No "Treat as" devices listed

Posted on
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:11 pm
stoney offline

No "Treat as" devices listed

I just got Homebridge Buddy running. Wonderful! I was never able to get the previous version to build. I've added all my relevant Indigo devices, and they show up in the iPhone "Home" app. It's rather tedious to edit them so that they have the correct rooms.

In the Homebridge Indigo Server configuration, I see all my Indigo devices in other lists, but nothing appears in any of the "Treat As..." lists. I expected all my Indigo devices to show up there. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Posted on
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:30 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: No "Treat as" devices listed

It depends on how you added your devices to Homebridge. Did you use "All Devices"? Did you use Wrappers or Aliases?

The way the Treat As lists work is that if you select specific devices to add to HomeKit then those devices become available to use in "Treat As" lists. If you select all then it's just a big blanket of automatically determining (to the best of the plugins ability) the correct device type.

If you use Wrappers or Aliases then they already have a built in "Treat As" and don't need to show up on the server - in fact those devices won't show on the lists at all unless you uncheck the box in the server config to hide all Wrappers and Aliases.

It's easy to get confused on the various lists. A entirely new plugin is in the works to replace HBB in the near future that is much more straightforward in this regard.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:45 pm
stoney offline

Yep, that was it. When I selected "Homebridge friendly" devices from that list, they then showed up in the "Treat As..." lists. Thanks!

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:18 pm
HAupgrade offline

Well, I’ll be darned . I actually found what I needed and don’t have to bug somebody fora change.

Thanks guys! Kudos

Love HBB!!!

Page 1 of 1