Update for iOS 11 and Home Out of sync

Posted on
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:37 am
Dlucas10 offline

Hello!

Great plugin! I updated it last night to support iOS 11 and I thought everything was working fine.

It seems that when a light is turned off not via the Home app, that it doesn't update. It's updated immediately in Indigo, but when looking at Home it doesn't. I haven't tried to wait to see if ever updates, but I would expect it to be immediate. Would this have anything to do with naming? I changed some of the lights names in Home to be more understandable. Is it because the Names don't match that it's causing this?

Thanks!

Dave

Posted on
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:29 am
rehafer offline

Re: Update for iOS 11 and Home Out of sync

Does this happen regularly or occasionally? I will have a device get out of sync once in awhile but a few taps has it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:31 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I haven't had this happen on my HB setup, I'll keep a close eye on it in case it's something that's happening with IOS 11.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:12 am
Dlucas10 offline

rehafer wrote:
Does this happen regularly or occasionally? I will have a device get out of sync once in awhile but a few taps has it back.

It seems to do it consistently. I tested it again, if I stay in the Home app and turn off the light (either via Indigo or Manually), it doesn't update the status in Home. If I switch between apps - I did this to try to capture a screen shot of it being off in Indigo but on in Home, home updates right when it's brought to the foreground.

Along my testing, I did the same for Hue (I apologize I didn't do this first) which Home is talking directly to the Hue Bridge and not through HB and it seems to have the same issue. So maybe it's a iOS11 issue with Home not refreshing correctly.

I would expect Home to get updated right away... maybe I'm expecting too much! :lol:

Dave

Posted on
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:23 am
rehafer offline

The Home app updates itself every time it’s opened. (My non-Indigo Elgato take awhile to update so I can tell) It may be the only it updates status, or there might be a schedule also. I’m always flitting between apps so I’ve never noticed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:40 am
rehafer offline

I did a little experiment on my own. With Home app on one device and Indigo Touch on another, I also saw no change in status while Home app stayed open. My Logitech pop button, on the other hand, when used to turn on an Indigo-HBB device, changed status as I watched. There must be a difference in the way the commands are sent/received/acknowledged when implemented by the different developers.
Edit: Or the difference is sending commands directly to HomeKit instead of the device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1