Need Crash Dummies :)

Posted on
Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:34 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Need Crash Dummies :)

Ok, there was some kerfuffle a few months ago with Homebridge Buddy causing some people to experience major issues and I really want to try to get to the bottom of it. I was unable to find anything when it came to light and it was made even more difficult to figure out when a number of people, including myself, never had any issues. I suspect it may be another add-in that we aren't playing well with.

If you were one of these folks can you help me to set up as exact of a replica of your setup as possible so I can really see what's going on? I would need to know what version of MacOS as well as what add-ins you are using so I can load it up and see what HBB does. If you have other data such as "only happened when X, Y or Z was done" please let me know that too.

Thanks!

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:04 am
internix offline

Re: Need Crash Dummies :)

I had some problems in the beginning and I even stopped using HBB for a while. But curiosity got the better of me and I tried again. I had setup several instances of HB and when I tried it again I got rid of all the duplication first.

It worked without a problem. No stability issues at all. Again curiosity drove me to try again with 2 instances of HB active within HBB. This caused indeed the stability problems. After a while the indigo setup froze and I had to restart everything. I got back to one instance of HB again and I have that running for months now without a problem.

My guess is that multiple instances of HB within HBB can create timing issues bringing the whole system on its knees.

I’m very happy with my HBB setup now with just one single HB inside. Looking forward to the upgrade for ios11 and high sierra.

Thanks for a great plugin!!!

Posted on
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:57 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Need Crash Dummies :)

internix wrote:
My guess is that multiple instances of HB within HBB can create timing issues bringing the whole system on its knees.

I thought I asked about this when we were chasing the crasher down, but perhaps not (or I wasn't very clear). In any event, if this scenario is easily reproduced then that's a fantastic lead for C4W (if he decides to chase it down - I don't know if there's a need to run 2 HB instances). And I'd feel a lot better knowing that at least we have a reproducible case.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1