Action group "Doesn't Support Dimming" via Routine

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:27 pm
gt3mike offline

Action group "Doesn't Support Dimming" via Routine

I'm using plugin version 3.0.23 and I've added an Indigo Action Group as an Alexa Device. Turning it on directly using the "Alexa, turn on ______" syntax works fine.

But if I set up an Alexa Routine to turn it on, I get this error:
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error Request received from 'Living Room Dot':57963: Alexa Device "______" doesn't support dimming.

I have the Routine configured to turn it on to 100% brightness. I don't see any option to simply turn it on.

Am I missing something? Is something set up incorrectly?

Workaround: I set up the Alexa Device to also invoke the same Action Group when it is turned off. When I configure the Routine, if I set it to turn the Alexa Device off to 0% brightness, my action group is invoked correctly. This isn't a terrible workaround, but it probably won't work in every scenario.

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:38 pm
autolog offline

Re: Action group "Doesn't Support Dimming" via Routine

In version 3.0.23, when defining an Alexa Device as an Indigo Action, you can specify the Indigo Dim Action as HANDLE DIM AS ON/OFF.

This was added to specifically handle the Routines because as you say there isn't a way to only turn on or off AFAICS. :)

Also see the V 3.0.23 Pre-Release Notes on Github: 3.0.23 Release - Requires Indigo 7

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:51 pm
gt3mike offline

Re: Action group "Doesn't Support Dimming" via Routine

Bingo! I knew it was ringing a bell, but I couldn't recall where to find the setting.
Thanks!

Page 1 of 1