further?

Håvard

Posted on
Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:39 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Periodicly no response from HUB

Please post the the complete log file segment around the time of the Activity commands. That little snippet doesn't tell me anything.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:41 am
haavarda offline

Thanks for your quick response. What kind of debug mode?

Håvard

Posted on
Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:55 am
haavarda offline

As I said earlier it is periodically, so extra fun to diagnose... :( . I have copied some activity commands below. Notice the time out in the beginning. I am thinking of doing a factory reset of the hub. What do you think?

Code: Select all
Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Ultimate HUB: Start Activity - Hør på SONOS

Nov24 2016 12:47:21
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Ultimate HUB: Time out in hub.client.startActivity

Nov24 2016 12:47:51
   WebServer                       request to execute "Universalfjernkontroll" control #14 from 80.254.154.91
   Action Group                    Harmony HUB - Power OFF
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Ultimate HUB: Power Off

Nov24 2016 12:48:23
   WebServer                       request to execute "Universalfjernkontroll" control #20 from 80.254.154.91
   Action Group                    Harmony HUB - Listen to SONOS
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Ultimate HUB: Start Activity - Hør på SONOS
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Ultimate HUB: messageHandler: Event state notify, activityId = 15935745, activityStatus = 1
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Ultimate HUB: messageHandler: Event state notify, activityId = 15935745, activityStatus = 2
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Ultimate HUB: messageHandler: Event startActivityFinished, activityId = 15935745, errorCode = 200, errorString = OK
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Ultimate HUB: messageHandler: Event state notify, activityId = 15935745, activityStatus = 2

Nov24 2016 12:48:51
   WebServer                       request to execute "Universalfjernkontroll" control #14 from 80.254.154.91
   Action Group                    Harmony HUB - Power OFF
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Ultimate HUB: Power Off
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Ultimate HUB: messageHandler: Event state notify, activityId = 15935745, activityStatus = 3
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Ultimate HUB: messageHandler: Event state notify, activityId = -1, activityStatus = 0
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Ultimate HUB: messageHandler: Event startActivityFinished, activityId = -1, errorCode = 200, errorString = OK
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Ultimate HUB: messageHandler: Event state notify, activityId = -1, activityStatus = 0

Håvard

Posted on
Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:43 am
FlyingDiver offline

I really have no idea what would be causing that timeout. Maybe resetting the hub would help, maybe not. Just pulling the power and letting it reboot might work.

The lines with the "errorCode = 200, errorString = OK" on them aren't errors. You don't need to worry about them.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:43 am
haavarda offline

Well I have done some more testing. And the time out happens from time to time. Not sure what happens, but this never happened when I used the plugin on the vera. Can it be that it looses connection or "goes to sleep"? Any tips on how to dig more in to this?

Håvard

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:03 am
FlyingDiver offline

That message is reporting a timeout from the low level xmpp messaging framework. It may or may not mean anything useful.

Does your activity change not happen when you get that message? Does it only happen on specific activity changes, or only when the hub has been inactive for an extended time? Or does it happen when you're sending a bunch of commands?

I could possibly attempt to send the command again when I get that specific error. I'd need to be careful how many times it retries.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:26 am
ryanbuckner offline

I have a similar problem. Most of the time t works flawlessly but every once in a while Alexa says "OK", sends the command, and nothing happens.

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:17 am
FlyingDiver offline

ryanbuckner wrote:
I have a similar problem. Most of the time t works flawlessly but every once in a while Alexa says "OK", sends the command, and nothing happens.

And you get that same message in the log when that happens?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:19 am
haavarda offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
That message is reporting a timeout from the low level xmpp messaging framework. It may or may not mean anything useful.

Does your activity change not happen when you get that message? Does it only happen on specific activity changes, or only when the hub has been inactive for an extended time? Or does it happen when you're sending a bunch of commands?

I could possibly attempt to send the command again when I get that specific error. I'd need to be careful how many times it retries.

I don't think it is activity based. I don't think it ever has happened just after it has been working. It seams as it happens after some time. And if I try again some times it starts to work again. I don't think a bunch of commands is affecting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Håvard

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:17 pm
FlyingDiver offline

OK, I released a version that does retries when it gets that timeout error on starting an activity. It does not yet have retries on any individual commands.

https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-H ... tag/v7.0.1

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:25 am
haavarda offline

Thanks for the update. I have installed it, and will report back with what I experience.

Håvard

Page 1 of 1