Posted on
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:04 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Better Email Q&A

ghenne wrote:
I see Email Scanned messages.

Code: Select all
Jan 15, 2018 at 5:20:05 AM
  Email Scanned                   from "service@intl.paypal.com"; subject "Payment Skipped"

That's from the Indigo built-in email scanner, not from BetterEmail. If you want to use the BetterEmail triggers, you need to turn off the built-in scanner and configure a BetterEmail POP or IMAP device.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:37 pm
ghenne offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
That's from the Indigo built-in email scanner, not from BetterEmail. If you want to use the BetterEmail triggers, you need to turn off the built-in scanner and configure a BetterEmail POP or IMAP device.

I have IMAP configured in Preferences in the Mail tab. Does BetterMail have its own configuration? Where?

(Is there documentation I should have found?)

Posted on
Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:40 pm
FlyingDiver offline

ghenne wrote:
I have IMAP configured in Preferences in the Mail tab. Does BetterMail have its own configuration? Where?

(Is there documentation I should have found?)

Like I said, BetterEmail is totally independent of the Indigo built-in email system. BetterEmail uses Indigo devices to represent each server you want to use. If you want to handle mail on an IMAP server, you create a BetterEmail device of type "IMAP Server".

This thread, and the thread for the Indigo 6 version, are the best resource: viewtopic.php?f=211&t=14411

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:28 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Just released version 7.2.0, available from the Plugin Store or GitHub.

https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-B ... /tag/7.2.0

Added timeout code to restart IDLE connections
New MessageTo states in IMAP and POP devices
Removed GHPU entirely
Log messages updated

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:26 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Release 7.2.4 is now available.

Handle null flags (Gmail)

Allow message search for HTML-only emails (no plain text alternative).

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:48 pm
Gangotti offline

First, let me say this is a great plugin. I am wondering if there is a way to do a partial string match. I am using alarm.com currently and I have it sending notifications to Indigo. In Indigo I have the better email plugin triggering indigo with a string match in email event. The email is coming has a subject of " Vegas Home: The Kitchen Door was Opened at 11:02 am" With the time in the subject and the message body it makes it so the trigger will not work. Is there a way for the event to trigger if a section of the string is in the subject? I.e. "Vegas Home: The Kitchen Door was Opened at"

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Posted on
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:16 am
FlyingDiver offline

Gangotti wrote:
First, let me say this is a great plugin. I am wondering if there is a way to do a partial string match. I am using alarm.com currently and I have it sending notifications to Indigo. In Indigo I have the better email plugin triggering indigo with a string match in email event. The email is coming has a subject of " Vegas Home: The Kitchen Door was Opened at 11:02 am" With the time in the subject and the message body it makes it so the trigger will not work. Is there a way for the event to trigger if a section of the string is in the subject? I.e. "Vegas Home: The Kitchen Door was Opened at"

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Use the regex match for partial matches. Lots of examples for regex on the net.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:38 am
pgershon offline

I am just trying to set-up Better Email since my FIOS email on the regular client stopped working. Using MacMini running 10.13. When I install Better Email, I get errors in the log rapid-fire and need to deactivate. Any ideas?

Reloading plugin "Better Email 7.2.4"
Starting plugin "Better Email 7.2.4" (pid 85010)
Error receive socket select() 22 error

Posted on
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:45 pm
FlyingDiver offline

pgershon wrote:
I am just trying to set-up Better Email since my FIOS email on the regular client stopped working. Using MacMini running 10.13. When I install Better Email, I get errors in the log rapid-fire and need to deactivate. Any ideas?

Reloading plugin "Better Email 7.2.4"
Starting plugin "Better Email 7.2.4" (pid 85010)

Is that before you created any devices? If not, what devices have you created? Show the device configuration.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:02 pm
joel.snyder offline

Can the Action List text be updated to include more informat

In the basic Indigo mail sender, an action shows up in the Action list as something like:

"send email to <destination address> subject <subject line>"

Whereas with Better Email, the Action shows up as

"Send email"

Although the default Indigo email system is prone to clogging, honestly the action item list is more useful because it gives you an idea of what you are doing without having to dive into each item.

Is there a way for the plugin to provide a "better" text line? (If you can point me at API docs or a general approach, I'd be happy to try a pull request and update it; I just have never done a Plugin with actions so I don't even know if this is possible...

Thanks for a great plugin!

Joel

Posted on
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:20 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Can the Action List text be updated to include more info

joel.snyder wrote:
Is there a way for the plugin to provide a "better" text line? (If you can point me at API docs or a general approach, I'd be happy to try a pull request and update it; I just have never done a Plugin with actions so I don't even know if this is possible...

I honestly do not think it's possible. It's the difference between an action built into the Indigo server and a plugin. The server could pull some info from the action's pluginPrefs to show more detail there, but there's no API I've ever seen that would be used to do so.

I'd post in the Feature Request forum for an extension to the API to allow a plugin to supply a summary of an action for that UI.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:45 am
DaveL17 offline

Hi Joe - is it possible to designate the email format as HTML when using the plugin scripting API? I can successfully create an HTML formatted email through a plugin action no problem, but it seems like the API is plain text only. If that's the case, I'm happy to put in a feature request on Git.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:37 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Add “emailFormat”: “html” to the props in the script.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:21 pm
DaveL17 offline

Works perfect. Thanks. Considering some Better Email hooks within some of my plugins which would allow users to have the option of using Indigo's built-in method or yours.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:09 pm
mgolden50 offline

Hi Joe,

I'm having a problem getting B E to match an email subject with that same name in the settings. Heres the debug messages.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Mike

Code: Select all
 Better Email Debug              BentleyBentley31@gmail.com: Polling IMAP Server
   Better Email Debug              BentleyBentley31@gmail.com: Doing connect using encryptionType = SSL
   Better Email Debug              BentleyBentley31@gmail.com: Doing login()
   Better Email Debug              BentleyBentley31@gmail.com: Doing select()
   Better Email Debug              BentleyBentley31@gmail.com: Doing checkMsgs
   Better Email Debug              BentleyBentley31@gmail.com: checkMsgs - typ = OK, msg_ids = ['1 2 3']
   Better Email Debug              BentleyBentley31@gmail.com: Message # 1 already seen, skipping...
   Better Email Debug              BentleyBentley31@gmail.com: Message # 2 already seen, skipping...
   Better Email Debug              BentleyBentley31@gmail.com: Fetching Message # 3
   Better Email Debug              BentleyBentley31@gmail.com: Fetching Message # 3 Complete
   Better Email Debug              BentleyBentley31@gmail.com: Received Message Subject: Vehicle Locked!
   Better Email Debug              BentleyBentley31@gmail.com: Received Message From: MyUVO Notifications <reset@notifications.myuvo.com>
   Better Email Debug              BentleyBentley31@gmail.com: Received Message To: BentleyBentley31@gmail.com
   Better Email Debug              BentleyBentley31@gmail.com: Received Message Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2020 11:50:19 -0700
   Better Email Debug              BentleyBentley31@gmail.com: Received Message ID: <16800570.78315@notifications.myuvo.com>
   Better Email Debug              triggerCheck: Checking Triggers for Device BentleyBentley31@gmail.com (963898916)
   Better Email Debug                 Checking Trigger Car Is Locked Email Received (1693525627), regexMatch
   Better Email Debug                    Checking Device State messageSubject for Pattern: Vehicle Locked!
Vehicle Locked!
Your vehicle is locked
   Better Email Debug                    No Match for Trigger Car Is Locked Email Received (1693525627)
   Better Email Debug              BentleyBentley31@gmail.com: checkMsgs complete
   Better Email Debug              BentleyBentley31@gmail.com: Logged out from IMAP server:

[attachment=]Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 11.47.59 AM.png[/attachment]