Restarting HBB after power failure

Posted on
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:33 pm
rehafer offline

Restarting HBB after power failure

This evening there was some type of power glitch that caused my Mini running Indigo to restart (along with turning on a few TVs). The Mini and Indigo restarted as expected, but HBB didn’t. When I got home, a single mouse click got it started, but my Mom was bereft of Siri goodness until then.
Is there a recommended way to auto start HBB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:45 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Restarting HBB after power failure

Oh no, poor mom! There is an option in the server settings to start and stop with the plugin.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:05 am
rehafer offline

I looked into server settings and that box is checked. Restarting after power failure is weird. Maybe you could an optional delay to the start the next time your fiddling with that part.

Posted on
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:18 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

rehafer wrote:
Restarting after power failure is weird.

Why?

HBB has a few warts but there's a new version coming, ground up rewrite. With any luck I'll have it ready by February 9 when I and many others get their HomePod :)

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:27 am
rehafer offline

I believe that after a power failure, everything is powering up at once and somethings work better when started sequentially. I don’t have hard proof, just a hunch. It seems that it takes a minute or to for the Insteon and Z-wave interfaces to settle down, for instance. Fortunately, power failures have become less frequent since the Electric Co buried our power lines.
I’m also eagerly awaiting my HomePod.

Page 1 of 1