iTunes Control or I/O Module support

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:02 pm
kcossabo offline

iTunes Control or I/O Module support

Playing with the plugin, to get Alexa to turn on/off iTunes (prefer by script to insure correct play list)

I first tried set up a iTunes device, but the HUE plugin did not see it as a device.
Next I tried to put I/O sensors back to back so that one is control the other is sense. If I open the control, iTunes starts, closing it stops.... but I can not select the i/o controller in the Hue device set up.

Any idea how to do this?

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:50 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: iTunes Control or I/O Module support

Set up a virtual device to control iTunes. You should be able to control it with Alexa, and you can set up whatever actions or scripts you need to start/stop it.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:14 pm
kcossabo offline

should,

Well I have no Idea how to do it. I have a virtual device, and It does not come up as a device when I try to create the the HUE device.

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:37 pm
FlyingDiver offline

kcossabo wrote:
should,

Well I have no Idea how to do it. I have a virtual device, and It does not come up as a device when I try to create the the HUE device.

What Hue device are you trying to create? You're not using the Hue plugin by mistake, are you? You use the Alex-Hue Bridge plugin, create an "Emulated Hue Bridge" device, then "publish" your Virtual Device in the config dialog for the bridge device. If you do that, and On/Off virtual device will be in the "Device to publish" popup.

Like this:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 6.35.47 PM 1-2.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 6.35.47 PM 1-2.png (347.32 KiB) Viewed 1452 times

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:45 pm
kcossabo offline

I think I got, Thank you

1) Create an 'Action Group' where the group controls the I/O
1.1) One for on
1.2) one for off
2) Create Virtual on/off Device in Device
2.1)set on and off group to the ones above
3) Create new Device 'Alexa-Hue Bridge'
3.1) use the Virtual Device created in step 2 as the device for Alexa to control

Right now I am using the back to back I/O controller but will play to see if I can do this virtually with out them. The control of the I/O is good for another application, as I control my outside speakers via an i/o module, so I should be able to get Alexa to 'Turn on Front_Speakers'...?

Page 1 of 1