Harmony Hub plugin

Posted on
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:05 pm
mortenkols offline

Re: Harmony Hub plugin

BeeEss wrote:
So I think I've found the problem, and it doesn't appear to be with the plugin. Buried deep in the settings for the Harmony device there's a "Command Repeats" option, which (presumably) does exactly what it says: adjust the number of repeat commands the hub sends for each button press. But for some reason, my Harmony hub won't save my selection - I change it to zero and save/sync, but when I go back in it is still set at 3. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my preferred setting to actually save in the hub. But the debug for the plugin shows that only one button is pressed, so I'm thinking this is an issue on Logitech's side.

Have you found a solution for this? i have the same problem. If I send a -select- command, it become a long press, instead of a short press.

Posted on
Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:02 am
durosity offline

I had this problem and I *think* it was solved by removing the app and reinstalling it.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:24 am
mortenkols offline

durosity wrote:
I had this problem and I *think* it was solved by removing the app and reinstalling it.

I tried reinstalling Harmony on my iPhone, but it is the same problem. The app on my iPhone works well, it only repeats the IR commands with the plugin.

Posted on
Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:33 am
durosity offline

So if you go into the settings for the device and adjust the command repeats it shows as 1 but when doing an action from the plugin it does more?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:55 am
mortenkols offline

BeeEss wrote:
Is anyone using the plugin to send IR commands to an Apple TV 4 via Harmony Hub? I'm having a weird problem - if I send, say, a "Left" command, it somehow gets translated as two "Lefts" - so my Apple TV cursor jumps left two spaces (this is via a server action on a Control Page static image.) The same is true for all of the direction buttons and I think most of the other commands as well. If anyone knows what I may have done wrong (or if I can post any logs, etc to help run it down) I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Command repeats for Apple TV is set to 1, if i set it to 0 and save, it goes back to 1.

I have the same problem as BeeEss describes.

Any suggestions ?

Posted on
Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:00 am
FlyingDiver offline

mortenkols wrote:
Command repeats for Apple TV is set to 1, if i set it to 0 and save, it goes back to 1.

I have the same problem as BeeEss describes.

Any suggestions ?

I suspect that 0 is not valid, so it's changing it to 1. What would 0 mean? Send the command 0 times?

First thing to do is determine if somehow the plugin is sending the command the wrong number of times. Please enable debugging and post the log at the time you have Indigo send the suspect command.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:00 pm
mortenkols offline

Action Group APPLE TV - SELECT
Harmony Hub Debug Harmony Hub - Kjeller: sendDeviceCommand: Select to 27704439
Action Group APPLE TV - SELECT
Harmony Hub Debug Harmony Hub - Kjeller: sendDeviceCommand: Select to 27704439
Action Group APPLE TV - RIGHT
Harmony Hub Debug Harmony Hub - Kjeller: sendDeviceCommand: DirectionRight to 27704439

Is there more i can do to help?

Posted on
Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:05 pm
mortenkols offline

If i change command repeats to 3 in the harmony app, the same happens with the app, one step to the right becomes 2 steps to the right..

Posted on
Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:58 pm
FlyingDiver offline

mortenkols wrote:
Code: Select all
Action Group                    APPLE TV - SELECT
Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Kjeller: sendDeviceCommand: Select to 27704439
Action Group                    APPLE TV - SELECT
Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Kjeller: sendDeviceCommand: Select to 27704439
Action Group                    APPLE TV - RIGHT
Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Kjeller: sendDeviceCommand: DirectionRight to 27704439

Is there more i can do to help?

I only see one DirectionRight coming from the plugin. So I have to conclude this is not a plugin issue.

Can you start a thread on this in a more appropriate forum?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:14 pm
mortenkols offline

If i use the harmony app or the remote control, there is no problem. its only with the plugin this happens.

Trying to send select to my tuner, then nothing happen. But everything works with remote and app.

debug for the tuner.

Harmony Hub Debug Harmony Hub - Kjeller: sendDeviceCommand: Select to 27704435

Posted on
Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:14 pm
Different Computers offline

Finally, finally had an afternoon home early from work and time to call Logitech. So my activities are actually working rather than limping.

Now I'm trying to install the plugin.
Got pip installed.
Googled how to use it to install.

pip install sleekxmpp

Gives me a bunch of stuff, but then this in red:

Command "/usr/bin/python -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/private/var/folders/ts/jyctrlts01q_8jzmv8s_zv0m0000gp/T/pip-build-
BIjTu9/sleekxmpp/setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record
/var/folders/ts/jyctrlts01q_8jzmv8s_zv0m0000gp/T/pip-kalvV2-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile" failed with error code 1 in
/private/var/folders/ts/jyctrlts01q_8jzmv8s_zv0m0000gp/T/pip-build-BIjTu9/sleekxmpp/

And requests did this:
Collecting requests
  Downloading requests-2.11.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (514kB)
    100% |████████████████████████████████| 522kB 730kB/s
Installing collected packages: requests
Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pip-8.1.2-py2.7.egg/pip/basecommand.py", line 215, in main
    status = self.run(options, args)
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pip-8.1.2-py2.7.egg/pip/commands/install.py", line 317, in run
    prefix=options.prefix_path,
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pip-8.1.2-py2.7.egg/pip/req/req_set.py", line 742, in install
    **kwargs
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pip-8.1.2-py2.7.egg/pip/req/req_install.py", line 831, in install
    self.move_wheel_files(self.source_dir, root=root, prefix=prefix)
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pip-8.1.2-py2.7.egg/pip/req/req_install.py", line 1032, in move_wheel_files
    isolated=self.isolated,
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pip-8.1.2-py2.7.egg/pip/wheel.py", line 346, in move_wheel_files
    clobber(source, lib_dir, True)
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pip-8.1.2-py2.7.egg/pip/wheel.py", line 317, in clobber
    ensure_dir(destdir)
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pip-8.1.2-py2.7.egg/pip/utils/__init__.py", line 83, in ensure_dir
    os.makedirs(path)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 157, in makedirs
    mkdir(name, mode)
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/requests'

Help?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:21 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Are you doing those install commands with sudo?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:00 pm

Aha!

Nope, I'll try them again. I've never used pip.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:30 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Yeah, system level Python libraries need to be installed as root. Hence, sudo.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:42 pm

looks like I got it once I realized it was "requests" not "results" and the -H flag.