Not responding after Indigo 7.1 update

Posted on
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:56 am
Johnfowles offline

Re: Not responding after Indigo 7.1 update

Well,

I am now at my holiday home and on the local network.

It seems I am riding a ghost ! As I did not see any wrapper or alias or associated device, I just disabled all devices in the "friendly devices list" of HBB settings and reloaded. Up it went and is available in Homekit, but…

In Homekit, it shows with the old name (before I deleted everything) and all associated devices. I can add or subtract any device in the plug-in, it makes no difference. Everything works, however.

I guess if it stays like that, it will take me to the other side of Xmas. And then, we'll see.

Thanks any way for your support and hard work. I can't begin to think why it is to support all of us and our varying degree of domestics proficiency.

Happy holiday and best wishes.

Posted on
Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:18 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Not responding after Indigo 7.1 update

Johnfowles wrote:
In Homekit, it shows with the old name (before I deleted everything) and all associated devices. I can add or subtract any device in the plug-in, it makes no difference. Everything works, however.

The reason for that is HomeKit. For it to really refresh after being "confused" is to change the user ID of the server in HBB, remove the server from HomeKit and re-add it and then everything works as normal.

Johnfowles wrote:
Thanks any way for your support and hard work. I can't begin to think why it is to support all of us and our varying degree of domestics proficiency.

It can be challenging but I try as best as I can in the time that I have :). Thanks for the acknowledgment.

Johnfowles wrote:
Happy holiday and best wishes.

Same to you! I'll be around because I'm trying to really get a lot of Indigo stuff done that I've let sit idle without my support for a while. It's time to push HBB to the next release and work on other plugins that need some love.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here