Autolog Foscam HD Controller Discussion

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:26 pm
autolog offline

Re: Autolog Foscam HD Controller Discussion

Different Computers wrote:
Looks like my C1 and C2 camera don't work, though I might still have the config wrong.

I've still got some problem with the dynamic view for it though. It doesn't create a symlink anywhere I can find. If I'm pointing the camera root folder for FTP file save at

/Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway

then the root folder to scan in the dynamic view should also be

/Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/

right?
Or should it be

/Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/FI9821P_00626E60BA24
?

Also, as I try to get this to work, I'm getting
Code: Select all
   Foscam HD Controller Error      alarmFtpImageFolder: Line '668' has error='550 Can't change directory to 20161123-113000: No such file or directory'

The Root folder to scan should be /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/FI9821P_00626E60BA24

Note you must have previously setup folder /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway - The Foscam HD plugin will create one sub-folder for each camera in this folder i.e. the FI9821P_00626E60BA24 folder in the example above.

Your Sym Link To File should be say /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/current_image.jpg - the plugin will create this

Your Sym Link To Latest File should be say /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/latest_image.jpg - the plugin will create this

Your Default File should be say /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/default_image.jpg - You must create this image

Have you got images in the folders under /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/FI9821P_00626E60BA24 for the dynamic view to display?

Regarding the 550 error - check that the time on the camera agrees with the time on the Apple Mac running Indigo.

Have you been able to use a FTP client to check the folder structure and images on cameras SD card?

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:47 pm
Different Computers offline

autolog wrote:
The Root folder to scan should be /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/FI9821P_00626E60BA24

Note you must have previously setup folder /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway - The Foscam HD plugin will create one sub-folder for each camera in this folder i.e. the FI9821P_00626E60BA24 folder in the example above.

Your Sym Link To File should be say /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/current_image.jpg - the plugin will create this

THIS in bold is what I was missing!
autolog wrote:

Your Sym Link To Latest File should be say /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/latest_image.jpg - the plugin will create this

Your Default File should be say /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/default_image.jpg - You must create this image

Have you got images in the folders under /Users/macadmin/Documents/cameras/breezeway/FI9821P_00626E60BA24 for the dynamic view to display?
Yup.

autolog wrote:
Regarding the 550 error - check that the time on the camera agrees with the time on the Apple Mac running Indigo.

Have you been able to use a FTP client to check the folder structure and images on cameras SD card?
It existed and was as expected last I checked.

I'll make this change and give it a try.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:03 pm

just saw this error
   Dynamic View Controller Error   deviceStartComm: StandardError detected for 'Breezeway Cam' at line '944' = invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'unknown'

When should the DV create the symlink? Does it wait for a new image? I should see it in the directory, right?

Is this what it MUST be named? can it be an arbitrary, existing file?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:23 am
autolog offline

just saw this error
   Dynamic View Controller Error   deviceStartComm: StandardError detected for 'Breezeway Cam' at line '944' = invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'unknown'

Well spotted - a bug that would have caused the plugin not to work. :oops:

I have credited you here - thanks for the assist. :)

I have uploaded a new version - see here for the new download.

When should the DV create the symlink? Does it wait for a new image? I should see it in the directory, right?

It won't create the symlink until it has an image to display

Is this what it MUST be named? can it be an arbitrary, existing file?

It can be whatever you want, wherever you want :)

Hopefully with the updated version of The Dynamic View plugin you may have more success. :)

Posted on
Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:38 pm

Hey, it works! At least with my F19821P. Gotta fiddle with my C1 and C2 to get that going. They aren't properly filling the designated root folders with FTP stuff.

Posted on
Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:12 pm
autolog offline

That's great - apologies for the bug :wink:

I think I may have an idea about your C1 and C2 cameras.
I suspect that your cameras might not be responding to the internal GetMotionDetectConfig command in which case the FTPing wouldn't work.
However, there may be a different way of doing this which I will look at that tomorrow (Friday) and see what I can come up with.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for your patience in helping testing this out. :)

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:38 am

Thank you for making it! I might be able to can EvoCam if this gets working how I want it.

Speaking of, now that I have it working, what's the design idea behind having both "current_image.jpg" and "latest_image.jpg"?

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:59 am
autolog offline

... what's the design idea behind having both "current_image.jpg" and "latest_image.jpg"?

They are two different things:

• latest_image.jpg is what it says - the most recent image downloaded from the camera - this gets updated every time more images are downloaded from the camera
  • current_image.jpg is the current image you are viewing. So for example if you have 80 images downloaded and current image is the same as the latest , then they will both be pointing at image 80. If you use the skip Back action, the current image becomes 79. If another 10 images are downloaded from the camera then the latest image will be image 90 and the current image will still be 79. You of course could now use the Skip Forward action to go through the images up to 90 or use the action Skip to latest to go straight to 90. Other actions are available as documented in this post. I have a Control Page to with seven "paging" buttons: Day Skip Back, Time Skip back, Skip Back, Skip Forward, Time Skip forward, Day Skip Forward and Skip To Latest. I also have additional buttons to be able to turn motion detection on and off.
At some point I would like to introduce a cycling image for say the last 10 images (or however many images are being captured on a motion detection event). This is because typically, when motion detection is tripped the interesting images will be at the start of the batch of images captured not at the end.

Hopefully that makes it a bit clearer. :)

Posted on
Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:58 pm
whmoorejr offline

Perhaps I picked the wrong set of cameras to start testing a new plugin with. I've been attempting to get everything going with a C2 (mostly because it is right in-front of my computer so I can just waive my hand around to test motion stuff without having to stand up and walk around the outside of my house.)

Anyway.... I am getting proper states on the cameras.

I had to do the same thing as DC.... create a device, disable indigo communication, enable indigo communication. (get past the no ACK thing).

You mentioned checking some of the custom settings.... That's a URL GET command to the camera, right?

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:49 pm
whmoorejr offline

Last question then I'll stop bugging you..... will there be Trigger functionality in a future release?

Bill

Posted on
Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:37 pm
autolog offline

whmoorejr wrote:
Perhaps I picked the wrong set of cameras to start testing a new plugin with. I've been attempting to get everything going with a C2 (mostly because it is right in-front of my computer so I can just waive my hand around to test motion stuff without having to stand up and walk around the outside of my house.)

Anyway.... I am getting proper states on the cameras.

I had to do the same thing as DC.... create a device, disable indigo communication, enable indigo communication. (get past the no ACK thing).

You mentioned checking some of the custom settings.... That's a URL GET command to the camera, right?

I am working with another User at the moment to test out some changes to handle theses newer cameras and we are making progress. I haven't got one of the newer cameras to test with which is slowing things down a bit. :wink:

When the plugin starts, it sets all the cameras to 'No Ack' (No Acknowledgement) as no communication has been confirmed with any real camera. When communication is established, the state is changed. The problem with the newer cameras is exacerbating the problem as the plugin (my logic) is getting confused :? - Hopefully it will become less confused in a short while. :wink:

whmoorejr wrote:
Last question then I'll stop bugging you..... will there be Trigger functionality in a future release?

There is trigger functionality already. You can check for device state change and check on/off state becoming on which will give you motion detected.
Are you looking for something different to this?

Posted on
Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:14 pm
whmoorejr offline

No problem on the C2s.

I have one camera working perfectly FI9803EP. The other one (same make/model)... not yet. Having an issue with getting the camera to keep the correct time saved on it. (I think that is the problem right now)

As for the trigger... I'm a bone head. I was looking for plugin specific triggers.... skipped over the "Device State Changed"

As for triggers.... I just set up one to trigger on "Motion Detected" "Becomes True" and that worked fine for motion detection as well.

Personally, I will probably go the trigger route and run a shell script to pull the motion image vs. keeping a running file folder of snapshots.

do shell script "curl -f 'http://10.0.6.132:8062/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=myname&pwd=mypassword' -o ~/Desktop/IPCamRotate/R.jpg"

I then have a control page with refreshing image that points to "R.jpg" I had that set up previously with motion detectors or door sensors and door bells, but wan't getting the image I wanted.

I was in the market for an NVR with alarm outputs to interface with indigo (via i/o link or via DSC plugin).... so you just saved me a ton of $$$ with your plugin.

My favorite part is that it is getting the "Motion" trigger from the camera. All the software solutions out there that provide that trigger into indigo require a computer to watch the cameras and trigger it's own "Motion" trigger. That is a crazy amount of CPU usage when you have as many cameras as I have. (Security Spy recommend I purchase a $8,000 Mac to run their software for my 12 cameras)

Bill

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:06 am

autolog wrote:
I am working with another User at the moment to test out some changes to handle theses newer cameras and we are making progress.

Is that me? Because I think I'm waiting on you, but maybe I missed an update.

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:52 am
autolog offline

autolog wrote:
I am working with another User at the moment to test out some changes to handle theses newer cameras and we are making progress.

Is that me? Because I think I'm waiting on you, but maybe I missed an update.

No it isn't but I will PM you a link to the test version. :D

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:49 am
whmoorejr offline

Feature requests (small ones this time) and a couple questions.

Under Configure Camera/Dynamic Views. If you want to stop broadcasting/un-associate with a Dynamic View, there should be a "none" option on the dropdown. The only options available are the two Dynamic Views that I have set up already.

? detection interval (also under "Configure Camera" ). Is this how long the device holds the state "triggered"? If that means something else, could you please explain it and then add a "Alarm time" for the duration that the Foscam HD Device holds the "triggered" state.

Consider adding "Latch Time" .... the amount of time after the alarm time before the device will trigger another alarm. (Can be done now with triggers/timers/etc.), but would be a cool addition to your already awesome plugin.

Polling question.... the Motion detected signal from the camera, is that pushed out to the created indigo device via your plugin or is the plugin pulling that? (If I set Poll camera to 60 seconds and waive my hand in-front of the camera during that time = no motion detected)?

FYI- With your plugin, my cameras now work with Colorado4Wheeler's EPS Security Manager Plugin allowing me to add cameras to groups of security sensors (DSC Doors, Insteon Motion, etc).

Last thing.... Not really a question or a suggestion... Until I figure out all the FTP image uses, I turned off FTP on all my cameras. One of them is still kicking out the error "line '640' has error="550". I don't know if me shutting off FTP on every camera simultaneously messed up something. I disabled/enabled the plugin and so far no more errors.

Bill