Alexa Hue-Bridge v3.0.11 won't allow actions to be set up

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:18 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Alexa Hue-Bridge v3.0.11 won't allow actions to be set u

Yea, I think some of those devices may have gotten removed while I've been transitioning from HBB to HKB now that I look at the ID's a bit more.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:12 am
autolog offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Yea, I think some of those devices may have gotten removed while I've been transitioning from HBB to HKB now that I look at the ID's a bit more.

I think there are actually two different problems evident in your log. One of which is missing device ids and the other is non-thread-safe code. :|

Some of the code (in the HttpRequestHandler) isn't thread-safe. I think this explains why once I filtered out non-Echo network traffic, the plugin became more reliable. I have got some Yamaha Musiccast speakers which output a lot of uPnP traffic which the plugin was picking up. So I think what was happening, was that a request from Alexa would arrive and then get "nuked" by other uPnP traffic. This would result in the "device is not responding" messages.

Currently working on 3.0.27 in an effort to fix it. :)

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:24 pm
autolog offline

Version 3.0.27 now available - see announcement :)

Posted on
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:51 pm
mgolden50 offline

Hi,

All of these changes to support Indigo actions have been working great for months.

But with the upgrade to Indigo 7.2 and the change by Amazon in the devices and routines UI I'm suddenly getting this error repeating many times in my log.
Interestingly, the Alexa routines and associated actions continue to work in spite of the error messages. The Alexa app now shows a red dot and the phrase "there was a problem" on every "device" and their is a ret dot also with the device/action command associated with each routine.

Not sure if Ive done something wrong or this relates to the above updates.

any help is appreciated.

Alexa-Hue Bridge Error StandardError detected in HttpdRequestHandler for 'self.ahbDev.name'. Line '185' has error='must be string or buffer, not None'
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error StandardError detected in HttpdRequestHandler for 'Alexa Hue-Bridge 09'. Line '185' has error='must be string or buffer, not None'
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error getHueDeviceJSON exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/Alexa-Hue Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/hue_listener.py", line 331, in getHueDeviceJSON
self.alexaDeviceNameKey = PLUGIN.globals['alexaHueBridge'][p1_ahbDevId]['hashKeys'][p3_alexaDeviceHashedKey]
KeyError: 'a0f340c8e049c0b80e75723e5cd0f301cba4f2dd5c73a1eb93e22735f5b2cf2d'

Thx

Mike

Posted on
Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:14 pm
mgolden50 offline

Never mind--
sorry for the necessary post. I solved the problem.

Thx

Mike

Posted on
Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:17 am
mvignola29 offline

Hi Mike

How did you solve the problem, I am getting the same errors.
Any help is appreciated

Posted on
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:46 am
mgolden50 offline

Turns out I haven't fully resolved the issue. But I was able to stop the error messages from flooding my log.

That solution was discovering that I needed to delete the actions from Hue-Bridge that were causing the errors and recreate those actions. In the Alexa app I also deleted those commands from Devices and re-discovered them. Those actions now work properly without error messages.

However, in the app every Hue "Light" command says still says "there is a problem". I have no idea what the app doesn't like about the actions. Especially since the actions seem to work.