Beginners Guide: Sonos One w/Alexa and Alexa Hue-Bridge

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:37 am
autolog offline

Re: Beginners Guide: Sonos One w/Alexa and Alexa Hue-Bridge

peteajr wrote:
OK. Thanks. I'll get an Echo and see what happens.
Thanks all for your patience with me. :oops:

No problem - let us know how you get on with the Echo. :)

Posted on
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:43 pm
peteajr offline

Installed new Echo Dot. Same result: I couldn’t find any smart home devices. If you have Phillips Hue press the button and run discovery.
Next step: Insteon Hub 2245-222

Posted on
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:50 pm
peteajr offline

Ok. Some success here. It seems that the app Phillips Hue is key to getting discovery to happen between Hue Bridge and Alexa. (Should I have known this from the beginning?) I downloaded the app to my iPhone and got it talking to the Hue Bridge.
Alexa, discover devices.
okay I found 11 scenes.

It happens that I had 11 devices to discover within Indigo not scenes but at this point who cares, there seemed to be progress. I opened the Alexa App on my iPhone and there are now 11 devices in the Smarthome section. I tested most of them and Alexa responds to the requests. There were also 11 scenes in the Alexa app none of them seemed to do anything but not sure how to delete them.
Given that the Indigo plugin is a Hue Bridge emulator it kind of makes sense that Hue Bridge app has to be present in order for communication to happen.
This is a start. Now on to explore Alexa Smarthome groups to see if I can set up scenes.
Hope this will help others who are trying to do this.
oh and BTW this is able to control a few X10 devices that I have listed in Indigo!

Posted on
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:55 am
Nightmusic offline

Hi Peteajr,

I digging out this topic, since I'm in exact same situation (Trying to control Indigo from Alexa thu Sonos one). I understood that Sonos one isn't basically supported with the Virtual Hue bridge, but indeed, it sounds logical to use Phillips Hue app to recognize the bridge in indigo, at least for the tests sake...which I tried, but with no success unfortunately.
So I'm wondering, now after more than a year from your last post, did you manage to make it work it in the end, and if so, how?
Thanks