ZWave Scene Controller

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:06 am
immergruen offline

Re: ZWave Scene Controller

Dear Peter,

I would like to thank you so much for your Plugin.
I´ve managed today the scenes of the Fibaro "The Button" and the Devolo Smart Switch.

It´s working perfectly. :mrgreen:

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:35 pm
resnick offline

OK, consider me mystified. I installed the plugin to try to use it with my Enerwave ZWN-SC7 and/or my Leviton VRCS4-MRZ, and I am at a loss to figure out what to do. The plugin is installed, I've got debugging enabled, but I see nothing by way of UI or interesting events in the log. What am I looking for?

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:55 pm
howartp offline

Triggers > new > ZWave Scene command received

(Or something like that!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:06 pm
resnick offline

Ah, but there is no UI to set up the scenes on this controller. That's what I need. My device sits unconfigured and unable to generate any scene commands, AFAICT. http://enerwaveautomation.com/product_sheets/ZWN-SC7.pdf

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:13 pm
howartp offline

If the device exists in Indigo, even without a profile, and the device sends ZWave scene commands, the plugin will work.

Turn on plugin debug and press some buttons - should show in log?

Posted on
Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:54 am
richo offline

Great plugin, just saved me a lot of manual work :-) Thanks

Ryszard

Posted on
Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:13 pm
resnick offline

No joy in Mudville. Nothing in the log when pushing buttons, but it appears that the lights are flashing in such a way to indicate that the scenes are not configured. That appears to be my primary problem: I can't configure scenes into the device. Any further ideas?

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:16 am
howartp offline

Apologies, Ive just read the instruction manual and also re-read Matt's reply to you in the other thread.

It appears he's correct, the SC7 is not sending either of the Basic Scene or Central Scene commands that most scene controllers use (e.g. "Activate scene 3").

It's sending something like "what is scene 3?" and expecting a reply from Indigo saying "Scene 3 is..." which neither my plugin or Indigo are coded for at present.

I'll have a look in due course whether I can make sense of the requirements and whether it's possible to add it, but please don't hold your breath.

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:26 pm
pdmjr offline

Hello, One of the big things for me is to get rid of the insteon 6 button and 8 button controllers, I have almost a 100% failure rate over the years and only have 2 left in the home at this time. Wife would kill me if I installed a new one! I have replaced the bad ones with the new z-wave plus switches and am going without some of the flexibility of the other buttons for now. I am hoping for the ability to soon be able to use the double and triple tap features, that would solve the vast majority of scenes as on most of the insteon controllers I was not using all the buttons. In switching over to z-wave I am just going to stick with the gen 5 product. Up until now there did not seem to be any gen 5 scene controllers but the ZRC-90 seems like it is working at least with your plug-in. It seems that the software took a big leap in supporting z-wave in version 7. Hopefully this will continue! So the question for Howartp is will this plug in work with future scene controllers (gen 5) that may likely be coming out soon? I know the cooper switches are being converted over although not sure of the time frame. My supplier sells the current version.

Thanks for any info. For Matt and Jay, I would like to throw in my 2 cents for a version that would run on something like a Raspberry Pi. I have been a Mac person since the plus but lately Apple has me a little baffled as to what they are doing! Anyway it looks like I may make the switch soon in spite of that.

Thanks
Peter

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:08 pm
howartp offline

Hi Peter.

My plugin supports any scene controller that uses the "Basic Scene" or "Central Scene" command classes, which is most of them - but not all.

I'll look at compiling a list of devices we know DONT currently work as they use different methods to communicate.

If you see one on the market, see if you can find the tech spec sheet - it should tell you in there whether it's Basic, Central or something else.

Peter

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:26 pm
howartp offline

FYI I'm looking at coding (basic) support for the Enerwave and Cooper RFWC5 controllers, and others that use the same Scene commands.

I've PM'd three users, but if anyone has either of the above and is interested in helping debug (as I don't have the devices to try) please let me know.

Peter

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:12 pm
howartp offline

There's a beta version here:

(LINK REMOVED)

Go to plugins > ZWave Scene Controller > Setup scene controller.

Pick your controller and model and hit Execute.

That should set buttons 1-5 (Cooper) and 1-7 (Enerwave) to work with Indigo.

Then create triggers (Trigger > ZWave Scene Controller Event) for your buttons, with an action of 'Click'.

Let me know how you go.

Peter

Posted on
Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:17 pm
pdmjr offline

I would be willing to send you one of the Cooper z-wave controllers for free and you can keep it after. Seems like a small price to pay for working on that!

Thanks
Peter

Posted on
Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:41 pm
howartp offline

Unfortunately I'm in the UK which has different wiring and voltages and probably wouldn't work with those.

However I could do with a Cooper beta tester; Resnick is testing the Enerwave's for me but I know the Coopers have extra features I need to make sure I account for.

Posted on
Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:45 pm
durosity offline

I've got a 230v to 110v step down transformer I have no use for. Yours for the cost of shipping if you'd like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.