Homebridge Buddy Future

What would you like to see from HBB?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:46 am

Posted on
Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:00 pm
rehafer offline

Re: Homebridge Buddy Future

I'd also say about 2/3 of the events in my home are automated. Of the other 1/3, mostly are 'immediate needs'; turn on a light when I'm looking for something or turn a fan when I'm hot. Siri on the watch is great when you have your hands full.
I find HomeKit geofencing works well for me.
Also, I have some regular HomeKit devices so have some scenes that control them plus activate an Indigo Action Group via HBB. when I say "Goodnight" to Siri it turns on the nightlight on my iDevice plug and runs the Goodnight Action Group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:12 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

To those that asked: I have the series 2 watch and it's slightly on the slow side but not bad at all. I have no patience for delays so I would tell you if it sucked!

Like most folks that use Indigo, my house is 85% automated by schedules & triggers. Of the remaining 15% is where I do almost everything via voice.

jay (support) wrote:
I don't wear my watch that much, my iPhone is invariably in my pocket or out of reach

My first go at voice controlling my house was to put my old iPhones around to answer to "Hey Siri". I now have four Echo Dots to do most of that (since their microphones are far better) but still keep a "Hey Siri" plugged in just in case. Although I rarely need it with my watch.

As for the watch, I didn't think I would use it for much because I wanted it 99% for this purpose, to control my house. Now I rely so heavily on it that I don't know what I would do without it. I'm a fitness freak so having that keep me on task is awesome, add to that the ability to track time spent with my clients, control my home, control my music and everything else - hell yea I'm upgrading in the fall :).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:53 pm
Different Computers offline

The only odd thing I have that may not be related is push notifications come through randomly and grouped.. so I’ll often get two or three messages saying the bedroom window has closed, the front door has locked, the garage door has closed, etc all at once hours after they last changed.

Yup! Me too!

First, about 60% of my automation is, well, automatic. Meaning I don't do anything for stuff to happen (triggers/schedules).

Yup Me too!

I think I'm also 60% automations based on schedules or triggers, but really 95% if it was total number of Actions, because I have an awful lot of really small things happening, like lights ramping up a few % at a time from 0 to 100%. 10% HomeBridge actions, which are often me preemptively asking for an automated action to be done early. 20% control pages, but again, that's often really minor things like "skip this song" or "lower the dining room volume."

HBB is the ONLY reason I haven't taken my current Indigo Mac to 10.12. In 10.11.x, it is absolutely rock solid, something I never achieved with HomeBridge alone.

Thank you and please keep up the good work!

I can't really answer the poll, so I guess Other is my answer. I would remove the standalone HB if you went with doing it all yourself, and I would work the other way if you went that route. So my "Other" answer is really: All of the above.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:37 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Different Computers wrote:
HBB is the ONLY reason I haven't taken my current Indigo Mac to 10.12. In 10.11.x, it is absolutely rock solid, something I never achieved with HomeBridge alone.

Wow, thank you :oops:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:42 am

Oh and let me double down by saying I'm really looking forward to rumored inclusion of things like Homebridge-iTunes and Homebridge-Camera inside HBB, because I can't find any documentation on how to add these otherwise except as separate instances, which seems like a bad idea.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:19 am
rehafer offline

I see that webdeck has put out an iOS 11 version of Homebridge-Indigo. Is that going to migrate to HBB, I'm a little fuzzy on the process.

Posted on
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:27 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

rehafer wrote:
I see that webdeck has put out an iOS 11 version of Homebridge-Indigo. Is that going to migrate to HBB, I'm a little fuzzy on the process.

I've been talking to Webdeck and the IOS 11 requires some updates to HB and HBB to work properly, I'm going to release an update that incorporates that.

looking forward to rumored inclusion of things like Homebridge-iTunes and Homebridge-Camera inside HBB

HB-Itunes was totally broken last time I tried to use it, so it won't make it unless they have since fixed it. HB-Camera I actually tried to get to work but it requires a number of other libraries that are very difficult to incorporate into HBB. This is why HBB allows you to also use HB-Indigo so you can use other 3rd party plugins.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:43 am
Parp offline

I also am running HBB on a Mac with 10.11, and it is the reason I'm not updating it.

I'm looking forward to using HBB with the HomePod!

Thank you for all of your work on this! It is amazing.

Posted on
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:36 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Parp wrote:
I also am running HBB on a Mac with 10.11, and it is the reason I'm not updating it.

HBB is the ONLY reason I haven't taken my current Indigo Mac to 10.12. In 10.11.x,

I'm curious why you haven't upgraded. Is it because "it's working and I don't want to screw with it" or do you think Sierra is a problem? I ran on Sierra for a while but downgraded because Matt & Jay requested we not run Sierra during the beta so I went back to El Capitan - I had no issues but now I'm thinking of upgrading it again just to see.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:41 am
Parp offline

It's working great for me and it seemed like there was a vibe that Sierra might be causing some issues. So, I just decided to stick with what works! (For now!)

Posted on
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:47 am

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I'm curious why you haven't upgraded. Is it because "it's working and I don't want to screw with it" or do you think Sierra is a problem? I ran on Sierra for a while but downgraded because Matt & Jay requested we not run Sierra during the beta so I went back to El Capitan - I had no issues but now I'm thinking of upgrading it again just to see.

Months ago, I had problems. I think that was with 10.12.2.
Had to move to a less powerful Mac.
At the time I did the move, the HBB +Sierra was still an uncertainty.

Posted on
Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:20 pm
malencar offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
rehafer wrote:

I've been talking to Webdeck and the IOS 11 requires some updates to HB and HBB to work properly, I'm going to release an update that incorporates that.

looking forward to rumored inclusion of things like Homebridge-iTunes and Homebridge-Camera inside HBB

HB-Itunes was totally broken last time I tried to use it, so it won't make it unless they have since fixed it. HB-Camera I actually tried to get to work but it requires a number of other libraries that are very difficult to incorporate into HBB. This is why HBB allows you to also use HB-Indigo so you can use other 3rd party plugins.

First of all, thank you for your awesome work on HBB! I had working flawlessly for over a year... Until I made the mistake of installing IOS 11 Beta and it ceased to work. Which leads me to my question: Do you have an estimate of when we should expect an IOS 11 patch?

Thanks.

Posted on
Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:40 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Friday. I have the working version but I cannot post it today because I'm in my RV.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:12 pm
malencar offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Friday. I have the working version but I cannot post it today because I'm in my RV.

Awesome! Thank you!

Posted on
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Just thought I'd mention that in my experience, iOS 11 works **sometimes** with HBB as it is now.

Oddly, the iPad that ran the 11 Beta for the past 6 weeks seemed to vary day by day as to whether it would work. But today, upgrading my phone, it seems stable.