Alexa has Quit

Posted on
Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:45 am
Pilott28 offline

Re: Alexa has Quit

I'm going to try this again today. I am going to reboot the machine and then reload the plug-in. Since error logging is on already, I won't need to reload that.

I'll wait around 15 minutes before I do a "discover devices" to the log will be clear if it got a request or not. As I read the log, I'm not seeing any call from Alexa but I'll try to revalidate that.

If we don't see a response in the Hue log, any thoughts as to what might be wrong on the Alexa end? In the plugin code, does the user: statement referring to Android mean it senses the presence of Alexa?

Posted on
Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:55 am
autolog offline

Do you know (or can you find out) the IP Address of your Amazon Echo?

You can then search for that IP address in the debug log.

I don't think the Android device is the Amazon Echo - I suspect that you have another Android device on your network e.g. mobile phone.

You mentioned previously that you are using wi-fi to your Apple Mac. Is your wi-fi signal good - what TxRate are you getting (hold down the Alt key and click on the wifi wafer symbol in the menu bar)?

Posted on
Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:32 am
Pilott28 offline

Here is the new plugin log. I simply rebooted the machine and when Indigo came up, I reloaded the plugin. The log looks very different from the last one I sent you.

I tried several times during the day to "discover devices" to no avail. I don't see any evidence in the log that the query is making it through to the plugin. All the entries in the log occur during a few minutes at the reload of the plugin.

I'm getting just over 14 mbs at the computer.

All my phones and computers are mac with the exception of one windows tower. I do have a variety of other devices, however, such as a robot vac, AV equipment, etc.....

I did go the the Alexa app on the iphone and the previously discovered devices are still there, from the time that things were working. When I re-discover, they show as offline. This further points to the fact that the Hue Bridge is not communicating with Alexa.

All other Indigo features are working fine.
Attachments
plugin.log
(75.32 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Posted on
Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:30 am
autolog offline

Is the number 14 from the TX Rate in Mbps having pressed the alt key and clicked on the wi-fi icon in the menu bar?
If so that isn't very fast - I am getting 300 from my wi-fi on a 2012 MacBook Air.

Is your ethernet port active as well? It might be worthwhile overriding and specifying the host IP in the plugin config.

Also is there any opportunity to connect your mac via ethernet cable and test with that?

I am clutching a straws here :?

Posted on
Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:19 pm
Pilott28 offline

14 isn't bad. It's enough to stream HD to the home theater we have. We live in the mountains, so 24 is the max speed at the router.

I don't have ethernet available at the location where the Indigo machine is located. It has to be away from the other computers to get a good signal for the x10 devices. I don't think this is the issue anyhow, as everything worked fine for about four months before it quit working. My bet is that something changed somewhere in the software infrastructure and I now have an incompatibility somewhere. Frustrating.