Autolog Foscam HD Controller Discussion

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:01 pm
autolog offline

Autolog Foscam HD Controller Discussion

Please use this thread for any suggestions or questions on the Autolog 'FOSCAM HD Controller' Plugin :)

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:19 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Autolog Foscam HD Controller Discussion

Is there a list of compatible cameras?

I have a F19821P that identifies itself on its page as "HD IP Camera" as well as a C1 and a C2.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:52 pm
autolog offline

Different Computers wrote:
Is there a list of compatible cameras?

No there isn't (at the moment) but it is a good idea :idea:

I have tested with a FI9826P and a FI9831W.

I would be hopeful that your cameras would work as I think the cameras use the same API commands - give it a try and see what happens. :)

If users report which cameras work then a list could be created.

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:28 pm
autolog offline

:?:

Did I imagine it or did you say you had a spinning beachball problem?

I picked up the message, went to do the after dinner washing up and then came back to reply and the message had gone. :?

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:45 pm

I did have one, and I'm not sure how I got rid of it, but it's gone.

Now I have this:
Code: Select all
 Foscam HD Controller Error      alarmFtpDateFolder: Line '640' has error='550 Can't change directory to /IPCamera/FI9821P_00626E60BA24/snap: No such file or directory'

The odd thing to me is I haven't specified any path anything like that. But maybe I don't understand what parameters are required for the path. the path I told it was /Users/username/Documents/cameras/breezeway/

But now that I look, now I see that at 3:18 right after that log error, the path it asks for has been created, though not the "snap" file.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:05 pm

Looks like the trick for me is:

Define camera.
wait for "no ack"
check log for this:
 Foscam HD Controller            'C2 Camera' [192.168.0.226:88] has been initialised to poll at 60 second intervals
   Foscam HD Controller            'C2 Camera' [192.168.0.226:88] has been initialised to poll at 60 second intervals
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.foscamhdcontroller for request CalcDeviceFunc
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.foscamhdcontroller for request UiGetValues2
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.foscamhdcontroller for request CallPluginFunc
   Error (client)                  runDialogForDevice() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

disable Indigo communication
Re-enable communication and it works. Or at least reports status correctly

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:10 pm
autolog offline

Ok - it looks as if there are a few things that need sorting.

Are you saying that it is actually working now or is there a problem?

Thanks for testing :D

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:25 pm

well, it's working for some values of working.

The cameras are reporting, no more "no ack". But damn if I can figure out whether they aren't working right, or if I haven't set something up properly. Does your plugin request snapshots directly from the camera to the computer, or does it FTP stored images on the camera's SD card?

If it's the former, then no, it's not working. If it's the latter, then your instructions and examples are too confusing for me. Does the attached look like the right idea?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 4.18.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 4.18.48 PM.png (77.84 KiB) Viewed 8839 times

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:33 pm

OK, I think I'm figuring it out. The root folder for file save is the folder on the camera, right?

Edit: No, I'm not figuring it out. Could I get a screenshot of a properly configured camera and a properly configured matching Dynamic View?

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:01 pm
autolog offline

Obviously the instructions need enhancing which I will try and clarify below:

The Root folder for FTP file save is a folder on you Mac that will be used to store the images from the camera.

The plugin should create a sub-folder in the root folder of the form: FI9826P_0062AE15A6B0 where (in this case) FI9826P is the camera model and 0062AE15A6B0 is its MAC address. Within this subfolder there will be a date folder (one per day) of the form 20161113 (YYYYMMDD) and then within this date sub-folder there will be multiple sub-folders for every half hour that there have been images captured for e.g. 20161113-163000 (YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS). The images are then stored in this lowest level folder and will have files names of the form e.g. MDAlarm_20161113-143744.jpg.

On the camera you should have the following settings:
  • Record > Storage Location set to SD card
  • Detector > Motion Detection
      Triggered Interval = e.g. 10 seconds
    • Take Snapshot ticked
    • Time Interval = e.g. 1 second
    With the settings above you will get 10 images generated for each motion detection event

The camera folder structure should be something like: A root folder of IPCamera which contains a sub folder of FI9826P_0062AE15A6B0 which contains a sub-folder of Snap which contains a similar folder structure that I detailed above for the Mac i.e. day, half-hour and images.

This folder structure is created by the camera and has nothing to do with the Plugin (other than the Plugin accesses it via FTP).

So things to check are that the folders exist on the SDcard. I use Yummy FTP Pro to access the FTP server on the camera but any standard FTP software should work.
Has the folder structure been created on the Mac?

I define my Mac root folder as /Users/<userid>/Documents/CAMERAS. This root folder can contain multiple sub-folders (one for each camera) which is created by the Plugin.

Hope this clarifies matters and helps :?:

If the images aren't being captured form the camera then the Dynamic View won't show anything.

Hopefully we will get this sorted for you. :)

Posted on
Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:37 pm

I think I'm close.

But Dynamic view question:

Is the root folder to scan something like /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/FI9821P_00626E60BA24
or /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/FI9821P_00626E60BA24/somefoldername
or /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/
or /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway

?

Note my confusion about trailing slashes.

Posted on
Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:31 am
autolog offline

Apologies for the delay in replying :oops:

I think I'm close.

But Dynamic view question:

Is the root folder to scan something like /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/FI9821P_00626E60BA24
or /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/FI9821P_00626E60BA24/somefoldername
or /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/
or /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway

?

Note my confusion about trailing slashes.

The first option i.e. /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/FI9821P_00626E60BA24 with no trailing slash :)

Don't forget that once you have defined your Dynamic View, you then need to go back to the Indigo Foscam Camera device, edit its device settings and select the Dynamic View you have just defined and then Save the update. This then links the camera to the dynamic view. When any image is retrieved by the camera device it will notify the dynamic view which will then update the view.

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:01 am
DirkWe offline

Hello Jon,

im using 2 FI9900 Foscams, but i was not able to get pictures from the cam to my mac.

First of all: What i want to do...

By now i´m using SecuritySpy to view whats happening outside my frontdoor. With a dealy of 15sec this works.

But what i want is: I want to see the last pictures taking by the cams when motion is detected.

So when i read the news about your plugin(s) i installed them after the migration to indigo 7 (which works like a charm):

- I can define my two cams, and they are still communicating with your plugin (showing e.g. motion detection in indidgo) (So, the FI9900P works with your plugin :D )
- I checked my folders and the files on the cam using my ftp client and everthings is exactly how you described it in one of your previous posts.
- I checked the log with activated log-options and there is no hint for me, whats going wrong.

BUT:

There are no folders on my mac (or i can't find them). I expect them in my documents folder ( a new folder named cameras).

Any advice ?

Dirk

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:24 am
autolog offline

Things to check:
  1. You have set-up the Indigo camera device to enable FTP and specified the port as 50021 and defined a root folder e.g. /users/<YOUR USERID>/CAMERA. Note: That the plugin doesn't (currently) set-up this folder, you have to define it - probably a bit of an oversight on my part :oops:
  2. Status Polling is ticked for say Every 5 seconds
  3. On the Foscam camera settings (accessed via the webpage), you have set the following:
    • Status tab > Device Information > Check the Camera Time is correct and agrees with your Apple Mac that is running Indigo
    • Video tab > Snapshot Settings > Pictures Save To is set to SD Card
    • Detector tab > Triggered Interval is set to say 10s, Take Snapshot is checked and Time Interval is set to say 1s
  4. Check the custom states for the Indigo Camera device:
    • isEnable should be 1
    • isMovAlarmEnable should be 1
    • motionDetectAlarm should be 1

If you are still having problems, then you can PM me the debug log. The log can be found by clicking Show Event Logs folder in the Event Log window and the log I want to see is called plugin.log in the com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.foscamhdcontroller folder. :)

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:55 am

Looks like my C1 and C2 camera don't work, though I might still have the config wrong.

I've still got some problem with the dynamic view for it though. It doesn't create a symlink anywhere I can find. If I'm pointing the camera root folder for FTP file save at

/Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway

then the root folder to scan in the dynamic view should also be

/Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/

right?
Or should it be

/Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/FI9821P_00626E60BA24
?

Also, as I try to get this to work, I'm getting
   Foscam HD Controller Error      alarmFtpImageFolder: Line '668' has error='550 Can't change directory to 20161123-113000: No such file or directory'