New Plugin Losing Connection

Posted on
Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:48 am
autolog offline

Re: New Plugin Losing Connection

pbaperez wrote:
,,, I sent my logs in a PM but haven't heard back. Hoping this pings you. ...

I have had a look at the logs and the only thing that strikes me is that you have the Sonos plugin running and the Alex-Hue bridge shows a lot of interaction with messages being received from the Sonos plugin. Possibly the Sonos plugin is interfering with the Alexa-Hue Bridge discovery. Have you run the command to check port 1900 usage - see sticky post.

You said earlier in this thread:
I'm using 2.0.8. It works for a few minutes, if at all, immediately following a reload or complete restart of Indigo.

Can you define what you mean by "it works": Have you been able to discover devices and are you at any point able to turn them on and off via Alexa?

Posted on
Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:12 pm
pbaperez offline

autolog wrote:
pbaperez wrote:

I have had a look at the logs and the only thing that strikes me is that you have the Sonos plugin running and the Alex-Hue bridge shows a lot of interaction with messages being received from the Sonos plugin. Possibly the Sonos plugin is interfering with the Alexa-Hue Bridge discovery. Have you run the command to check port 1900 usage - see sticky post.

I'm using 2.0.8. It works for a few minutes, if at all, immediately following a reload or complete restart of Indigo.

Can you define what you mean by "it works": Have you been able to discover devices and are you at any point able to turn them on and off via Alexa?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 pm
pbaperez offline

autolog wrote:
pbaperez wrote:

Sorry, didn't realize my response wasn't included. It has no problem discovering devices but it stops responding within minutes. I updated the plugin and it's discovering more devices than I have. I should have just stayed on indigo 6.

Thanks for your help.

Btw, I ran that terminal command and my Plex was the only thing running so I turned it off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:47 pm
pbaperez offline

I'm still having trouble with this plug in and it seems the only fix is to restart the plug in. Is there a way to restart the plug in automatically at a set interval?

Thanks,
Paul

Posted on
Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:43 am
autolog offline

Hi Paul,
Try this script:
Code: Select all
plugin = indigo.server.getPlugin("com.indigodomo.opensource.alexa-hue-bridge")
if plugin.isEnabled():
   plugin.restart()
You can run it on a schedule (set it up in the schedule as a Server Action to run a script). :)

Posted on
Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:33 am
pbaperez offline

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wow. Small thing but I never knew what to do with scripts like that. Thank you!!!

Posted on
Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:36 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

What other plugins do you have enabled? And, what specifically is the trouble you're having?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:56 pm
tornado offline

FWIW I'm having the same exact issue. The behavior is that Alex can't find devices after a certain amount of time. The plugin appears to be loaded. I tell Alexa to discover devices and she can't find any. Finally after reloading the plugin it just works. This didn't happen with the older version. I can do more troubleshooting if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

Posted on
Wed May 24, 2017 1:14 pm
tornado offline

Just bumping this. I have everything up to date and the Echo still keeps forgetting about my devices.. Not sure where the issue is but I'm willing to test anything people have. I have the plugin reloading every night but it doesn't seem to help this as I don't think the Echo auto-rediscovers at any schedule...

Posted on
Wed May 24, 2017 5:00 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Sorry, I don't have any ideas, but then again I didn't really work on the new version of the plugin.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu May 25, 2017 5:22 am
johnfdl offline

tornado wrote:
Just bumping this. I have everything up to date and the Echo still keeps forgetting about my devices.. Not sure where the issue is but I'm willing to test anything people have. I have the plugin reloading every night but it doesn't seem to help this as I don't think the Echo auto-rediscovers at any schedule...
The Echo should not be forgetting your devices, it should just show them as offline. I have a Stereo which can be reached only when it's on. If it's off, Alexa just says the device isn't responding. But it doesn't require any rediscovery to get her to control it the next time when it is on. So are you saying that even if you reload the plug-in, you have to (have Alexa) re-discover devices before she can control them again? This seems odd.

Posted on
Thu May 25, 2017 7:04 am
autolog offline

My internet has been down for the last couple of days (modem went u/s after 5 years of continuous use) otherwise I would have responded sooner. Alexa has been telling me that she was having problems understanding me at the moment and to try again later. :wink:

Anyway, enough of my internet issues, can you give a bit more detail on the problem you are having?

When you say that the " Echo still keeps forgetting about my devices", what are the symptoms? Does the device disappear from the Alexa App?

What does the Echo say when you try and control one of the devices that has "disappeared"?

Do you have discovery left on for the Alexa-Hue Bridge device(s)?

Have you tried the port 1900 test once the problem occurs? See sticky post on how to do the port 1900 check and access the logs.

You can PM me the logs to see if I can spot anything. It is probably best to turn on all logging in the plugin config, save and then reload the plugin so that I can see what happens from startup. PM me the logs once you experience the problem.

I'll try and help figure out what is going on. :D
Last edited by autolog on Thu May 25, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: correcting typo

Posted on
Sun May 28, 2017 4:20 pm
webdeck offline

For what it's worth, I have the same issue. After some period of time, the integration with Echo stops working until I restart the plugin, then it works for a while again. I'm running v2.0.11 and it always seems to die with this error:
2017-05-22 21:18:07.463 ERROR           Plugin.responder.run                       Responder.run: socket error: 65 - No route to host

Here's a day's log where you can see me starting it, see it work, then shortly thereafter see it die with that error:

2017-05-22 21:13:28.557 INFO            Plugin.general.__init__                  Alexa-Hue Bridge initialising . . .
2017-05-22 21:13:28.561 INFO            Plugin.general.closedPrefsConfigUi       Host IP Address overridden and specified as: '192.168.42.23'
2017-05-22 21:13:28.561 INFO            Plugin.general.closedPrefsConfigUi       Alexa discovery request logging disabled
2017-05-22 21:13:28.561 INFO            Plugin.general.setDebuggingLevels        No debugging requested
2017-05-22 21:13:28.577 INFO            Plugin.general.startup                   Alexa-Hue Bridge initialization complete
2017-05-22 21:13:28.583 INFO            Plugin.general.deviceStartComm           Hue Bridge 'Alexa Bridge' Host: 192.168.42.23
2017-05-22 21:13:28.705 INFO            Plugin.general.refreshDeviceList         'Alexa Bridge' has 23 devices published
2017-05-22 21:13:28.706 INFO            Plugin.general.deviceStartComm           Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Bridge' web server thread
2017-05-22 21:13:28.706 INFO            Plugin.general.deviceStartComm           Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Bridge' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
2017-05-22 21:13:47.520 INFO            Plugin.general.closedPrefsConfigUi       Host IP Address overridden and specified as: '192.168.42.23'
2017-05-22 21:13:47.521 INFO            Plugin.general.closedPrefsConfigUi       Alexa discovery request logging disabled
2017-05-22 21:13:47.521 INFO            Plugin.general.setDebuggingLevels        No debugging requested
2017-05-22 21:14:07.896 INFO            Plugin.general.refreshDeviceList         'Alexa Bridge' has 23 devices published
2017-05-22 21:14:50.048 INFO            Plugin.general.turnOnOffDevice           Set on state of device "Office Hall Light" to ON
2017-05-22 21:14:57.868 INFO            Plugin.general.turnOnOffDevice           Set on state of device "Office Hall Light" to OFF
2017-05-22 21:18:07.463 ERROR           Plugin.responder.run                       Responder.run: socket error: 65 - No route to host

Posted on
Sun May 28, 2017 4:32 pm
webdeck offline

Okay, maybe that error isn't causing it to die, because I see that no route to host error in today's log, but the plugin is still working...

Posted on
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:58 am
polycron offline

I am having this problem as well. Or at least something similar. I've turned on Debugging and will keep an eye on it to see if I can see any errors popping up.

When I go to the Alexa app I see that all of my devices that were published by the bridge are showing up as Offline. I can restart the plugin and do a rediscovery and then they will show up in the Alexa app fine....for a while. At some point it marks them as Offline again. If I restart the plugin the items still show as Offline however I can use the Echo and control items. As soon as I do, the items that I try to control from the echo switch from Offline to Online in the Alexa app.

I can't say when the issue first started happening. It may be network related since I just upgraded my network to a Netgear ORBI. Of course that may just be coincidental since my other devices are not having any issues.

Jeff