Homebridge Buddy and IOS 11

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:12 am
durosity offline

Re: Homebridge Buddy and IOS 11

FYI 1.0.1 seems to be working perfectly for me without having to reset anything.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:20 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

WOOT!

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:06 pm
rehafer offline

Update: remote access via Home app working as well.
As my grandmother would say ‘It’s the bees knees ‘.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:52 pm
rgspb offline

I deleted the Homebridge from the Home app and re-added it. That fixed it. I had to add all my accessories but at least that was easy.

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:49 pm
Different Computers offline

When you guys say you deleted the home bridge from the app, do you mean the accessory that is the bridge or are you removing the entire home?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:57 pm
rehafer offline

The accessory the is the bridge. When you delete it, all the HBB devices will go with it. When you re-add the bridge all the devices will re-appears in the default room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:58 pm

Probably should have asked for that clarification before I deleted my Home. :|

My own damn fault.

Oh--and now it's working :)

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:09 pm
rgspb offline

I’ve lost remote access since updating everything. What steps can I take to troubleshoot this?

Posted on
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:23 pm

I suggest restarting whatever you’re using for the HomeKit hub.

Posted on
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:34 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Not a lot to do about that but wait. If you just recreated your HomeKit network then it can take a couple hours to propagate. Make sure your Apple TV or iPad (whichever you are using for remote access) are up-to-date and working properly too.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:21 pm
rgspb offline

Thanks, this had been going on for a couple days. I did get it working though! Restarted the Apple TV, logged out/back in to iTunes account, and restarted again. Also restarted my iPhone. It started working after all that so one of those things fixed it. Thanks for the help!

Posted on
Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:50 am
Seeker offline

trying to get this setup for the first (actually second) time.

i installed/upgraded the plugin. home bridge server appears to be running per the log.

i open the home app, press add accessory. nearby accessories shows 'home bridge'. i press home bridge, and it says uncertified accessory. i press add anyway.it says enter home kit code for home bridge, an 8 digit code in the packaging or on the accessory.

i'm stuck. what did i miss?

edit: never mind. i entered the code from the indigo device i created. it was added.
Last edited by Seeker on Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:08 am
PeteVis offline

You can see the code in the address field in Indigo for your homebridge server.

It's 031-45-154...
It's also mentioned here somewhere in the forum... I think it's just a generic code that is hardcoded in homebridge.

Posted on
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:34 am
Seeker offline

ok, another newbie question. i have the home app running. it shows 'default room homebridge'. says it's not certified.

in indigo, under my home bridge device i created, home bridge friendly devices to include, i selected a handful of devices.

are these now supposed to show up in the home app? i don't have any indigo devices showing up, only the home bridge device.

Posted on
Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:20 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

PeteVis wrote:
It's also mentioned here somewhere in the forum... I think it's just a generic code that is hardcoded in homebridge.

I need to update the docs, as I had mentioned earlier in the thread, but it's not so much hard-coded but rather what everyone has been using as the default. This can actually be changed in HBB.

Seeker wrote:
are these now supposed to show up in the home app? i don't have any indigo devices showing up, only the home bridge device.

Try to use the plugin menu for HBB and save and restart your HBB server. If it still doesn't show it could be a HomeKit glitch the requires you to remove the device and re-add it since it was added with no devices in the beginning. Once you get it to see devices then when you add devices in the future they should show up, it seems to only happen when you add a Homebridge server with no devices.

Check Them Out Here