Lovin it but...

Posted on
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:09 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Lovin it but...

Do love the updated plugin but am having some issues.
A lot of my devices are being reported, verbally by Alexa, to be disabled or not responding.
They are working fine within Indigo and are definitely not disabled in the Alexa app.

So far I have 3 bridges setup. Lot's of devices spread across all three are working but about a dozen are not.
I've tried deleting and re-adding but no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:02 pm
autolog offline

Re: Lovin it but...

Hi Carl,
There is a revised version of the plugin (Release Candidate V3.0.17) accessible from the main Github page: https://github.com/IndigoDomotics/alexa-hue-bridge. To install, Click the green Clone or Download button, then Download Zip. Expand the downloaded zip file (click it), then open the created folder (alexa-hue-bridge-master - note that it may have a trailing number) and then double click the plugin to install. :)

It has a number of improvements over the existing production version - mainly stability and bug fixes and one new feature - Disable Alexa by Variable.

It is now documented in the WIKI: https://github.com/IndigoDomotics/alexa-hue-bridge/wiki

As a starter I would suggest installing this Release Candidate version. Then on your Apple Mac, log onto your Alexa account using your web browser at address https://alexa.amazon.com and via the left hand window, navigate to Smart Home and then Devices. Scroll to the bottom of the devices window and do a Forget All. Please note that It appears you can't now do this "forgetting" via the iOS App. :|

Once all the devices are forgotten, Ask Alexa (by speaking to your Echo), to "Discover Devices". Hopefully the combination of the new version and forgetting your devices, will resolve your problems. :)

As an aside, I have discovered through recent testing that once Alexa has discovered a device, it remembers the port on which the Alexa-Hue Bridge was working e.g. address = 8178. If this is changed for any reason, then Alexa can't communicate with the plugin and no messages are received. The only way I have discovered to resolve this is to do a re-discovery. Alexa will most likely report that she hasn't found any new devices but the devices will now start working.

Let me know how you get on. This Release Candidate version will likely be the official release within a day or so. :)

Posted on
Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:51 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Thanks a bunch Jon. Everything seems to be working great now.

Carl

Posted on
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:21 am
autolog offline

ckeyes888 wrote:
Thanks a bunch Jon. Everything seems to be working great now.

Thanks for letting me know. :)

Page 1 of 1