ZXT-120 Homekit problems

Posted on
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:51 am
Asconasny offline

Re: ZXT-120 Homekit problems

Hi

Is it possible to make the thermostat wrapper compatible with thermostat devices made with Smart Devices plugin?
I use this plugin for several rooms, but it does not work with Homebridge buddy.

Posted on
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:54 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Well, technically, it already should. The worst case scenario is that you have to create a few action groups to handle all of the normal thermostat functions and then tell the wrapper to fire that action group while you can get the data (temperature, humidity, etc) directly from your other device. You can't use the Smart Device as the thing you are "wrapping" but this device isn't limited to only using standard thermostats - I'm using this device to pass the temperature reading from my Fibaro motion sensors into HomeKit, so it can be anything you want.

That being said, if there ends up being a lot of requests to wrap a Smart Devices thermostat then I'll integrate it fully.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:57 pm
new2me07 offline

OMFG!!!
So I solved MY issue, These wrapper and extension devices are awesome! So useful; but unfortunately its was a weird misconfiguration issue.

So as stated I tried all the F-C settings in HomeKit and indigo. I didn't try them all at the time though. With Homebridge configuration "show thermostats in Celsius" checked and on the individual device in the Home App set to display Celsius. Everything is displayed in the corrected degree F and all the set points respond accordingly.

Posted on
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:59 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I'm glad you got things figured out :). Maybe you'll still find a use for the wrapper :roll: :wink: .

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:42 pm
webdeck offline

The "show thermostats in Celsius" in HBB is misnamed. It maps to the homebridge-indigo config "thermostatsInCelsius". What it is supposed to indicate is whether or not the temperatures provided by Indigo are in F or C, since the Indigo REST API doesn't provide units, just the value.

If the Indigo device provides and takes temperatures in F, then it should be false, and if it provides and takes temperatures in C, then it should be true. I currently have this setting as a global, so it's can't handle the case if some devices are in F and some are in C, unfortunately.

If there is a case where the device is reporting/taking temps in F and thermostatsInCelsius is false and the values are getting messed up, please let me know because that's a bug.

Posted on
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:48 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

webdeck wrote:
The "show thermostats in Celsius" in HBB is misnamed..

That’s the first I’ve heard that. I’m working on the next generation, hopefully it’ll be unneeded when that drops.

Check Them Out Here