ZWave Scene Controller

Posted on
Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:37 am
howartp offline

ZWave Scene Controller

Introducing the ZWave Scene Controller plugin

This is an Indigo 7 plugin that I wrote early in the Indigo 7 beta process when developers had access to Zwave APIs but the UI hadn't been updated to support scene control. Since release, a number of users have made use of as new makes and models of scene controllers have come on the market that Indigo hasn't yet issued a device definition for.

For those wanting to jump straight in, the latest download link is always at the bottom of this post.

Current Features
  • Provide triggers to act on button presses on scene controller devices
  • Read-only support for Enerwave SCN7
  • Read-only support for Cooper RFWC5 - untested but should work!
  • Store the 'last pressed button' of a scene controller - and display in control pages
  • Group support - multiple controllers in one trigger

Coming soon
  • Interactive support for Enerwave and Cooper controllers - ie turn on the LED for a scene executed from Indigo
  • Store the 'last pressed button AND action' of a scene controller

Planned for later
  • -

Installation notes
This plugin creates a number of Trigger events under "Z-Wave Scene Controller events". You can combine these with indigo actions or action groups to perform device or scene activity upon press of a button.

The new release (v1.0.19 and above) provides a new 'dummy' device type called Z-Wave Scene Controller > Scene Controller. Most users won't need to create a dummy device , but there's no harm in doing so. As well as providing support for the Enerwave and Cooper devices, these new dummy devices will store the last-called scene (button & action) from the device including ZRC-90's.

Enerwave and Cooper users MUST create a dummy device to represent their actual device. THEN, you need to go to Indigo > Plugins > Z-Wave Scene Controller > Setup Scene Controller. Pick your dummy device and the model and hit Execute. This links the device to Indigo.

Known issues
  • Sometimes duplicate commands are received from Enerwave; I'm working on ignoring these but it's not straight forward. It's only a problem if you have triggers that toggle a device, as each duplicate will re-toggle the device back to its previous state,

Download link

ZWaveSceneController.IndigoPlugin

Those who have seen me around the forums will know I usually participate in the forums at least daily if not several times; however please be aware this is usually from my iPhone when I'm away from my desk. I will endeavour to support this plugin as quickly as possible, but (as with everyone) I have busy periods of the year when I'm simply not at my desk long enough to do all I'd like to, including fixing or updating plugin code, even if you see me actively responding to other threads.

Enjoy!

Peter

Posted on
Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:27 am
howartp offline

Re: ZWave Scene Controller

Version 1.0.8 is now live with the fix for the line 89 "list index out of range" error.

If you're on the Beta version, v1.0.18 is now live with the same fix.

Posted on
Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:12 am
howartp offline

Version 1.0.19 is now live to everyone, bringing preliminary support for Enerwave and Cooper devices.

Please see the release notes above about additional changes and additions.

Peter

Posted on
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:19 pm
howartp offline

Version 1.0.37 is now live, merging various releases from the beta channel all into one Live release so I don't confuse myself again.

I know it adds support for Basic Set (On/Off) devices that might not be supported by Indigo yet, but what else i've changed in 12 months I can't remember!

Posted on
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:07 pm
howartp offline

DON’T USE v1.0.37

I’ll fix tomorrow.

Posted on
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:37 pm
howartp offline

v1.0.38 uploaded with fix.

Posted on
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:04 pm
howartp offline

v1.0.39 is a pretty big update in usability though it's only a small change to the code.

This release adds group support, which means if you have multiple controllers in a room or around your house where one button does the same thing on each controller, you can now do it with one Trigger instead of duplicate Triggers for each controller.

It is backwards compatible so only the triggers you edit will be affected; the rest will continue as they are now.

Just edit any existing Scene Controller trigger and pick up to 5 devices for it to trigger on:

indigo_zwscgroup.png
indigo_zwscgroup.png (176.96 KiB) Viewed 8250 times

I'm using it in my bedroom where i've just added a second Remotec ZRC-90 controller by the door. I started duplicating all the triggers for Button 1 Click, Button 1 DoubleClick, Button 2 Click.... and got bored - then realised it wouldn't take much to extend the plugin to support this natively.

Give it a go and let me know before I push it to the Plugin Store.

Posted on
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:28 pm
howartp offline

v1.0.40 pushed with minor UI labelling fix.

Page 1 of 1