Alexa query and report back humidity levels

Posted on
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:49 pm
Minot offline

Alexa query and report back humidity levels

Hi, I love this plug-in and use it extensively to turn on / off / control devices. I'm trying to get Alexa to query my humidity readings from several Multisensor 6 devices and report back readings. Has anyone figured out how to do this? It seems the Alexa-Hue bridge is great to control devices, but can't read variables and report back on them. After humidity was going to try the same with my electrical meters. Thx for all the work and help with this plug-in, it's awesome.

Posted on
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:50 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Alexa query and report back humidity levels

This plugin works by pretending to be a Hue hub. Hue hubs only know how to communicate with lights (on/off/dim) so the plugin can only support those types of devices and their capabilities.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:13 am
MarcoGT offline

jay (support) wrote:
This plugin works by pretending to be a Hue hub. Hue hubs only know how to communicate with lights (on/off/dim) so the plugin can only support those types of devices and their capabilities.

Does it mean that I can actually buy a Hue bulb and controlling with this plugin without having the real (hardware) Hue hub?

Posted on
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:53 am
autolog offline

MarcoGT wrote:
jay (support) wrote:

Does it mean that I can actually buy a Hue bulb and controlling with this plugin without having the real (hardware) Hue hub?

No is the quick answer. :)

As Jay said, the plugin is pretending to be a Hue hub and Alexa thinks she is turning on/off/ dimming Hue bulbs. The plugin takes those on/off/ dimming requests and applies them to either Indigo devices or Indigo actions (this can give more flexibility as you can do anything with an action). To control a Hue bulb requires a hub and the Hue Lights plugin

If you want to control a colour light withoutout a hub, you could try a LIFX lamp (there is the LIFX plugin for controlling those). :)

Page 1 of 1